Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

What you guys think about gabbert????

im Biased because i live in MO and im a mizzou fan........but he is big and has a great arm.

He isnt as fast as id like, but he is great in the pocket as long as blockers are doing their job
EDIT***

We wont have a chance at luck.......so im not even gonna bring him up....Carolina or MAYBE denver will pick him up

Originally Posted by dland24

Dammit....we dont play the Raiders next year?

Spoiler [+]
wink.gif

You don't want to mess with us next year
pimp.gif

I haven't seen much of Gabbert, [singletary] I gotta go look at the film [/singletary]....but I've heard good things about him. He might be worth considering with our 2nd rounder if we can get a good CB with our first. I still think we need to give Carolina a deal they can't refuse, at least give it our best shot.

I haven't seen much of Gabbert, [singletary] I gotta go look at the film [/singletary]....but I've heard good things about him. He might be worth considering with our 2nd rounder if we can get a good CB with our first. I still think we need to give Carolina a deal they can't refuse, at least give it our best shot.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Spoiler [+]
wink.gif

pimp.gif

Right.  Heard the same thing a year ago.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Spoiler [+]
wink.gif

pimp.gif

Right.  Heard the same thing a year ago.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

SI's
Peter King reports that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh will choose between
the 49ers and the University of Michigan for his next job.

It appears Oakland and Carolina can forget about the hottest coaching
candidate in college and pro football. King mentioned Jeff Fisher as a
fall-back plan in San Francisco should new GM Trent Baalke not be able
to keep Harbaugh from his alma mater. The Wolverines haven't fired Rich
Rodriguez, although there's no question they would if they knew they
could land Harbaugh
Imagine if we landed both Harbaugh and Luck.  I wouldnt mind Mallet,  pass rusher or one of the top 2 CBs

Yet another clue that the FO has NO IDEA what they're doing. They need to look for a GM that HAS A PLAN of what he wants to do. Fisher and Harbaugh are TWO DIFFERENT types of coaches.

This will not end well.
Can you please explain the differences?

Plus Fisher has been stuck with the Kerry Collins/Vince Young combo the past few years.  I don't think Fisher is a bad hire, if available.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

SI's
Peter King reports that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh will choose between
the 49ers and the University of Michigan for his next job.

It appears Oakland and Carolina can forget about the hottest coaching
candidate in college and pro football. King mentioned Jeff Fisher as a
fall-back plan in San Francisco should new GM Trent Baalke not be able
to keep Harbaugh from his alma mater. The Wolverines haven't fired Rich
Rodriguez, although there's no question they would if they knew they
could land Harbaugh
Imagine if we landed both Harbaugh and Luck.  I wouldnt mind Mallet,  pass rusher or one of the top 2 CBs

Yet another clue that the FO has NO IDEA what they're doing. They need to look for a GM that HAS A PLAN of what he wants to do. Fisher and Harbaugh are TWO DIFFERENT types of coaches.

This will not end well.
Can you please explain the differences?

Plus Fisher has been stuck with the Kerry Collins/Vince Young combo the past few years.  I don't think Fisher is a bad hire, if available.

even a great coach won't turn a team around himself, this ain't college. belichick - brady = dungy - manning = cowher - steelers d = gruden - (buc's d + intricate knowledge of oakland's gameplan) = billick - ravens d etc etc = average team. just look at whisenhunt w/ and w/o warner. jeff fisher was 16 inches away from a title; this year's carolina team looked horrible but foxy had them in the super bowl a few years ago. of course a bad coach can sink the ship himself, but i'm more concerned with players. solidify the gm position, get a DECENT coach, and let's focus on the draft

obviously we need a qb, any improvement by anthony davis aka kwame harris the remix would be nice too

run defense was solid, pass rush wasn't what it was last year but i'm okay with manny/parys/ahmad/laboy combo. aubrayo was alright, not the beast he was last year, franchise tag might have had something to do with that. willis is still all-world, but he'll never be like ray because pat just doesn't lay the lumber like ray did (and still does)

clements is over the hill, not a big shawntae fan either. i'm glad nt showed me early that taylor swift is garbage, i was adequately prepared seeing him get benched

pick 7, qb's available probably mallett, gabbert, locker, newton, i like mallett the most, i have serious questions about each of the others. other than that, shore up the secondary, o line, same as ever year

even a great coach won't turn a team around himself, this ain't college. belichick - brady = dungy - manning = cowher - steelers d = gruden - (buc's d + intricate knowledge of oakland's gameplan) = billick - ravens d etc etc = average team. just look at whisenhunt w/ and w/o warner. jeff fisher was 16 inches away from a title; this year's carolina team looked horrible but foxy had them in the super bowl a few years ago. of course a bad coach can sink the ship himself, but i'm more concerned with players. solidify the gm position, get a DECENT coach, and let's focus on the draft

obviously we need a qb, any improvement by anthony davis aka kwame harris the remix would be nice too

run defense was solid, pass rush wasn't what it was last year but i'm okay with manny/parys/ahmad/laboy combo. aubrayo was alright, not the beast he was last year, franchise tag might have had something to do with that. willis is still all-world, but he'll never be like ray because pat just doesn't lay the lumber like ray did (and still does)

clements is over the hill, not a big shawntae fan either. i'm glad nt showed me early that taylor swift is garbage, i was adequately prepared seeing him get benched

pick 7, qb's available probably mallett, gabbert, locker, newton, i like mallett the most, i have serious questions about each of the others. other than that, shore up the secondary, o line, same as ever year

No way Gabbert is landing in the second round, it would be a surprise... Since he declared now, I think Mallett, McElroy and a few of the extra QB's will have a chance of dropping to the 2nd round

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
49ers coming to the East Coast... I can either go to Baltimore, Washington and Philly... Any 49er fans from either of these cities
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

No way Gabbert is landing in the second round, it would be a surprise... Since he declared now, I think Mallett, McElroy and a few of the extra QB's will have a chance of dropping to the 2nd round

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
49ers coming to the East Coast... I can either go to Baltimore, Washington and Philly... Any 49er fans from either of these cities
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Right here champ.  I'm live in Maryland so I plan on attending the game against Washington and maybe Baltimore as well.  It's pretty much a wrap for all these ******* fans around here just like a few years ago. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Right here champ.  I'm live in Maryland so I plan on attending the game against Washington and maybe Baltimore as well.  It's pretty much a wrap for all these ******* fans around here just like a few years ago. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

im in northern Va, but plan on doing the same.. I was hoping they would play the steelers in Pittsburgh, cause i'd go to that one too, even though it would be an L.. no chance i go to philly though..

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

im in northern Va, but plan on doing the same.. I was hoping they would play the steelers in Pittsburgh, cause i'd go to that one too, even though it would be an L.. no chance i go to philly though..

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm in Richmond, might hit up the philly game depending on the date, not messing w/ any possible snow games, I'll be damned if I'm get snow thrown at me for 3 hours.

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm in Richmond, might hit up the philly game depending on the date, not messing w/ any possible snow games, I'll be damned if I'm get snow thrown at me for 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom