Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

SP, more pics of Jelena. 
pimp.gif
 The young lady behind her in the pink was quite stunning as well. 
Both men's semifinals were very good, especially the Djoker/Murray match. I don't think many people expected Murray to present such a challenge in a tightly contested five-setter no less. Both players showed the ability to grind in extremely physical conditions (nearly five hours of play). As a Rafa fan, I'm hoping the Spaniard can put an end to Djokovic's streak of two majors in a row. I must say I've truly been impressed with Djoker's growth and improvement over the past 12-plus months. The Serb has convincingly supplanted himself in the same breath as current greats Rafa and Federer. His recent form has been scintillating, both with his shots and physical conditioning willing through numerous minor injuries. Although I will say that sometimes it seems if Djoker uses it to this advantage at opportune times playing "possum" a bit, if you will. I believe Murray can do the same based on his performance earlier this morning. The Scot never gave up, showing mental toughness and control over previously negative emotions. Coming back to even it at five apiece after being down 5-2 in the fifth and final set should do wonders for Murray's confidence moving forward. Hiring Ivan Lendl was a good move and additional time working together should prove further beneficial results. 

Two questions: You guys touched on mental toughness which is something I feel can't be learned or self-taught. Besides that element of Fed's game, what does everyone feel he can do to become world #1 again and experience success over Nadal and Novak? 

Secondly, who are you guys taking in the women's final? It's Azarenka's first slam final with a lot of pressure on the line for the number one ranking. The two players are 3-3 against each other and Sharapova obviously has the edge in experience. Interesting note: Maria's parents actually trace their roots back to Belarus. 

^ Quickly on the ladies final as that's in a few hours. But lemme get my earplugs out first.

I don't have anything against both girls, but guess I'd rather see Vika win her first GS. Maria obviously has the edge having won 3 already... but Vika seems to have shown some maturity over the past few months so who knows. I'd like to see Vika, but it'll probably be Maria.

I want Vika to win but I'm not going to watch that screech fest. I still think Maria is one of the most overrated players of all-time but she should win. I've actually heard both these players screech on drop shots. C'mon man!

Originally Posted by aepps20

I want Vika to win but I'm not going to watch that screech fest. I still think Maria is one of the most overrated players of all-time but she should win. I've actually heard both these players screech on drop shots. C'mon man!
Haha, they do that sometimes...
30t6p3b.gif
and
laugh.gif
at the same time...  but Maria just hit a silent-dropper! 
laugh.gif

After a shaky start by Vika, she's looked VERY impressive. Not bad for a grand slam final debut.

Only fitting that Maria loses on an error
30t6p3b.gif
Oh well, Vika's time to shine. She played her !#$ off tonight once she got settled.

Geez... that was ugly from Masha... what the hell... UE's.

But congrats to Vika. She really took it to Masha... 1st GS, a big-!!@ check and world #1!  Very impressive.
EDIT ~ Never was a fan of Hingis, but she looks great.

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

SP, more pics of Jelena. 
pimp.gif
 The young lady behind her in the pink was quite stunning as well. 

Were you referring to this girl?

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Glad Vika won. I've followed her career since the beginning and her improvement each year has been great. Just wish she didn't grunt so much though.

Predictions for tonightt?

I hope Nadal wins, but Djokovic still has a lot of momentum.

I think Nadal breaks him today and wins in 4.

^ Lol, not really IMO. The quality in that 1st set was pretty mediocre. Some good rallies mixed with some odd errors sprayed around. It's gotten better in this 2nd, but still, I'm expecting more from these guys... way more.

Damn. I loathe Nole, but going back-to-back 5 setters against the number 4 and 2 player in the world with only 1 day off is legendary.
Congrats to Rafa as well for a great tournament.

Back
Top Bottom