Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lebron isn't that rich?
he's worth like 400Ms and just signed a billion dollar shoe contract lol
and if that's all you got from the rant then you're dumber than you think bron is

$400m and $1b is an estimated $1.4b

It's not that rich man, trust me :lol: Most of the assets aren't even liquid man.

When you compare it to some other guys out there, it's just a drop in the ocean. You have NO idea what I mean.

Wealth is 99% subjective to most people. But if you've never been around certain wealth, it's almost impossible to understand it and believe someone like LeBron is "rich". Trust me, man. LeBron ain't **** compared to some of these other dudes. it's incomparable. There's a reason why he rides dudes like Warren Buffet.

Last edited:
I dont see one comment where he came at lebron wrong. gave him props all the time by saying hes great its just some stuff bron does thats kind of boderline or suspect. PLUS REMEMBER PLEASE THIS IS HIS JOB TO TALK ABOUT NBA PLAYERS. HES ON A SHOW ABOUT THE NBA AND NBA PLAYERS. Lol. But its still **** charles barkey for those dumb *** comments about BLM.

A fed-up LeBron James ripped TNT analyst Charles Barkley on Monday for his never-ending comments on James’ decisions and play.

“He’s a hater,” James said, according to ESPN.com’s Dave McMenamin after the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 104-97 loss to the Dallas Mavericks on Monday. “What makes what he says credible? Because he’s on TV?

"I'm tired of biting my tongue. There's a new sheriff in town."

Barkley had recently admonished the four-time league Most Valuable Player for publicly demanding Cleveland’s front office improve the roster mid-season after they failed to make a splash in free agency over the summer. James’ comments came after the team made a trade for renowned sharpshooter Kyle Korver.

“Inappropriate. Whiny. All of the above,” Barkley, a Hall of Famer and former 11-time NBA All-Star, said of James last week. “The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They have the highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him. ... They brought in Kyle Korver. He's the best player in the world. Does he want all of the good players? He don't want to compete? He is an amazing player. They're the defending champs."

James, tired of Chuck’s years’ worth of comments, unleashed:

"I'm not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that," James said, via ESPN. "I'm not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, 'I'm not a role model.' I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying.

"All I've done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that."
It wasn’t the first time Barkley took a small jab at LeBron’s legacy. In fact, it’s been a constant.

Over the summer, Chuck told HBO’s Bill Simmons he felt James would never eclipse Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, or Wilt Chamberlain to become one of the top five players in NBA history. On ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike show, he didn’t have the three-time NBA champion in his top seven players of all time.

Those comments came years after he called LeBron’s 2010 decision to leave Cleveland for the Miami Heat a “punk move.”Fast forward a few years and James has finally had enough of Barkley’s banter.
Charles Barkley has a history of riding James
In 2008, two years before LeBron announced his decision:

“If I was LeBron James, I would shut the hell up. I’m a big LeBron fan, he’s a stud. You gotta give him his props. But I’m getting so annoyed that he talks about what he’s going to do in two years,” Barkley said on The Dan Patrick Show. “I work for TNT. What if I keep saying every week, ‘I can’t wait to go to ESPN in two years.’ I just think that’s disrespectful. ... For him to talk about where he’s going in two years, I think it’s disrespectful to the game and I think it’s disrespectful to the Cleveland Cavaliers. It pisses me off every time I see it.”

James responded: “He's stupid. That's all I've got to say about that."
When Cleveland fell to the Warriors in six games in the 2015 Finals:

"They went six games, but you've got two guys that are all-stars that are missing," Barkley said of the Cavaliers to Sports Talk Live. "The series went six games but LeBron ran out of gas. First of all, some of those guys they had out there were just in the way. LeBron just flatout ran out of gas. You put two guys that are also all-stars on that team, and the Warriors still might've won. I would've picked the Cavs if everybody was healthy.

"LeBron should call this Trainwreck 2 'cause the Finals was Trainwreck 1."
When LeBron stepped over Draymond Green during the 2016 NBA Finals:

“You’re supposed to pop him in his junk if he steps over you like that,” Barkley said to Sirius XM Radio’s Howard Beck and Noah Coslov on NBA Sunday Tip. “That’s a perfectly fine response if a guy does that.

“I gave Draymond a compliment. I said, ‘You could have played in our day.’ Because when a guy steps over you, you have a moral obligation to punch him … You have a moral obligation. Because that’s really disrespectful to step over a guy.”
On LeBron comparing himself to Jordan in August:

“I don’t know how he just passes Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan,” Barkley said according to CBS Philly. “If he win a couple more championships, yeah he’s in that conversation, but that’s a long way to go.”

@carmeloanthony 1h1 hour ago
Running away from things you find unpleasant causes suffering. But facing and challenging such situations will enrich your life. #StayMelo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I love when melo does this goofy **** on social media man.

It's not that rich man, trust me :lol:

When you compare it to some other guys out there, it's just a drop in the ocean. You have NO idea what I mean.

So what do you mean, because you've seen bigger accounts that doesn't qualify as rich anymore?

Last edited:
1.4 billion? pssssst.

get your money up bron. that's just a drop in the ocean. you ain't getting that bill gates money.

lebron isn't that rich?
he's worth like 400Ms and just signed a billion dollar shoe contract lol
and if that's all you got from the rant then you're dumber than you think bron is

It's not that rich man, trust me :lol:

agreed. that's rich. Hell, even black man wealthy. But white wealthy, unfortunately, is a WHOLE different ball game. White wealthy, you can influence elections and socio-economics yourself.

Not even sure if 1.4 gets you into the Forbes 400. It may now that Theranos fell off a cliff. But the ultra mega rich have 50+ billy.

"LeBron should call this Trainwreck 2 'cause the Finals was Trainwreck 1."
When LeBron stepped over Draymond Green during the 2016 NBA Finals:

[/B]

If the Cavs would have lost, THIS would have been HILARIOUS!! lmaoooo!
:rofl:

agreed. that's rich. Hell, even black man wealthy. But white wealthy, unfortunately, is a WHOLE different ball game. White wealthy, you can influence elections and socio-economics yourself.

Not even sure if 1.4 gets you into the Forbes 400. It may now that Theranos fell off a cliff. But the ultra mega rich have 50+ billy.

Finally, someone who gets it :lol:

I do agree that it all comes down to how liquid your assets are. But, I do think Lebron is still considered rich/wealthy for his occupation and as a black man in America.

Maybe he does eventually reach true "wealth" status in another 15-20 years once his career is over with. He's still just 32 years old :lol: He's not Mark Zuckerberg, but he'll have to start putting more time into other investments instead of basketball to get to that level.

Last edited:
and thats how you know bron is a woman. pent up anger and buried feelings til you explode when its that tie of the month.

bruh was probably just filing feelings away, waiting for his moment,

then one day the reporter says:

'so bron, how are you'

'Fine'

'Great so about yo....'

'I just think it's funny how...'

what was kobe doing when he went to jim gray and *****ed about shaq and phil back in 03? 
Bryant privately warned Jackson, "If [O'Neal] starts saying [unreasonable] things in the press, I'll fire back ... I've had it."

sure sounds like pent up anger to me. 

i guess alot of our superstars are ******* 

:lol: :lol:

Not sure how you compare a first generation billionaire to the wealth acquired over generations.

But 1.4 B ain't nothing

We're not talking about the semantics here, man. Why does NT always have to bring up some sort of caveat?

Like I said, before. His wealth isn't considered real wealth to some people. It's all subjective. As you emphatically stated several times, $1.4 b ain't rich".

But the reality of the situation is, he can't sit at the table with certain individuals out there. And if he does, it's purely for a novelty act. As sad or messed up as it may seem. That's just the reality of the situation.

I do agree that it all comes down to how liquid your assets are. But, I do think Lebron is still considered rich/wealthy for his occupation and as a black man in America.

Maybe he does eventually reach true "wealth" status in another 15-20 years once his career is over with. He's still just 32 years old :lol:

BINGO

bro it's still rich lol
you said he wasn't rich enough to talk about people like barkley about money when he is in fact

Maybe to you, it's rich. And that's fine.

I never once said he can't about Barkely and money because he isn't rich. I said he shouldn't do it, because it's not in good taste. Big difference my man.

Maybe he does eventually reach true "wealth" status in another 15-20 years once his career is over with. He's still just 32 years old
laugh.gif
only on here will somebody try to explain why being a billionaire "isn't that rich". 32 year old athlete and we gotta go find tycoons to compare him to in order to justify why he isn't "that rich". 

sure you can name all of these ************* with mega billions but the list of ************* on this planet that are billionaires is MUCH smaller than the list of people who aren't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom