Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question posed was

"Does russ make his teammates better?"

Does everything have to come back to John Wall man damn :lol:

Every chance I get to prove my point why Wall is the best PG in the game I'm taking the opportunity.

When I bring up raw stats vs Curry I get bashed for it. Yet all raw stats is what people use to proclaim Russ > Wall. I'm also highlighting the inconsistency in this thread and goal post moving.

Every chance I get to prove my point why Wall is the best PG in the game I'm taking the opportunity.

When I bring up raw stats vs Curry I get bashed for it. Yet all raw stats is what people use to proclaim Russ > Wall. I'm also highlighting the inconsistency in this thread and goal post moving.
Lmaooo

I feel that. More power to you G.

This narrative that the Thunder roster is so AWFUL is really really annoying and very much false

Beal, Morris, Gortat don't count? They can get their own. How do you think Roberson, Sabonis, Abrines, get the little offense they do contribute? Adams to a lesser extent he does have a few post moves.

Last edited:

Context? 

insanely inflated rebounds
extremely high usage rate
that waters down the triple double
harden is averaging 2 less rebounds on greater efficiency and his team doesn't engineer rebounds for him.
Man you didn't get a triple double if you add up all 4 of your Highschool years.

That man is playing against the VERY best in the World. 

I don't care How much he pads, There isn't that much padding in the World......he doing it against the BEST IN THE WORLD!

His team may be letting him "steal" rebounds but what about the 5 opponents he is crushing....are they letting him cook, or trying to stop him night in and out?

start all over should have been my post

1 Russ on OKC vs 5  guys on ______ and he padded a whole years worth of Triple Doubles, the competition ought to be contracted, the whole lot of them, all 29.

Last edited:
Beal, Morris, Gortat don't count? They can get their own. How do you think Roberson, Sabonis, Abrines, get the little offense they do contribute? Adams to a lesser extent he does have a few post moves.

I know Washington has better players. I'll give Russ another season or two to prove he can make guys better. His style of play doesn't seem to indicate he can or will though.

You know John Wall has made his teammates so much better that he averaging a whopping .4 assists per game more than Russ with far more talented offensive players at his disposal.

His style of play won't change. He was a nut with KD there, now he's even more of a nut.

Not tryna take away from his greatness, but triple doubles or not, that type of play from your "point guard" wont get you anywhere.

Cant wait for the playoffs. Dude's gonna attempt 30 shots a game minimum. Thats the direction his career his headed. No other all star would want to play with him. People are just blinded by his video game numbers that they fail to see that his style of play is a ticking time bomb. More of a curse than a blessing.

Last edited:
His style of play won't change. He was a nut with KD there, now he's even more of a nut.

Not tryna take away from his greatness, but triple doubles or not, that type of play from your "point guard" wont get you anywhere.
Except to the FInals, to the WCF and deep into the playoffs every year.

29 Teams strive to reach this  anywhere place you speak of.

You know John Wall has made his teammates so much better that he averaging a whopping .4 assists per game more than Russ with far more talented offensive players at his disposal.

Did you see the names of the guys I mentioned he made relevant? Gooden was out of the league but contributed two seasons in Washington. Ariza fell off after Houston but got his groove back in DC. So much so Houston signed him back. Jason Smith is having his best season shooting. Humphries became a respectable 3 point shooter in Washington. Otto 1st or 2nd in 3 point percentage all season.

You don't believe those guys are all better then everyone on OKC currently do you?

Last edited:
Assists alone don't tell the whole story.  Everyone should know Wall's a better playmaker as is.

Except to the FInals, to the WCF and deep into the playoffs every year.

29 Teams strive to reach this  anywhere place you speak of.
Harden had more to do with them getting to the Finals than Westbrook.

Man you didn't get a triple double if you add up all 4 of your Highschool years.

That man is playing against the VERY best in the World. 
I don't care How much he pads, There isn't that much padding in the World......he doing it against the BEST IN THE WORLD!

His team may be letting him "steal" rebounds but what about the 5 opponents he is crushing....are they letting him cook, or trying to stop him night in and out?

start all over should have been my post
stopped reading after the first sentence.
you're way too sensitive.

dudes really arguing that wall isn't a better playmaker than russ simply off raw assists [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ariza averaged 11 points in NO, 12 in WAS. Gooden out of the league? Dude was averaging 11 & 6 in MIL the 3 seasons before he got to WAS where he's been diminished to 5 & 4 a game. Jason Smith is only averaging 0.9 3pt attempts a game in Washington and 4 shots a game overall. Kris Humphries shot the same % after Washington as he did with them and again dude took 2 a game. That's not worth noting at all.

Wade was mad at Felecio for ruining his Triple DOuble?

No wonder the Bulls were a mess this year. Wade gave him the side eye then called him out in the Post Game interview.

Ariza averaged 11 points in NO, 12 in WAS. Gooden out of the league? Dude was averaging 11 & 6 in MIL the 3 seasons before he got to WAS where he's been diminished to 5 & 4 a game. Jason Smith is only averaging 0.9 3pt attempts a game in Washington and 4 shots a game overall. Kris Humphries shot the same % after Washington as he did with them and again dude took 2 a game. That's not worth noting at all.

So what you're saying is that the centrifugal force of Walls gravitational pull isn't as strong as the collector thinks?

And I'm not arguing Russ is better playmaker than Wall at all. But this notion that Russ doesn't make his teammates better is absurd. Half the dudes on OKC are literally a liability on the offensive floor and depend on Russ to get them looks. Cause they can't do **** by themselves.

All the players on the Thunder would have the exact same production without Russ on that team.

Kanter? Same player he's always been
Oladipo? Same player in Orlando
Adams? Same player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom