Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I have a question..........If Drew Brees` franchise tag wasnt exclusive.........would ANYBODY in niner nation be opposed to giving up the picks for him?

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

As would I 
laugh.gif
We would win the SB this year guaranteed. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I have a question..........If Drew Brees` franchise tag wasnt exclusive.........would ANYBODY in niner nation be opposed to giving up the picks for him?

I know i wouldnt
I'd give all 7
laugh.gif

As would I 
laugh.gif
We would win the SB this year guaranteed. 

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

Morgan has had 9 touchdowns combined in the past 4 years. Dont really see that big of an issue here.

Of course, he will ball out in Washington.....and there will be yet another example, of how Alex Smith is holding this team back, for NT23 to try to defend.

Out of the 64 games the last four years, Alex started only started 36 and that includes this last year. So yeah, it was Alex holding the team back 
eyes.gif
But I'm sure you'll avoid responding after a logical rebuttal is presented just like you did in the Moss thread.

Have a good day sir.
On top of that, name one WR that has left SF during Alex's tenure and gone on to post big numbers. Forget big numbers, name one WR that has left and become a #1 WR for a team. I'll be waiting. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CrunchyBlack9

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

Morgan has had 9 touchdowns combined in the past 4 years. Dont really see that big of an issue here.

Of course, he will ball out in Washington.....and there will be yet another example, of how Alex Smith is holding this team back, for NT23 to try to defend.

Out of the 64 games the last four years, Alex started only started 36 and that includes this last year. So yeah, it was Alex holding the team back 
eyes.gif
But I'm sure you'll avoid responding after a logical rebuttal is presented just like you did in the Moss thread.

Have a good day sir.
On top of that, name one WR that has left SF during Alex's tenure and gone on to post big numbers. Forget big numbers, name one WR that has left and become a #1 WR for a team. I'll be waiting. 
nerd.gif

Antonio Bryant in Tampa Bay (2008): 83 rec 1248 yds 7 TDs
Isaac Bruce (2008): 61 rec 835 yds 7 TD (Not big but clueless Nolan and Singletary era with noodle arm Shaun Hill)

Isaac Bruce (2008): 61 rec 835 yds 7 TD (Not big but clueless Nolan and Singletary era with noodle arm Shaun Hill)

Originally Posted by MzD650

Im not a 49er fan, but I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your damn minds if you think Alex Smith is anything more than an average QB. There are plenty of teams in need of QBs, and Alex has had absolutely zero interest from other teams. That speaks volumes.

I think that's why he isn't signed yet, the FO gave him an offer they thought was reasonable, prob 3 years for less than $10 million a year. He's pretty much a stopgap QB at this point for Kaepernick or anyone else they have in mind. The thing is this team is pretty much superbowl ready and you can't just take a risk at QB at this point. Alex Smith at this point won't lose you games, which is good enough for the team because there's no other immediate upgrades at the position.

Originally Posted by MzD650

Im not a 49er fan, but I have been reading through the last few pages of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your damn minds if you think Alex Smith is anything more than an average QB. There are plenty of teams in need of QBs, and Alex has had absolutely zero interest from other teams. That speaks volumes.

I think that's why he isn't signed yet, the FO gave him an offer they thought was reasonable, prob 3 years for less than $10 million a year. He's pretty much a stopgap QB at this point for Kaepernick or anyone else they have in mind. The thing is this team is pretty much superbowl ready and you can't just take a risk at QB at this point. Alex Smith at this point won't lose you games, which is good enough for the team because there's no other immediate upgrades at the position.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

What did Bryant do after that season? As for Bruce, those Crabtree posted better numbers last season. Not to mention VD posted better numbers the year before. Point being is, if the rest of the talent is mediocre, how do you expect your QB to look anything better. Espcially when the coaching has been less than stellar. 

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

What did Bryant do after that season? As for Bruce, those Crabtree posted better numbers last season. Not to mention VD posted better numbers the year before. Point being is, if the rest of the talent is mediocre, how do you expect your QB to look anything better. Espcially when the coaching has been less than stellar. 

Deuce King wrote:

Alex leaves more plays on the field than any quarterback I can remember watching

100% Truth.  I want everyone to think about this for a second, this year we had David Akers actually break a Jerry Rice record.  That means a field goal kicker broke a long-standing record by a receiver.  Which then means that our offense left points on the field because they didn't score a touchdown, which means Alex Smith didn't do his job properly and score a touchdown for the offense and the team.
It seemed like for a stretch of 6 or 7 games in a row, we would start the game out with a 6-0 lead. I didn't see enough opening drives turn into TD's last year...As a matter of fact, I counted on NFL.com. They had 2 opening drive touchdowns last year INCLUDING the postseason. Those two scores came against Cleveland and a blowout win against Tampa Bay
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

This offense left WAYYYYYYYY too many points on the board last season. It was ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Deuce King wrote:

Alex leaves more plays on the field than any quarterback I can remember watching

100% Truth.  I want everyone to think about this for a second, this year we had David Akers actually break a Jerry Rice record.  That means a field goal kicker broke a long-standing record by a receiver.  Which then means that our offense left points on the field because they didn't score a touchdown, which means Alex Smith didn't do his job properly and score a touchdown for the offense and the team.
It seemed like for a stretch of 6 or 7 games in a row, we would start the game out with a 6-0 lead. I didn't see enough opening drives turn into TD's last year...As a matter of fact, I counted on NFL.com. They had 2 opening drive touchdowns last year INCLUDING the postseason. Those two scores came against Cleveland and a blowout win against Tampa Bay
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

This offense left WAYYYYYYYY too many points on the board last season. It was ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom