Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Co MVP won't happen. The numbers don't really allow for a high probability of a tie unlike Rookie of the year.

If there's a tie my mind is automatically going towards a conspiracy.

I won't be mad if Westbrook wins. It's not that deep to me.

Last edited:
C8vxYzoXsAAvMFV.jpg

"I did call him an assh*le, because he is an assh*le."

Facts. The Lou Will addition has been big. Houston has outperformed expectations but part of that is players like Gordon and Lou Will having huge contributions. And it's funny how no one is discussing Houston has shot 500 more threes than the next closest team this year. 1100 more than OKC. Houston's success isn't squarely based upon Harden. D'Antoni has these guys jacking up triples at a historic level. Nearly 50% of Houston's shots are threes. Absolutely nothing is happening in OKC without Russ balling out.

How do you think they're able to get so many threes up? Of course Morey & MDA want them firing away from deep, but Harden is the engine that makes it all work.

Most wide-open three point attempts this season:

Eric Gordon
Ryan Anderson
Kaminsky
Brook Lopez
Ariza

3 of the top 5 play for the Rockets. That's directly related to Harden's ability to draw the defense and his incredible court vision/playmaking skills. Houston's offense is top 10 in league history. They play the most analytically-savvy style, but none of that is possible without Harden.
It's not just about getting the threes up though. Harden has an assortment of shot makers. It wouldn't matter how open OKC players got, they not making 3s anywhere near that clip. Harden is the super charger in a team that was built to score. OKC is a misfit bunch who defer to Russ because there's no other possible way for them to win.

I'd be fine with Co-MVP cause the story's already wrote and re-wrote itself but Russ over Harden would be a little more open-ended 
Me too

Harden and Kawhi

If Russ wins I will know that millennials have infiltrated the MVP voters panel

Last edited:

Nobody besides Westbrook deserves serious consideration, IMO.

Dude has taken a team full of reserves into the playoffs after losing one of the best players in the league, while leading the league in scoring and averaging a triple double. Nobody else in the league can do that....NOBODY.
You don't think lebron could do that?
Of course he could. (Triple Doubles are easy man)

Dray could

Steph could

Harden could

Kawhi could

Giannis could

Blake could

CP3 could

Brown Falcon could

Black Falcon could even do this

White Gordon Hay could

I mean, anybody who can hoop in the NBA could average a triple double if they REALLY wanted to, they just don't want to
smile.gif

Getting a triple double is easy, doing it for a whole Season and nobody can stop you is pretty easy too.

I'd be piss if kawhi doesn't win it.

It'd mean harden was truly robbed 2 years ago and the media moved the goalpost on him

Kawhi is playing on a team that has won more than 54 games 15/17 seasons, and is playing with two All star Caliber players albeit one towards the end of his prime. Championship caliber vets & a core that has been together for a pretty long time. He shouldn't be mentioned with Harden & Westbrook this year, he doesn'y have nearly the burden that those two have to carry.

Kawhi is playing on a team that has won more than 54 games 15/17 seasons, and is playing with two All star Caliber players albeit one towards the end of his prime. Championship caliber vets & a core that has been together for a pretty long time. He shouldn't be mentioned with Harden & Westbrook this year, he doesn'y have nearly the burden that those two have to carry.
Bron won mvp on the heat no?

Curry won with Klay and Draymond as all stars no?

Last edited:
Fine if either win MVP.

Would rather give it to Russ because he's going insane but Harden is deserving as well.

Russ has been pretty clutch as of late too lol

I wont be mad at all if Russ gets it. I'd probably feel a certain way if Harden does. Great player and he deserves it as much as Russ but his game sorta puts me to sleep.

I'm cool with either winning, but Russ winning is gonna piss the most ppl off it looks like, so I'm tryna see that :lol:

Bron won mvp on the heat no?

Curry won with Klay and Draymond as all stars no?

Bron had one of the most statistically dominant seasons ever, Curry Also, both were easily the best team in the League while doing it also... Kawhi is having a GREAT season Harden & Westbrook are having HISTORIC seasons

We talm' bout' Tony Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom