Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Light Skinned Julius Randle in another Elite matchup tonight.

Let's see if he can cook Ryno
nerd.gif

He will win this well-deserved MVP award this year. Media and analysts will fawn over him. They will proclaim that he's matured and his b-ball IQ has developed exponentially. OKC will get him another superstar and bunch of elite 3 point shooters.

Even IF all that happens,,,, he'll still be the same old Russ who chucks ill-advised shots (ESPECIALLY in crunch time)

Unless he significantly changes that mentality and is fortunate enough to be a part of a great system ala Spurs/GSW,,, I don't see him winning a ring anytime soon. Especially with the competition nowadays.
That's the worst part about it.  Literally nothing has changed in his game now he's this "elite playmaker".

That Russ game winner was real Kobe like

View media item 2400328

He will win this well-deserved MVP award this year. Media and analysts will fawn over him. They will proclaim that he's matured and his b-ball IQ has developed exponentially. OKC will get him another superstar and bunch of elite 3 point shooters.

Even IF all that happens,,,, he'll still be the same old Russ who chucks ill-advised shots (ESPECIALLY in crunch time)

Unless he significantly changes that mentality and is fortunate enough to be a part of a great system ala Spurs/GSW,,, I don't see him winning a ring anytime soon. Especially with the competition nowadays.
That's the worst part about it.  Literally nothing has changed in his game now he's this "elite playmaker".

Maybe next year for Harden.

Giannis Antetokounmpo will become the first player in NBA history to finish top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

I can understand Harden's game not being very entertaining to watch, but I just don't get how he can be literally disrespected like this 3 years straight.

Last edited:
I can understand Harden's game not being very entertaining to watch, but I just don't get how he can literally disrespected like this 3 years straight.

There's another player in the league averaging a triple-double. How can you not understand that?

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons answers a slew of mailbag questions from readers and listeners on the value/history of triple doubles and why Wilt never went for them (5:30), Bill's waffling on his MVP pick (10:45), lessons from Admiral/Olajuwon + MJ/Malone (19:00), Tony Romo's TV career (26:00), Jokic vs. Nurkic nickname ideas (35:00), Sergio Garcia's Masters win (42:00), Curry's 2016 MVP vs the 2017 candidates (48:00), the power of the TNT Bulls (53:00), Carmelo's future + a big 3-way trade prediction (57:00) and the winner of 2007's no. 1 NBA pick (1:04:00).

April Mega-Mailbag (Ep. 198) by The Bill Simmons Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Listen The FIRST question he answered. He makes some good points re: Westbrook.

Stop it. It's not about marketing

That defensive video completely changed his perception and sadly for him it's never changing.

He bought on himself tho.
This is kinda true, but honestly I think a lot of the media say it's between Russ and Harden. If Russ wasn't averaging that trip dub I really do think Harden wins for sure

So at least that shows the defensive highlight thing won't be too much to overcome

Last edited:
That's crazy how the Cavs blew a 15 point lead with like 5 minutes. Just watched the highlights, they did everything wrong. That was like watching the Falcons blow that Super bowl.

They wasted their good 1st 3 quarters efforts. Love with another atrocious FG%.
Besides LeBron, Kyrie, Frye and Korver, rest,really was not productive at all.

It's always about Marketing for the NBA 

He gets marketed just fine. Every promo for the rockets he get promoted.

The rockets are on national TV a ton. They routinely get flexed into to TV dates.

The no defense narrative changed his rep. Before that video the rockets were the young fun exciting team

Cause he has no personality NBA can't market him
Considering Kawhi is more revered amongst the media than Harden, that's not a valid argument.
There's another player in the league averaging a triple-double. How can you not understand that?
If that's the reason why Harden loses(again), then the NBA has something against Harden.  No other way I can see it.

This is kinda true, but honestly I think a lot of the media say it's between Russ and Harden. If Russ wasn't averaging that trip dub I really do think Harden wins for sure

So at least that shows the defensive highlight thing won't be too much to overcome

And when they thought Westbrook was gonna fade they brought Kawhi into the mix. If he didn't win in 2014 he's never gonna win.

If I was him Id turned full heel Mayweather style.

Considering Kawhi is more revered amongst the media than Harden, that's not a valid argument.

If that's the reason why Harden loses(again), then the NBA has something against Harden.  No other way I can see it.
Harden has a bad attitude/personality 

Kawhi is just a shy quiet person 

Cause he has no personality NBA can't market him
What about the fact that when discussing on court versus off court, Westbrook's value dwarfs Harden's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom