Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

As long as we dont get a QB for our 7th pick, im ok... No QB coming out is worth that pic... But if we keep Alex, Harbaugh better do something to help out and turn him into Luck
laugh.gif

Or many Harbaugh has a plan
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

ESPN's Mike Sando believes there is an actual chance the 49ers may keep Alex Smith this offseason.
According to Sando, "analysts consider the 2011 draft relatively weak at quarterback." That is certainly not a universally held belief, but it's clear there is no Sam Bradford in this year's crop of signal-callers. That fact coupled with the uncertainty surrounding the league's labor situation could make it prudent for the Niners to hold onto their former number one overall pick for at least one more season. Jan. 30 - 8:51 am et

ESPN's Mike Sando believes there is an actual chance the 49ers may keep Alex Smith this offseason.
According to Sando, "analysts consider the 2011 draft relatively weak at quarterback." That is certainly not a universally held belief, but it's clear there is no Sam Bradford in this year's crop of signal-callers. That fact coupled with the uncertainty surrounding the league's labor situation could make it prudent for the Niners to hold onto their former number one overall pick for at least one more season. Jan. 30 - 8:51 am et

harbaugh must be smoking andrews stuff
BUT WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
mad.gif
 I DIDNT CARE WHO OUR COACH WAS AND I DIDNT CARE WHO WOULD BE OUR GM, ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS THAT ALEX SMITH WOULD NOT BE NINER NEXT SEASON!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif

harbaugh must be smoking andrews stuff
BUT WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
mad.gif
 I DIDNT CARE WHO OUR COACH WAS AND I DIDNT CARE WHO WOULD BE OUR GM, ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS THAT ALEX SMITH WOULD NOT BE NINER NEXT SEASON!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif

*Prays Harbaugh is just building up his self esteem just to bring it down hard with a hammer later.*

*Prays Harbaugh is just building up his self esteem just to bring it down hard with a hammer later.*

Obviously Harbaugh isn't going to throw Alex under the bus. I think he's just leaving every option open, as someone on Chronicle Live put it last night when I watched it, it makes the 49ers not seem as desperate for a QB especially when we try to trade for one. I think it's a possibility but I would be surprised if he stuck with Alex.

Obviously Harbaugh isn't going to throw Alex under the bus. I think he's just leaving every option open, as someone on Chronicle Live put it last night when I watched it, it makes the 49ers not seem as desperate for a QB especially when we try to trade for one. I think it's a possibility but I would be surprised if he stuck with Alex.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Depending on the contract he's looking for I would not be opposed to having Alex as a backup QB

There's really no need.  Id rather have Troy as our backup. 

Depending on the contract he's looking for I would not be opposed to having Alex as a backup QB

Originally Posted by dland24

id rather have alex smith playing the CFL. away from the 49er organization as possible.

Originally Posted by dland24

id rather have alex smith playing the CFL. away from the 49er organization as possible.

Back
Top Bottom