Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going off the way things have traditionally been done. Do I think Russ deserves it? Sure. But there's been plenty of players that had historic seasons and didn't sniff the award so why should Russ be any different?

He's in the playoffs, his team sucks, leads the league in scoring and averaging a triple double, his team sucks.

I'd honestly give the vote to kawhi before harden or Westbrook because he's my MVP

We all should be able to admit his rebounds are inflated. So with that in mind does his season really have the same luster without the shiny 'triple double' tag attached? Because that seems to be everybody's reasoning in favor of him. And again I'd probably vote for him if there wasn't already an established criteria

Last edited:
How should a man legit averaging a triple double over an entire season on a playoff squad not even be in the running? That's just goofy as hell
laugh.gif
The fact that he's averaging a triple double cannot be argued. How legit it is definitely can be though. He has the highest average of uncontested defensive rebounds in the league while having the lowest contested percentage of contested defensive rebounds.

I'm not saying that it's not legit, as in not legal and shouldn't count. Just like how David Robinson's and Devin Booker's 70 point games were legit 70 point games on the box score, but in reality were manufactured.

There is no doubt in my mind that prime Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd could've had several triple double averaging seasons if the main goal of their teams was for them to average a triple double.

Yes it does he's going to do something that nobody thought would ever be possible while breaking Oscar's season record, while also leading the league in scoring. Why you think the rumblings have turned to shouts all of a sudden as it becomes inevitable that he's going to accomplish this?

Last edited:
Russell Westbrook is the casual NBA fan vote

But purest know it's kawhi or harden

Too bad KD got injured and couldn't make things more interesting

Last edited:

agreed, i will be pissed if russ wins it. they need to change how its done from now on if he wins it . a 6th seed should never be in the running for mvp. dont care what they average. his uncontested rebounds arent impressive. he should guard his man instead of staying by the bucket to get rebounds and that would be more impressive to me.

well see. i dont want to hear any crying if he doesnt win it.

Last edited:

Only people who doesn't have Russ 1 or 2 at worst is the contingent on here. Kawhi ain't even in the race.

Last edited:
He's averaging a triple double or he's averaging a double double and his team enables him to pad his rebounds don't have the same ring to it. But one of these is closer to the truth. Yall are basically voting for him because of a catch phrase

Last edited:
Never seen ***** ride this hard for someone to get MVP
laugh.gif

It's almost like y'all know Russ don't deserve it.....and if he don't get it now, he never will.

Kawhi and Harden >>> StatHunterBrook
There is a crew that capes for him to get it.

There is a crew that capes for him not to get it.

You are on the not get it crew.

Neither capes harder than the other, so you throw stones if you want, just know you are on the other side of that rock.

How are you guys not tired of debating this same **** every day :lol:
At this point I'm just waiting to see who wins

Only on NT Is 32 10 10 in 34 mpg considered inflated or overrated

When was the last time someone averaged more than 32ppg? Even that doesn't happen every year. His team has no shooters and his coach insists on playing bums

How are you guys not tired of debating this same **** every day
laugh.gif

At this point I'm just waiting to see who wins
j​une 26 is a long as time. wish it was done like they do it every year. i wonder if its going to take into account playoff performances since its going to be after the finals

Last edited:

There is a crew that capes for him to get it.

There is a crew that capes for him not to get it.

You are on the not get it crew.

Neither capes harder than the other, so you throw stones if you want, just know you are on the other side of that rock.
Truth

j​une 26 is a long as time. wish it was done like they do it every year. i wonder if its going to take into account playoff performaces since its going to be after the finals

Votes are due before the playoffs like always. Somebody is going to leak it or unofficially do a tally.

Only people who doesn't have Russ 1 or 2 at worst is the contingent on here. Kawhi ain't even in the race.
The best player on a 60-18 team is not in the race? Who is also a top 10 scorer in the league?

Like I said, if Rose has an MVP, Kawhi should too.

IMO

1. Harden
2. Kawhi
3. Westbrook

Last edited:

You know damn well as deserving as kawhi is, most of the votes that should go to him will probably go to harden. I feel like people have kawhi too 2-3 but none will vote for him to win which IMO for the last few months it should be him.

I wouldn't be mad if Westbrook won tho. What he's doing is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom