Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by dland24

Espn is reporting that Harbaugh will turn down Michigan job.
Sounds good to me.  Going to Michigan for him would be a step backwards anyway.  Hopefully we pick him up.

Originally Posted by dland24

Espn is reporting that Harbaugh will turn down Michigan job.
Sounds good to me.  Going to Michigan for him would be a step backwards anyway.  Hopefully we pick him up.

He can go back to college anytime he wants. Even if he fails in the pros, he will always have that Michigan job in his back pocket (or another decent college job).

He can go back to college anytime he wants. Even if he fails in the pros, he will always have that Michigan job in his back pocket (or another decent college job).

I'll probably check out that washington too. I was hoping for a new york game. I've never been to nyc.

Talbert

I'll probably check out that washington too. I was hoping for a new york game. I've never been to nyc.

Talbert

Mini summit at the Washington game or whatever
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[h3]Panthers will take Luck if he enters draft[/h3]
January, 4, 2011
Jan 4

2:15

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- It’s turning into a very busy day here in the NFC South. I just filed a story to our news side saying that the Carolina Panthers will take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick if Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft.

I’ve also got an update coming in a few minutes on Atlanta offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey being a hot candidate for several head-coaching jobs, although Carolina does not appear to be one of them. I’ll be back with the Mularkey item in a bit.

But let’s talk a little bit about the logic behind Luck. The Panthers are hoping he decides to enter the draft, and he has until Jan. 15 to make that decision. Two team officials said they view Luck as the kind of franchise quarterback they would not be able to pass on and they wouldn’t consider trading the pick.

Although there has been speculation that Luck and Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh could be a package deal, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said earlier Tuesday that the team has not had any contact with Harbaugh. Team officials said they don’t expect any change in that situation.

well, there you go

January, 4, 2011
Jan 4

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- It’s turning into a very busy day here in the NFC South. I just filed a story to our news side saying that the Carolina Panthers will take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick if Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft.

I’ve also got an update coming in a few minutes on Atlanta offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey being a hot candidate for several head-coaching jobs, although Carolina does not appear to be one of them. I’ll be back with the Mularkey item in a bit.

But let’s talk a little bit about the logic behind Luck. The Panthers are hoping he decides to enter the draft, and he has until Jan. 15 to make that decision. Two team officials said they view Luck as the kind of franchise quarterback they would not be able to pass on and they wouldn’t consider trading the pick.

Although there has been speculation that Luck and Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh could be a package deal, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson said earlier Tuesday that the team has not had any contact with Harbaugh. Team officials said they don’t expect any change in that situation.

well, there you go

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

January, 4, 2011
Jan 4

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas

well, there you go

%#*! !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

January, 4, 2011
Jan 4

PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas

well, there you go

%#*! !!!!!!!!!

adsajgdoishafoisdjfoaisdhgoiasdjf
Only if Luck pulls an Eli.
30t6p3b.gif
Or he can channel his Stanford-ness and go Elway on them.

adsajgdoishafoisdjfoaisdhgoiasdjf
30t6p3b.gif

acidicality wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

That's about the best that we can hope for at this time.

Mini summit at the Washington game or whatever
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Sounds like a plan to me.

Back
Top Bottom