Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? if there is footage and numbers to back, how is it any different? There are kids today that didn't see the 81 point game live, but they can watch the whole thing on YT and know exactly what I know. We can look at Wilt's old games and look at the stat sheets and have a pretty great understanding of his dominance.

The only thing we'll be missing is the emotional connection of the times. Which is typically what guys are stuck on when they argue that their era is better. That emotional connection. How so and so made them feel.
because following nba seasons and going back and looking at highlights and stats sheets, you can't really grasp it as much as when you following a whole nba season. Sorry but I don't want to hear 15 years old tell me about Kobe because they saw highlights. I want to hear from people who witnessed it. Same with people talking about magic or {insert old nba player}. I want to hear about magic from people who witnessed him and followed the NBA back then. Not 23 years Olds.

At least most West teams were consistently good/above average. Clippers have been in the playoffs since 2012, Memphis as well. Mean while, the Hawks peaked for one year and were afterthoughts. Brooklyn disappeared off the face of the Earth. Pacers were legit only in 2013 and 2014. Toronto has a chance to not be an afterthought, only if their back court doesn't collapse.

The point is, it's always a revolving door in the east, non Lebron teams peak for like 2 years max then disappear.

Meanwhile, Teams like the Lakers (2008-2012), OKC (2011-2016), Clippers (2012-2015), MEM (2011-2015), Spurs ( pretty much the whole time), and GSW (2013-now) had all been consistently competitive for a good number of years. Houston looks like its here to stay too. The east is all one hit wonders.

Last edited:
How so? if there is footage and numbers to back, how is it any different? There are kids today that didn't see the 81 point game live, but they can watch the whole thing on YT and know exactly what I know. We can look at Wilt's old games and look at the stat sheets and have a pretty great understanding of his dominance.

The only thing we'll be missing is the emotional connection of the times. Which is typically what guys are stuck on when they argue that their era is better. That emotional connection. How so and so made them feel.
because following nba seasons and going back and looking at highlights and stats sheets, you can't really grasp it as much as when you following a whole nba season. Sorry but I don't want to hear 15 years old tell me about Kobe because they saw highlights. I want to hear from people who witnessed it. Same with people talking about magic or {insert old nba player}. I want to hear about magic from people who witnessed him and followed the NBA back then. Not 23 years Olds.

but here's the thing, that's how history works. Word of mouth through younger generations. Imagine how much information would be lost if only the people that lived through stuff spoke about it..

Lol The Cavs and Warriors are the only "contenders"

What good is the phrase "Contender" when we already know who's going to come out of the eastern and western conference.

"Contender" Yeah aight
laugh.gif

Of course you'd say that. We've already beaten the Celtics and Cavs. Washington has a better team then Cleveland. Cleveland has the best player. If you make it to the Finals your a contender.

Has Washington made it to the Finals? At any point in the last couple seasons? No and no. They are not contenders.

At least most West teams were consistently good/above average. Clippers have been in the playoffs since 2012, Memphis as well. Mean while, the Hawks peaked for one year and were afterthoughts. Brooklyn disappeared off the face of the Earth. Pacers were legit only in 2013 and 2014. Toronto has a chance to not be an afterthought, only if their back court doesn't collapse.

The point is, it's always a revolving door in the east, non Lebron teams peak for like 2 years max then disappear.

Meanwhile, Teams like the Lakers (2008-2012), OKC (2011-2016), Clippers (2012-2015), MEM (2011-2015), Spurs ( pretty much the whole time), and GSW (2013-now) had all been consistently competitive for a good number of years. Houston looks like its here to stay too. The east is all one hit wonders.
Solid point

Of course you'd say that. We've already beaten the Celtics and Cavs. Washington has a better team then Cleveland. Cleveland has the best player. If you make it to the Finals your a contender.

Has Washington made it to the Finals? At any point in the last couple seasons? No and no. They are not contenders.

What makes a contender? They've been one of the best teams in the NBA since January. They have a legit chance to come out of the East this year. If that doesn't make a team a contender, I'd love to hear your criteria.

What does that have to do with anything? We have a legit chance right now. That makes us a contender.

What good is the phrase "Contender" when we already know who's going to come out of the eastern and western conference.

"Contender" Yeah aight :lol:

If the Cavs and Warriors make it back to the Finals again I don't wanna hear any NFL hate from this thread. 82 games and 3 rounds of playoffs that mean absolutely nothing.

NFL > NBA

Washington doesn't have a legit chance to make the finals. Stop it.

"Contender" Yeah aight
laugh.gif
I'd put the Spurs on there too just cuz they're the ******* Spurs. They'll be scary when my grandkids have grandkids.

The collector aside, they check off a lot of boxes

Guards, depth, shooting. They could rebound better.

I just think the Cavs are vulnerable

Rebounding is our weakness and we out rebounded the Cavs by 8 last Saturday.

Cavs have legit issues but everyone is still picking them off the strength of LeBron. I get it.

I'd put the Spurs on there too just cuz they're the ******* Spurs. They'll be scary when my grandkids have grandkids.
Partly true lol

But can't nobody beat a healthy gsw 4 times in 7 games so it really doesn't matter who you throw in as "contenders"

and the cavs looking sick right now but they'll still make it out the east if healthy. The Lebron + Kyrie factor in a 7 game series is too much to overcome

Partly true lol

But can't nobody beat a healthy gsw 4 times in 7 games so it really doesn't matter who you throw in as "contenders"

and the cavs looking sick right now but they'll still make it out the east if healthy. The Lebron + Kyrie factor in a 7 game series is too much to overcome

I want to see how "healthy" KD is when he returns. But I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom