Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CwLiqamWgAAscCc

Iconic. :smh: :pimp:

Doesn't get higher pressure than this.

Bron with the belief as it left his hands. :pimp:

Everything about that pic is crazy.

- Potentially 6 HOFers
- The faces in the crowd
- Even the security guard turned around to watch the game :lol:

When you walk in the door, the receptionist looks at you and says, “Ray? What … what are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“But … you just won the title.”

“Yeah, I just wanted to get out of the house.”

“But … it’s eight in the morning. And you just won the title.”

“Well, I still got some work to be done on this tooth. Is he in?”

Your dentist walks out of his office.

“Ray? What are you … what?”

“Couldn’t sleep.”

This is what success looks like for you. You’re the kind of guy who goes to the dentist the morning after winning an NBA title.

I know, man.

I know.

:lol:

Most people will never really get to know the real you. But they’ll know your work.

Thanks Ray. One of my favorite all time players

I'd like to thank Ray for going ice cold in the 2010 Finals and subsequently allowing banner no. 16 to go in the rafters.

If we think the majority players are overpaid, then are they really overpaid?

I wonder how things will look after 2025 when the new TV deal is up. Would contracts go up even more?

I'm anticipating streaming to make a harder push over the next 8-9 years, so there's a chance contracts could be lowered? Maybe that's not possible, though. The NBA will probably expand its way into Europe and become an even bigger market. New expansion team(s) + the advertising deals. Can you imagine players getting 10-year deals again or even 5yr / $300M contracts? :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder how things will look after 2025 when the new TV deal is up? Would contracts go up even more?

I'm anticipating streaming to make a harder push over the next 8-9 years, so there's a chance contracts could be lowered?

A streaming company will make a play for the NBA for sure by then.

Money isn't going down anytime soon, all you gotta do is look at the stars right now and the young guys waiting in the wings.

All I know is the way the nba mishandled preseason games encouraged me to look into streams. I don't think I'm the only one either. By 2025 these dudes gonna be playing for minimum wage

All I know is the way the nba mishandled preseason games encouraged me to look into streams. I don't think I'm the only one either. By 2025 these dudes gonna be playing for minimum wage

I think its stupid how a lot of teams don't show their games on TV during preseason. If there's a camera crew there, why not? We are able to see highlights of every preseason game, yet are unable to get a broadcast. I know (or I hope) it cannot be about paying the commentators or production crew.

With streaming, it doesn't eem matter. I'll watch a NBA game without the commentating.

Last edited:
Real reason for the next NBA money jump is definitely international expansion.

With all the really good young Euro players, the game will only get more popular there.

The real key is China, they already had over 70 million people tune in last season and that number is only going up.

Internationally as a whole the NBA is growing at a 20% higher rate than MLB and NFL.

I'd like to thank Ray for going ice cold in the 2010 Finals and subsequently allowing banner no. 16 to go in the rafters.

That was the most mystifying performance I've ever seen. He literally missed every single shot & Boston barely lost the game. If he had merely had a bad shooting night they probably get the W & the series may not have returned to LA.

Took 16 threes in Boston, missed every single one of them. I've never seen the pendulum swing that wildy for anyone.

Last edited:
Ray went 0-Corey Brewer during that game. It was very weird, cause I think either the previous series, or the previous game, it was like he couldn't miss at all

Not like there wasn't reason to and not like we only 3 games in.

3 games in or not he's always had the ability to play the PG position at a high level and I don't see that changing. Yea his offensive game is non existent and his defense has slipped but he's an elite level passer.

Fantasy basketball thread is hardly moving so I figured I'd ask here:

I was offered Steph Curry and Brook Lopez for my Damian Lillard and Jae Crowder.

My gut reaction is "Hell no!", but I figured I'd get some unbiased opinions from NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom