Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

We need to pick up a RG with Snyder signing with the cards. Niners going to talk to Eddie Royal as well

We need to pick up a RG with Snyder signing with the cards. Niners going to talk to Eddie Royal as well

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

Morgan has had 9 touchdowns combined in the past 4 years. Dont really see that big of an issue here.

Of course, he will ball out in Washington.....and there will be yet another example, of how Alex Smith is holding this team back, for NT23 to try to defend.

Out of the 64 games the last four years, Alex started only started 36 and that includes this last year. So yeah, it was Alex holding the team back 
eyes.gif
But I'm sure you'll avoid responding after a logical rebuttal is presented just like you did in the Moss thread.

Have a good day sir.
On top of that, name one WR that has left SF during Alex's tenure and gone on to post big numbers. Forget big numbers, name one WR that has left and become a #1 WR for a team. I'll be waiting. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

Morgan has had 9 touchdowns combined in the past 4 years. Dont really see that big of an issue here.

Of course, he will ball out in Washington.....and there will be yet another example, of how Alex Smith is holding this team back, for NT23 to try to defend.

Out of the 64 games the last four years, Alex started only started 36 and that includes this last year. So yeah, it was Alex holding the team back 
eyes.gif
But I'm sure you'll avoid responding after a logical rebuttal is presented just like you did in the Moss thread.

Have a good day sir.
On top of that, name one WR that has left SF during Alex's tenure and gone on to post big numbers. Forget big numbers, name one WR that has left and become a #1 WR for a team. I'll be waiting. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Now our team is great, and our quarterback is average at best.  So we are being held back.

And I still firmly believe, as bad as our team was in 2009 and 2010, if we had a good QB, we would have been a playoff team.

I agree.  Not saying our current defense is as good as the defense that I'm about to compare them to, but I do believe we are on track to become great................but had the Baltimore Ravens as an organization gotten a solid QB during the prime of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed being together I believe they could have gotten at least 1 Super Bowl together as a unit.  Like I've been saying, we OWE it to our defense, more specifically to the prime and soon to be greatness of Patrick Willis to get a solid QB that can score points for us and not have to settle for field goals.

Alex leaves more plays on the field than any quarterback I can remember watching

100% Truth.  I want everyone to think about this for a second, this year we had David Akers actually break a Jerry Rice record.  That means a field goal kicker broke a long-standing record by a receiver.  Which then means that our offense left points on the field because they didn't score a touchdown, which means Alex Smith didn't do his job properly and score a touchdown for the offense and the team.
How many balls were dropped this season? How many TD's were dropped this season? I'm not saying Alex isnt without fault, but what I am saying is that it takes more than just a QB to leave plays on the field. How many times did the Oline put the offense in 3rd and long with stupid penalties? If you ask any QB to covert 3rd and long on a consistent basis, you are looking at a very low conversion percentage. Thats why team like to run the ball b\c the margin for error decreases by almost 40%. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Now our team is great, and our quarterback is average at best.  So we are being held back.

And I still firmly believe, as bad as our team was in 2009 and 2010, if we had a good QB, we would have been a playoff team.

I agree.  Not saying our current defense is as good as the defense that I'm about to compare them to, but I do believe we are on track to become great................but had the Baltimore Ravens as an organization gotten a solid QB during the prime of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed being together I believe they could have gotten at least 1 Super Bowl together as a unit.  Like I've been saying, we OWE it to our defense, more specifically to the prime and soon to be greatness of Patrick Willis to get a solid QB that can score points for us and not have to settle for field goals.

Alex leaves more plays on the field than any quarterback I can remember watching

100% Truth.  I want everyone to think about this for a second, this year we had David Akers actually break a Jerry Rice record.  That means a field goal kicker broke a long-standing record by a receiver.  Which then means that our offense left points on the field because they didn't score a touchdown, which means Alex Smith didn't do his job properly and score a touchdown for the offense and the team.
How many balls were dropped this season? How many TD's were dropped this season? I'm not saying Alex isnt without fault, but what I am saying is that it takes more than just a QB to leave plays on the field. How many times did the Oline put the offense in 3rd and long with stupid penalties? If you ask any QB to covert 3rd and long on a consistent basis, you are looking at a very low conversion percentage. Thats why team like to run the ball b\c the margin for error decreases by almost 40%. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Has Kyle Williams been released/banned from the league yet?
IDK..........but they BETTER not put him in any kind of punt return situation..........deep passes only where he will catch the ball and fall to the ground NO RUNNING THE BALL KYLE...........EVER!!!!!!!!!

IDK..........but they BETTER not put him in any kind of punt return situation..........deep passes only where he will catch the ball and fall to the ground NO RUNNING THE BALL KYLE...........EVER!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Honestly, I can't wait to hear our crowd boo him. That %@!% still stings. Dont care what anyone says. With the way our defense was locked in and stepping up HUGE for us, the only way we were going to lose that game is if we made a terrible mistake (INT, Fumble, etc.) where NY would be in/or close to FG range. 
As much as his fumble that sealed the game hurt, I respect him trying to make a play with our offense struggling. It hurts, but I can live with it. The one that I can't forgive him for is the one where he committed to returning that Punt off the bounce and then decides to change his mind RIGHT when he gets to the ball. This dude even had the nerve to complain about the call in an NFC championship game with a ton of different angles 
laugh.gif

It especially hurts because us 49er fans have seen NOTHING but bad teams for a decade, and we finally put it all together for a season, get to the NFCC, not take advantage of it and look like the 49ers we all were used to seeing in previous years. 
tired.gif
tired.gif
 Hell of a season though, other than beating ourselves late in the NFCC game theres nothing to hang our head about. This squad (coaching staff included) showed us something we haven't seen in a looong time.

On a brighter note, this coming season looks promising. I hope Gore can stay healthy and still be an elite back because it all starts and ends with him. I think Crabtree will have a better year assuming that we have 3 legitimate receivers, not sold on Moss but knowing what he COULD do is exciting, I do think Lloyd and Manningham are great receivers and would help us out tremendously. B.Lloyd can make some incredible acrobatic catches, which might just be perfect if Alex continues to over/under throw receivers
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Honestly, I can't wait to hear our crowd boo him. That %@!% still stings. Dont care what anyone says. With the way our defense was locked in and stepping up HUGE for us, the only way we were going to lose that game is if we made a terrible mistake (INT, Fumble, etc.) where NY would be in/or close to FG range. 
As much as his fumble that sealed the game hurt, I respect him trying to make a play with our offense struggling. It hurts, but I can live with it. The one that I can't forgive him for is the one where he committed to returning that Punt off the bounce and then decides to change his mind RIGHT when he gets to the ball. This dude even had the nerve to complain about the call in an NFC championship game with a ton of different angles 
laugh.gif

It especially hurts because us 49er fans have seen NOTHING but bad teams for a decade, and we finally put it all together for a season, get to the NFCC, not take advantage of it and look like the 49ers we all were used to seeing in previous years. 
tired.gif
tired.gif
 Hell of a season though, other than beating ourselves late in the NFCC game theres nothing to hang our head about. This squad (coaching staff included) showed us something we haven't seen in a looong time.

On a brighter note, this coming season looks promising. I hope Gore can stay healthy and still be an elite back because it all starts and ends with him. I think Crabtree will have a better year assuming that we have 3 legitimate receivers, not sold on Moss but knowing what he COULD do is exciting, I do think Lloyd and Manningham are great receivers and would help us out tremendously. B.Lloyd can make some incredible acrobatic catches, which might just be perfect if Alex continues to over/under throw receivers
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I have a question..........If Drew Brees` franchise tag wasnt exclusive.........would ANYBODY in niner nation be opposed to giving up the picks for him?

I know i wouldnt

I have a question..........If Drew Brees` franchise tag wasnt exclusive.........would ANYBODY in niner nation be opposed to giving up the picks for him?

I know i wouldnt

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

So out of the the receivers we showed interest in(Chaz, Manningham, Lloyd, Laurent) None of them signed as of now
30t6p3b.gif

So out of the the receivers we showed interest in(Chaz, Manningham, Lloyd, Laurent) None of them signed as of now
30t6p3b.gif

Its rumored that Manningham was looking for 7 mill a yr. I'm glad he did get on a plane b\c he aint worth more than what Morgan got. He is a product of a more pass oriented system and two WR's Nicks and Cruz.

Its rumored that Manningham was looking for 7 mill a yr. I'm glad he did get on a plane b\c he aint worth more than what Morgan got. He is a product of a more pass oriented system and two WR's Nicks and Cruz.

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

Seeing that our Defense is pretty much perfect as it is.........Brees will make all the WR`s look like Probowlers. (see Robert Meachem)

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

Seeing that our Defense is pretty much perfect as it is.........Brees will make all the WR`s look like Probowlers. (see Robert Meachem)

Im not a 49er fan, but I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your damn minds if you think Alex Smith is anything more than an average QB. There are plenty of teams in need of QBs, and Alex has had absolutely zero interest from other teams. That speaks volumes.

Im not a 49er fan, but I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your damn minds if you think Alex Smith is anything more than an average QB. There are plenty of teams in need of QBs, and Alex has had absolutely zero interest from other teams. That speaks volumes.

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif
QFT!
pimp.gif

Is there a chance we make a run at Manningham? 
nerd.gif

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif
QFT!
pimp.gif

Is there a chance we make a run at Manningham? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom