Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C9Jn-76UMAAYOH_.jpg:large

Westbrook resting tonight :wow:

Is he still an alpha?

Shameful. Would never happen back in my day. Players used to take pride in playing all 82. This new generation is soft.

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
It's already one of the better re-designs if they actually have the logo on the front of the jersey instead of just times new roman font and nothing else

Good read on TPT by Brandon Jennings...

TBT: It’s the summer of ’07, just a few months before my senior year at Oak Hill Academy. I’m the No. 1 high school player in the country — and I know it, too, if you know what I mean. I’m 17, doing whatever I want on the court, and no one can tell me nothin’.

Around that time, Reebok is holding their RBKU camp in Philly. It’s an event they have every year, where the best high school players in the country all come up and scrimmage against each other. (Basically it’s just a big audition for the scouts and the shoe companies.) And of course I’m there.

My team has a backcourt of me and Isaiah Thomas (yeah, that one) — and we’re pretty much just running ****. The other team, they’ve got some guys, no doubt. It’s basically an All-Star game, you know — everyone’s got some guys. But at the point? Man, they’ve got this super-skinny kid, this junior nobody. Like … I don’t even know his name. Don’t really care, either. I think he’s from Raleigh? Could be from wherever. That’s just how it was for me that summer. I’m feeling myself, and I know that no other point at that camp can touch me. Especially not some kid I don’t know, from I-don’t-know-where.

Anyway, at some point during one of the scrimmages, I catch an open lane in full stride and I’m flying. I take a quick dribble, then another, past this no-name point of theirs — and then I dunk that **** SO HARD.

Not even on him — I’m too fast to dunk it on him. I just dunk it by him. And as I land, and turn around to get back on defense, all hyped up, this no-name kid decides he’s gonna cross my path. Big mistake. I give him a bump in the chest — serious bump — and scream right in his face, too.

John With the Shades

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom