Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question is Russ 16-17 more impressive than Curry 15-16??

in terms of individual accolades, most definitely impressive. while steph's 15-16 campaign was incredibly efficient for a dude who buried 400 three pointers, it's hard to argue that anyone in recent history has had a more impressive season than russ.

Nobody in the league has a better FT% than Chinanu Onuaku this season pic.twitter.com/msnwWgX0nR
smokin.gif

LeBron has never had usage close to Russ this year. And LeBron also don't stay in the paint not guarding his man consistently. If you don't think he could put up stats similar, better then what Russ does and I don't know what to tell you... Look in his last two finals against the best d in the L.

Why would I think he could when he never has? Not even one time in his career did he average double digit rebounds at 6'8" possibility the most athletic player the NBA has ever seen. I read Larry bird averaged 10 rebounds for his career as a smal forward.

Last I checked the MVP isn't an award given after one series. 82 games is a different story.

Disregard the stats and tell me the team isn't comparable talent wise.  The difference is Harden that season allow others to get involved offensively, you can't say the same for Westbrook/Presti/Donovan...whoever is calling the shots there.

Kanter alone is better than every single player outside of Harden and Dwight.

Harden was doing that in 15? He was only averaging 7 assists a season and still known as a ball stopper.

I think all the Russ haters are accounted for now.

Lakersman3000 was the only one left who hadn't posted tonight, yet :rofl:

Pull Russ last 5 games, and pull the Saltines posts on those days, it is damn near copy paste. Verbatim is a stretch but man, you guys should hear yourselves

Last edited:
Harden was doing that in 15? He was only averaging 7 assists a season and still known as a ball stopper.
You act like 7 assists is low for someone playing 2 guard.

Anyone who thinks Harden is a ball stopper clearly doesn't watch him.

Lakersman3000 was the only one left who hadn't posted tonight, yet
roll.gif

Pull Russ last 5 games, and pull the Saltines posts on those days, it is damn near copy paste. Verbatim is a stretch but man, you guys should hear yourselves
It's called an opinion, nobody has to like everything or everyone.  

All numbers in sports are arbitrary

Why is .300 the magic number in baseball? Why does it matter if a guy hits 100 yards rushing or receiving in a game as opposed to 90?

Curry last year was way more impressive. Triple doubles just don't Do it for me. Russ broke the usage record. Anybody who breaks usage record is going to have crazy stats. Then add in all his uncontested rebounds.i ain't ever heard an argument that leaving your man wide open, not contesting shots and camping out in the post is good for your team till this year.

Id be more impressed if Russ averaged 30 10 and 5 and actually attempted to cover someone

Last edited:
Curry last year was way more impressive. Triple doubles just don't Do it for me. Russ broke the usage record. Anybody who breaks usage record is going to have crazy stats. Then add in all his uncontested rebounds.i ain't ever heard an argument that leaving your man wide open, not contesting shots and camping out in the post is good for your team till this year.

OKC played like that last year with KD it's been a philosophy of theirs even going back to Brooks.

LMAOOOO

LAL PUTS METTA IN THE GAME FOR THE TANK AND HE PROCEEDS TO GO OFF :rofl:
It's so messed up LAL can't lose. ***** hilarious!

Lakersman3000 was the only one left who hadn't posted tonight, yet :rofl:

It's called an opinion, nobody has to like everything or everyone.  

Duh Captain Obvious.

But if you tell me something like , "hey man, that new Wu Tang song is flames" on Friday, are you going to come in on Sunday and then Monday and again on Wednesday and then Thursday and Saturday and say "hey man, that new Wu Tang song is flames" ?

You repeat yourself like that?
Man, at least tell me if they have any other good songs or even bad ones.

Last edited:
Is it really any different then making a case for Russ to be MVP or thunder up every day tho? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

As a former Westbrook hater, his supporting cast only looks above average because HE makes them look above average. Sabonis, Roberson, Adams, McDermott and basically anybody else not named Kanter, benefit incredibly from the attention Westbrook draws and are able to flourish because of it. But he's not playing with great shooters like Harden or even people who can create their own shot.

It's so messed up LAL can't lose. ***** hilarious!
Duh Captain Obvious.

But if you tell me something like , "hey man, that new Wu Tang song is flames" on Friday, are you going to come in on Sunday and then Monday and again on Wednesday and then Thursday and Saturday and say "hey man, that new Wu Tang song is flames" ?

You repeat yourself like that?
Man, at least tell me if they have any other good songs or even bad ones.
It's already happening now in this thread lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom