Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what the hell is happening in here right now

We got simultaneous convos going on about baggy clothes, "blame" in basketball, Russell Westbrook,

What a time

nuggetsgame5_627.jpg

cant be really bro lmaooo. son walkin round with a voodoo shrunken head

. And therefore the stars of said sport benefit more than anyone with recognition, financially, and accolades yet the 'negative' stuff that comes with it (media scrutiny or fan judgments) should be eliminated?
Also, THIS has to stop as well. This is a big part of the problem. Stop elevating star players above the team. It creates a younger generation of selfish basketball players that only look for their own numbers.

Like Ceballos mentioned in the resting thread, the TEAM needs to be promoted more than the PLAYER

So what do you want to do about it? Basketball promotes individuals by far the most of any of the team sports. And therefore the stars of said sport benefit more than anyone with recognition, financially, and accolades yet the 'negative' stuff that comes with it (media scrutiny or fan judgments) should be eliminated?
What would I like to see, I would like to see actual reasons/discussions as to why teams win/lose.

Technical breakdowns. Position by Position analysis. Not the typical, "Star Player vs. Star Player" stats and blame the star player of the losing team narrative that we get.

but that might be too "technical" for the average sports fan to intake. But maybe not, because I think the average NBA fans is more educated than the NBA fan of the past.
Damn you got a good point though but that ****'s boring pro

. And therefore the stars of said sport benefit more than anyone with recognition, financially, and accolades yet the 'negative' stuff that comes with it (media scrutiny or fan judgments) should be eliminated?
Also, THIS has to stop as well. This is a big part of the problem. Stop elevating star players above the team. It creates a younger generation of selfish basketball players that only look for their own numbers.

Like Ceballos mentioned in the resting thread, the TEAM needs to be promoted more than the PLAYER
That don't sell jerseys sucka, dis a business!!!!! But you bring up really great points though. +1

Damn you got a good point though but that ****'s boring pro
That don't sell jerseys sucka, dis a business!!!!! But you bring up really great points though. +1
I know. It is boring to actually explain why someone won/loss vs. Playing the Blame Game. The blame game is simple and to the point. It gives people reason to keep Star players names in their mouths (Pause).

Technical basketball isn't for everyone but I also believe, fans will take whatever you give them. If there was a turn toward actual basketball discussion and not the blame game, fans would follow the lead and provide better arguments than some damn CP0. :rolleyes

I know. It is boring to actually explain why someone won/loss vs. Playing the Blame Game. The blame game is simple and to the point. It gives people reason to keep Star players names in their mouths (Pause).

Technical basketball isn't for everyone but I also believe, fans will take whatever you give them. If there was a turn toward actual basketball discussion and not the blame game, fans would follow the lead and provide better arguments than some damn CP0. :rolleyes

Shhh

You're making too much sense.

I think basketball has done just fine becoming the global brand it has by promoting Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Bron, and now Steph. There's a few brand name teams and franchises that have global appeal chiefly the Lakers, but nobody should care about the Bucks outside of Giannis, Houston outside of Harden or OKC outside of Russ.

The NBA should keep doing what it's doing. It's got the game in the best place it's ever been from a business standpoint. At the end of the day it's an entertainment business as much as it is a technical game. One is easier to digest.

Last edited:
I think basketball has done just fine becoming the global brand it has by promoting Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Bron, and now Steph. There's a few brand name teams and franchises that have global appeal chiefly the Lakers, but nobody should care about the Bucks outside of Giannis, Houston outside of Harden or OKC outside of Russ.

The NBA should keep doing what it's doing. It's got the game in the best place it's ever been from a business standpoint.
Every hear of treating a girl right before you get her and then showing your true colors?

Why can't the NBA do the same? They got the attention of the world by promoting individuals. Turn the dial down a little, promote the teams a little more. Promote a more technical style of coverage with your product. Do you think that would cause a drop in popularity? Who knows.

But you are taking the discussion to the financial side and I don't think that is where this discussion was based on. So if you want to take it THERE, sure, "What isn't broke, don't fix." But that doesn't mean things can't be altered.

The NBA should keep doing what it's doing. It's got the game in the best place it's ever been from a business standpoint.
Every hear of treating a girl right before you get her and then showing your true colors?

Why can't the NBA do the same? They got the attention of the world by promoting individuals. Turn the dial down a little, promote the teams a little more. Promote a more technical style of coverage with your product. Do you think that would cause a drop in popularity? Who knows.

But you are taking the discussion to the financial side and I don't think that is where this discussion was based on. So if you want to take it THERE, sure, "What isn't broke, don't fix." But that doesn't mean things can't be altered.
Same reason why Apple keeps making iphones with glass screens and people keep breaking them. They don't give a **** b

Last edited:
One there aren't enough great teams to promote. You got the Warriors, Cavs and maybe the Spurs. I don't know if I want to be promoting jacking up 3s. And at the basic level most casual fans are fans of the game in general before fans of a specific team. Therefore it's easier to be impressed by the feats of the individual than a team game. It's hustling backwards if they try to do that at this point.

Last edited:
Curry = 3 straight 60 win seasons.
Wall = career year finishing 3rd in the east. Might end up losing in the first round

Its a team Sport. You are ignoring that the warriors have the strongest roster for 3 years. One outstanding player cannot lead to so many wins. Even not Wilt or MJ who were Scoring Machines.

#TBT

View media item 2385910
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom