Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

Alex Smith and Nate Davis are both FA, I don't expect either to be back with the team next year. 

i sure hope so!

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

If we retain any of the 4 QB's I think we keep David Carr.
Carr signed a 2 year deal we got him for 1 more but I hope to god he doesn't make the 53 man roster

Originally Posted by LB510

If we retain any of the 4 QB's I think we keep David Carr.
Carr signed a 2 year deal we got him for 1 more but I hope to god he doesn't make the 53 man roster

Originally Posted by Andrew630

I still don't get the obsession with Nate Davis.
if you saw a lick of his games at ball state or even when he got PT...dude can ball.  Besides his shortcoming, theres a lot to like in nate davis as a QB.
i hope he succeeds wherever he ends up

and like WCF said, you were all about alex smith.  you really have no room to be making any of these 'i dont get why ppl are obsessed with ________'

picture-15.png

if you saw a lick of his games at ball state or even when he got PT...dude can ball.  Besides his shortcoming, theres a lot to like in nate davis as a QB.
i hope he succeeds wherever he ends up

and like WCF said, you were all about alex smith.  you really have no room to be making any of these 'i dont get why ppl are obsessed with ________'

picture-15.png

There shouldnt be an "obsession" with Nate Davis, but he is still intriguing.  He should have started week 17 against the Cardinals.  He is the only QB the Niners have had in the better part of the last decade that we still have NO IDEA if he is going to be a quality NFL QB.  He was very, VERY good in college, has looked good in NFL preseasons.....yet cant get onto the field.

I know he has a learning disability and what not.  But the fact that we have had down years every year he has been on our roster and he STILL cant see the field is a joke.  We have no clue what we have in him.  He might be good, he might be worse than Alex.  But the fact of the matter is, he hasnt gotten a single chance to see what he can do.  That is a problem, and that is why our fans want to see him play. 

There shouldnt be an "obsession" with Nate Davis, but he is still intriguing.  He should have started week 17 against the Cardinals.  He is the only QB the Niners have had in the better part of the last decade that we still have NO IDEA if he is going to be a quality NFL QB.  He was very, VERY good in college, has looked good in NFL preseasons.....yet cant get onto the field.

I know he has a learning disability and what not.  But the fact that we have had down years every year he has been on our roster and he STILL cant see the field is a joke.  We have no clue what we have in him.  He might be good, he might be worse than Alex.  But the fact of the matter is, he hasnt gotten a single chance to see what he can do.  That is a problem, and that is why our fans want to see him play. 

Originally Posted by dland24

We have no clue what we have in him.  He might be good, he might be worse than Alex.  But the fact of the matter is, he hasnt gotten a single chance to see what he can do.  That is a problem, and that is why our fans want to see him play. 

exactly. he wasnt going to hurt anything by playing him at the end of the season.

We have no clue what we have in him.  He might be good, he might be worse than Alex.  But the fact of the matter is, he hasnt gotten a single chance to see what he can do.  That is a problem, and that is why our fans want to see him play. 

exactly. he wasnt going to hurt anything by playing him at the end of the season.

after watching the BCS game, i am 100% anti-newton.
want no part of him...ESPECIALLY @ 7
sick.gif

oh, and Fairley is a beast

after watching the BCS game, i am 100% anti-newton.
want no part of him...ESPECIALLY @ 7
sick.gif

oh, and Fairley is a beast

http://www.csnbayarea.com...D=388761&feedID=2800

New 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh spent most of Monday speaking with the team's assistant coaches at the team's offices in Santa Clara, as he begins the process of putting together his staff.

Greg Manusky, who spent four seasons as the 49ers' defensive coordinator, has been granted permission to interview for defensive coordinator positions with the Arizona Cardinals (Tuesday) and Dallas Cowboys (Wednesday), he confirmed to Comcast SportsNet. Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter first reported the news.
http://
"Right now, I'm in limbo," Manusky said Monday night as he prepared to board a plane to Arizona.

Manusky is also believed to be a candidate to replace San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera -- if, as expected, Rivera is named Carolina Panthers head coach this week. Manusky interviewed for the Panthers head-coaching job on Saturday.

Harbaugh met Monday with Stanford defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who Harbaugh intends to hire to his staff, a source said. (ESPN reports the Dallas Cowboys, who are looking for a defensive coordinator, have also talked to Fangio.)

Fangio served as an NFL defensive coordinator for 11 seasons. But Fangio might also be a candidate to replace Harbaugh as Stanford head coach after top candidate Chris Petersen announced he will remain at Boise State.

Tim Drevno also met with Harbaugh on Monday, the source said. Drevno coached Stanford tight ends (2008-09) and offensive line (2010) under Harbaugh.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...D=388761&feedID=2800

New 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh spent most of Monday speaking with the team's assistant coaches at the team's offices in Santa Clara, as he begins the process of putting together his staff.

Greg Manusky, who spent four seasons as the 49ers' defensive coordinator, has been granted permission to interview for defensive coordinator positions with the Arizona Cardinals (Tuesday) and Dallas Cowboys (Wednesday), he confirmed to Comcast SportsNet. Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter first reported the news.
http://
"Right now, I'm in limbo," Manusky said Monday night as he prepared to board a plane to Arizona.

Manusky is also believed to be a candidate to replace San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera -- if, as expected, Rivera is named Carolina Panthers head coach this week. Manusky interviewed for the Panthers head-coaching job on Saturday.

Harbaugh met Monday with Stanford defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who Harbaugh intends to hire to his staff, a source said. (ESPN reports the Dallas Cowboys, who are looking for a defensive coordinator, have also talked to Fangio.)

Fangio served as an NFL defensive coordinator for 11 seasons. But Fangio might also be a candidate to replace Harbaugh as Stanford head coach after top candidate Chris Petersen announced he will remain at Boise State.

Tim Drevno also met with Harbaugh on Monday, the source said. Drevno coached Stanford tight ends (2008-09) and offensive line (2010) under Harbaugh.

100% Truth on all levels. 

100% Truth on all levels. 

Back
Top Bottom