Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
every eastern conference playoff team fans not named the cavs must feel like us lakers fans

no chance in hell of a title and no chance in hell of a draft pick

beltics have the Nets pick this year...

but you right. no chance in hell of a title for any of em.

Why can't Kawhi be mvp?

Cause he has no pizzazz.

tim-duncan-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-presidentceo-of-holt-companies-picture-id522663

Last edited:
Why can't Kawhi be mvp?
He will probably get more votes than Wesbrook, if we're going by the fact that there was never an MVP from a team that was lower than a 3rd seed since the media started voting for the award in 1980-81. And a 3rd seed winning it only happened 3 times - 1981, 1982 and 1988. Thunder will probably finish 6th seed, 5th seed if they're lucky and things work out for them. And it's impossible for them to get to the magical 50 win mark as well, that people were constantly referring to throughout the season, saying "If they win 50, give it to Russ".

Aren't the cavs barely a 500 team since like February? He shouldn't be in the running. Neither should Russ really but we'll see what happens

How should a man legit averaging a triple double over an entire season on a playoff squad not even be in the running? That's just goofy as hell :lol:

Last edited:
Was Oscar in the running when he did it? There's a pretty clear criteria that's​ been in place forever. For it to all of a sudden change this year would be something

Last edited:
I'm just going off the way things have traditionally been done. Do I think Russ deserves it? Sure. But there's been plenty of players that had historic seasons and didn't sniff the award so why should Russ be any different?

How should a man legit averaging a triple double over an entire season on a playoff squad not even be in the running? That's just goofy as hell :lol:

Cause ninjas on here are dumb.

Are you arguing that Russ' season transcends the precedent of the NBA MVP since 1980? If Russ gets this, I hope you cape as hard for them to re-open the voting for the 2005-2006 season because that is a similar situation and it's for your boy.

I'm surprised you guys haven't posted the clip of Russ trying to miss his last FT so he could grab the 10th rebound, yet.

Was Oscar in the running when he did it? There's a pretty clear criteria that's​ been in place forever. For it to all of a sudden change this year would be something

He won it when he was .1 rebounds off from averaging another triple double season

If Russ do get it, they bet not use that criteria ever again. Just make it most outstanding player from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom