Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi "playing with 2 All Stars"?

Man what? :lol:

I said AS caliber players, considering one was an AS last year & the other was a multiple time AS heading into SA and still has an almost identical game... yes that would be to AS caliber players. The spurs diminish everyones roles in place of team ball so obviously the numbers dipped for both but they aren't too far talent wise from being All stars.

In an Era where teams can trout out 4 AS on one team i know we get spoiled but he has A lot of talent around him compared to the rest of the league, and is in a system that once again hasn't won less than 54 games in 15/17 seasons. It's safe to say that Pop coaching adds a lot to those squads.

Last edited:

Zbo been doing it for year...
zbolive-feat.jpg

Russ this year

#1 in scoring, almost 32 a game

#3 in assists, 10.4 a game

#8 in rebounds, 10.7 a game

#1 in Triple Doubles, HALF the games he's played this year.

#1 in PER, 3 full points ahead of the next guy

#1 in VORP, 3.5 ahead of the next guy

#18 in Minutes per game, less than both Bron and Harden

#10 in Steals

#9 in O win shares

#7 in D win shares

#1 in Box plus/minus

#1 in Offensive Box +/-

#2 in Defensive Box +/-

#1 in Assist %

#1 in total points

#3 in total assists (1 behind Wall)

#8 in total rebounds

#6 in total steals

32, 10.4, 10.7, 1.7 steals, 41 Triple Doubles in 78 games, PER just a shade under 31, in 34 minutes a night, playing every single night, with a team that lost one of the 2 best players in the NBA and Serge Ibaka, and he still gets them to 47-48 wins.

If he's not the most valuable player to his team, I mean......

I won't be mad if they give it to Harden, he fits what the league "always does" in terms of stats + record, but in sheer value, Russ is ahead of every player in the NBA this year. By a pretty wide margin.

I mean you could make a case for some player like this every year as far as "Sheer Value" to a team. Who was more valuable to their team than Anthony Davis the year they made the playoffs?

The fact of the matter is, with all that you mentioned, they are the 6th seed. If he's averaging 9.2 rebs instead of 10. whatever it is, this isn't even a discussion. The only reason why a player on the 6th seeded team is in the convo is because he's averaging a 30 pt loaded triple double. Hell, he has over 25 more "Free Throw Rebounds" than anyone else in the league right now. You take those away then Boom, no triple double and the convo is over.

I'm not trying to trivialize what russ is doing. On the contrary, it's fascinating. But when harden is at about 30/8/11 on a 55 win team, it makes no sense to give the award to someone posting a similar line for the 6th seeded team.

THEY, are the 6th seed. As in, team. The OKC team, is the 6th seed, not Russ.

You just based your candidacy for Harden on bein on a 55 win team. Again, team.

People ***** and whine about TEAMS win Rings, but they're ok with giving out MVP's for teams? Why? :lol:

30/8/11 PER 27.38
32/10.5/10.7 PER 30.84 (in 2 fewer minutes a game)

Harden is the MVP, cuz his team has 6-7 more wins than OKC does? That somehow makes sense to you?

*shrugs*

I'm totally fine if Harden wins it, hell, I think he's going to win it, because of the old adage, that's the way they always do it. It's wrong, imo, but it is what it is. I think Russ should win, but I think Harden will win. But winning because the team won a few more games, then maybe Durant should be the MVP, he has a higher PER than Harden and 10 more wins. No biggie he sat out 20 games, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom