Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Oscar in the running when he did it? There's a pretty clear criteria that's​ been in place forever. For it to all of a sudden change this year would be something

If Russ do get it, they bet not use that criteria ever again. Just make it most outstanding player from here on.

I've been on board for this from the jump,same reason why I thought Harden should've gotten it 2 seasons ago

Last edited:
Are you arguing that Russ' season transcends the precedent of the NBA MVP since 1980? If Russ gets this, I hope you cape as hard for them to re-open the voting for the 2005-2006 season because that is a similar situation and it's for your boy.

Not really but ok. Kobe didn't have as big of a case as Russ does, even though the award should have been his. There have been several guys that have put up 35+ a game in NBA history. Only 1 other person who's averaged a triple double.

Are you arguing that Russ' season transcends the precedent of the NBA MVP since 1980? If Russ gets this, I hope you cape as hard for them to re-open the voting for the 2005-2006 season because that is a similar situation and it's for your boy.

Not really but ok. Kobe didn't have as big of a case as Russ does, even though the award should have been his. There have been several guys that have put up 35+ a game in NBA history. Only 1 other person who's averaged a triple double.

So you're caping harder for Russ than Kobe? Would you be willing to bet your username and change it to "BRODIE MVP" if he loses?

I've been on board for this from the get go :lol:,same reason why I thought Harden should've got it 2 seasons ago

That's the reason Im hoping Kawhi gets it. At least the voting will be consistent. If they move the goal post on harden 3 years in a row that would be pretty ****** up.

The argument that because Oscar didn't win it during his triple double season doesn't hold as much water as you'd think since it was also the season Oscar averaged the triple double was the same year Wilt dropped 100 and averaged 50 points and 25 while Russell averaged 20 and 23 on better squads...

Last edited:
Was Oscar in the running when he did it? There's a pretty clear criteria that's​ been in place forever. For it to all of a sudden change this year would be something

He won it when he was .1 rebounds off from averaging another triple double season
He didn't get it when he avg a triple double though

Therefore avg a triple double doesn't automatically qualify you for MVP

Russ will win the scoring title, good enough

Last edited:
Y'all bringing up a time when there was 8 or 9 teams and the damn players voted on the award.

News flash what happened in 1962 or in 2016 has ZERO bearing on what will happen this season.

Last edited:
If what y'all saying were true and team record doesn't matter

Steve Nash would not be 2x mvp

The argument that because Oscar didn't win it during his triple double season doesn't hold as much water as you'd think since it was also the season Oscar averaged the triple double was the same year Wilt dropped 100 and averaged 50 points and 25 while Russell averaged 20 and 23 on better squads...

So you're saying players having good years on better teams should win mvp?

So you're saying players having good years on better teams should win mvp?

I'm saying players having otherworldly stat lines on great teams are exceptions :lol:

I'll say it again,50 and 25 and 19 and 24....

Last edited:
Never seen ***** ride this hard for someone to get MVP :lol:

It's almost like y'all know Russ don't deserve it.....and if he don't get it now, he never will.

Kawhi and Harden >>> StatHunterBrook

Stop right there. You can't base this years race on past MVP races.

Umm..Why can't you? Why should the standards just change all of a sudden when they've been the same for this long?

That was the 60's dawg. On top of that different years different players. Every MVP race in every year ain't the same. Nash wouldn't have won 2 MVP's if that was prime Shaq or Kobe had Gasol those years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom