Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

@highkin Rajon Rondo on Ray Allen's retirement announcement: "I thought he'd been retired."
roll.gif

No love lost between these two.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

21 mil a year a steal? I know tv money, China money, etc. but golly. Dude we could have had Harden for 14.5 and he would just be expiring, Reggie probably would have taken about the same or less if you offered it to him before he turned full beyaa when relationships were still good.

Last edited:
Bruh a lot of teams gonna regret giving out stupid contracts in the next couple years. :smh:
Stephen Adams is good but not 25m/year good.
Evan Turner, Solomon Hill, Noah, Mahinmi, Parsons..............all horrible 4+ year contracts

Don't see how that's a "shot" by rondo Ray hasn't played for years and hasn't played since Lebron was in Miami.
Who didn't think Ray was retired?

Last edited:
Don't see how that's a "shot" by rondo Ray hasn't played for years and hasn't played since Lebron was in Miami.
Who didn't think Ray was retired?

All of this. The news about Jesus today is just so random. Got tons of love for the dude, but at least it's "official" now.

Dude saw all the love all the retiring 90s guys are getting and figured he'd get in on it too while we were still high on nostalgia

Some contracts are worse than others.

Not that its right, but I'll pay a higher level role player a lot of money before paying more of a rotation guybench player $60-70M (if I'm a small market team).

Solomon Hill, Mahinmi, etc. were terrible deals in my eyes because I don't even consider those guys legit NBA starters. Probably couldn't start on over half of the NBA playoff teams currently. May want to include Evan Turner in that as well, along with Delly getting $38M, Tolliver getting $16M for 2 yeras, Leuer getting $42MM, etc etc etc.

NOT THAT THESE DEALS ARE OKAY, but guys like Crabbe, Parsons, Adams, Oladipo, etc etc etc, you can make an argument for either 1) potential, 2) they are high level role players who can start on most playoff teams and be effective. Its just their market value in today's game.

Either way, this is the first year of many where more crazy contracts will be given out. Be prepared to see Iguodala, Amir Johnson, Rudy Gay, Jeff Teague, JJ Redick and more getting crazy deals. I'm sure Kyle Lowry is going to get a fat contract as well.

You rarely see borderline rotation players receiving large dollars work out well. Why? Because these guys more than likely had ONE solid season to get that money. The odds of them putting together multiple quality years of basketball are low, so why even give them a 4-5 year deal? A high level role player doesn't ALWAYS work out, but it can help a team who feels they want to remain competitive for a few more years (i.e. Mavs getting Barnes or whatever) or potentially take their game to a contending level (i.e. Iguodala going to GSW). Some teams just have to pay their players (i.e. Grizz - Conley or Raps with Derozan). Nothing wrong with that if it needs to be done. Everyone can't just let players walk away and expect good to come out of it. It is a business at the same time.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether or not rondo was taking a shot at ray, what exactly was rondos problem with any of his ex Celtic teammates? I never really heard the exact story or reasons

Bruh a lot of teams gonna regret giving out stupid contracts in the next couple years. :smh:
Stephen Adams is good but not 25m/year good.
Evan Turner, Solomon Hill, Noah, Mahinmi, Parsons..............all horrible 4+ year contracts

i'm surprised jeff green only got a 1 year deal

Regardless of whether or not rondo was taking a shot at ray, what exactly was rondos problem with any of his ex Celtic teammates? I never really heard the exact story or reasons
It was ray not rondo ... I remember reading a article that said pp kg and rondo used to get up and never used to come thru and that ray was a loner

It was ray not rondo ... I remember reading a article that said pp kg and rondo used to get up and never used to come thru and that ray was a loner

and kendrick. they all used to kick it.

f ray allen.

Toronto going to be ****** after they give Lowry 150 million.

I would like to see what are teams making from a revenue perspective on remaining playoff teams. More so small markets than anything. I was undecided about what I wanted Memphis to do last year after the whole team got hurt. Do you risk taking the next 4-5 years off by blowing it up? What would happen to revenue at that point in time?

When you look at a team like Minnesota who basically been on a 9 year playoff drought, they are set up nicely now. But, it still took 9 years :lol: . Then, who knows if the full rebuild will actually work out? Its a risky business either way. Look at Philly. Ended up with the #1 pick and the guy couldn't play for 2 years, which prolonged their rebuilding. Got Simmons and now he's out.

You can say its risky to overpay high level role players (or non-superstars) to try and remain a playoff team over time. You can also say its risky to blow it up, draft well and hope those guys develop into stars. Even then, you have to try and keep those star players as well.

At the end of the day, its about LUCK. Dallas won a championship by continually keeping a playoff squad around Dirk. It was an odd year in the NBA where a #8 seed eliminated the #1 and basically opened the West up for anybody. They were able to beat a 1st year super team at the end of the day.

OKC did it the right way, but lost all of their talent.

Last edited:
Yeah never been a ray fan. Dude always seemed and carried himself like a snot. Heck of a player obviously though.

Last edited:
He and kobes duels were lit

Got no issue with ray he was probably exactly like Kobe just not as good as him as a ball player. I mean hell, a lot of dudes carry themselves like crap. If you're gonna judge him then you're judging a lot of others too

Last edited:
Saw this on RealGM --

NBA Moment/Facts You're Afraid Will Become Forgotten

some of my favs:
- How good of a player Deron Williams was when he was in Utah.

- Some would say he was better than CP3 at his best (when he was at his best in New Orleans > Los Angeles Clippers and its not even close)

- The Los Angeles Clippers magical 2005-2006 NBA Season, taking the Phoenix Suns to Game 7 in the semis...was very impressive.

- Brandon Jennings hot streak when he first enter the league was amazing

- How great Gilbert Arenas was at his peak.

29.3 ppg on 58.1% TS in 2005-06 season (which is just as good as anybody that season, except for Kobe), then improved to 34 ppg on 59.7% TS in the playoffs, including five consecutive 30+ point games in that postseason series against the Cavs, and went toe-to-toe with LeBron.

- Ricky Davis shooting at his own team's basket to get the one rebound he needed for a triple double. :rofl:

- Darell Walker averaging 9.5/8.8/8.0 in 1989-90 in 81 games.

This list could go on for days upon days, though.

Another player eveyrone was high on when OKC got him. Not really sure why.

Also unexpected considering they lack outside shoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom