Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might*

The Thunder ARE gonna lose in 5.

So go direct that at those guys too.

This is irrelevant though.

Defense requires perspective way more than offense too. Defense is three layers of analysis plus a heavy emphasis on eye test. We all know Kawhi is the best, and if we need stats then I refer you to this:

1440x763.png.72d02083fc3b4837aa1529e3bd4fdddf

8 games out of 82. Get out of here.

Whats gonna be sad is if Westbrook does indeed win the MVP, which he deserves, the slander is gonna be at an ALL TIME high after the Rockets beat them in the playoffs behind James Harden.
More so I don't think anyone would favor OKC to win that matchup so if Russ loses it might not be so bad

Now say if they pull off the upset....

I'm IN

More so I don't think anyone would favor OKC to win that matchup so if Russ loses it might not be so bad

Now say if they pull off the upset....

I'm IN

Ehh but you know how it goes. This MVP race has already been divisive enough, people will ignore all other factors like team strength and slander the hell out of him. Thats just the way things are.

This is perfect sense. Yet dudes gonna say no he doesn't deserve it. Cuz thunder is currently 10th or 9th place in the league overall. They don't hear you tho.
9th in the East is not 9th in the NBA. Russ is likely going to finish 2 wins short of 50. 9th place in the east this year is 2 games under .500 and 17th in the league. He already has OKC comfortably in the playoffs. Not the same at all. He's done enough winning to complement his historic season. 

Nash my dude, but you could make an argument for Shaq in 05 and Kobe, Dirk or LeBron in 06. But Nash was deserving of both MVPs.

Last edited:
I'll have to find the numbers but I'm pretty sure Russ also just had the greatest clutch time season ever as well. 

I'll have to find the numbers but I'm pretty sure Russ also just had the greatest clutch time season ever as well. 
I've seen those. He's got like 89% usage, 60% true shooting and like a 85% assist rate. I'm pulling those numbers off memory, but he's basically scored or assisted on almost all of the Thunder baskets in the clutch.

9th in the East is not 9th in the NBA. Russ is likely going to finish 2 wins short of 50. 9th place in the east this year is 2 games under .500 and 17th in the league. He already has OKC comfortably in the playoffs. Not the same at all. He's done enough winning to complement his historic season. 

I said in the league. Not the east. Fact is, he's in 9th or 10th place in the league. 6th in the West or maybe this moved him to 5th? Either way. That's not "enough" winning. It's literally all about the triple doubles and it sets a bad precedent. That's why dudes example is great. If mvp suddenly changes from best player on best team, to player who wins a fair amount but his individual success is incredible... You're about to have a league full of ball brothers in the very near future.

Fact is, these comebacks and buzzer beaters are against trash teams to begin with. Then there is the documented proof that his team is gifting rebounds and he's stat chasing. All of that... AND he "led" his team to 6th place? Nah b

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom