Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest factor in MVP is narrative

There's no bigger narrative this year alongside locking up a playoff spot and still fighting for 5th/4th

Not to mention the culture we're in now. Recipe is all there for Russ

Last edited:
I don't think it's locked up but as the days pass by the Russ support is getting louder and louder. Everyone who I listen to on pods is picking him now. Not even trying to mince words about it.

Even I'm starting to wonder what's gonna happen and I had the guy finishing fourth for the longest time.
Tried to tell you man. "He has NO chance" were your words correct?
That you did.

I still don't think he should win but everyone is starting to say all the stuff you've been saying all season.

I said he has no chance and would finish fourth. Idk how to quantify it in terms of votes but he should finish a considerable amount of points away from one and two imo.

Biggest factor in MVP is narrative

There's no bigger narrative this year alongside locking up a playoff spot and still fighting for 5th/4th

Not to mention the culture we're in now. Recipe is all there for Russ
Lost in all this is the narrative that the Rockets were projected to miss the playoffs and the Thunder were like top 10-12 in every pre season ladder

Lost in all this is the narrative that the Rockets were projected to miss the playoffs and the Thunder were like top 10-12 in every pre season ladder
Yeah that narrative pales in comparison to Russ'... people aint even remember Rockets pre-season expectations, not to mention OKC's expectations were also low with KD leaving

Who projected the Rockets to miss the playoffs? And most had the Thunder missing it. We knew Russ's usage and stats would be historic but most didn't expect it to lead to much winning

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Who predicted the thunder who are the 3rd youngest team in the league to make the playoffs

Yeah that narrative pales in comparison to Russ'... people aint even remember Rockets pre-season expectations, not to mention OKC's expectations were also low with KD leaving
This plus the historic aspect which everyone except me and a select few others were factoring in. It's a match made in heaven. The conditions are just perfect. 

Most of the publications did have Houston behind OKC, but it was like a 4 or less game difference. Interestingly enough though, those  most of those same writers had Westbrook or Bron as the favorite for MVP preseason. So there could also be some confirmation bias at play here when the votes start. 

Amazing how many people are blinded by this stat hunting triple double nonsense. Front office must have gave the players an ultimatum to be in on this foolishness.

The Bulls let this happen:

Kyle O'Quinn joins Jusuf Nurkic and Kevin Durant as only players to record at least 8 PTS, 10 REB, 5 BLK & 5 AST in a game this season.

:smh: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom