Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
 That's like 30 years to 3-4 maybe, little unfair tbh

What everybody on the list played from 1990-2005 and garnered all defensive team selections. And it's still partly why it was stupid in the first place to say there are as many now as there were back then. I did it by the era. The 80s was a far different type game. The NBA started changing the rules to allow a more wide open game around the mid 2000s. They removed hand checking right before the 2005 season.

Last edited:
What everybody on the list played from 1990-2005. And it's still partly why it was stupid in the first place to say there are as many now as there were back then. I did it by the era. The 80s was a far different type game. The NBA started changing the rules to allow a more wide open game around the mid 2000s. They removed hand checking right before the 2005 season.

There are as many great defensive players now as there were back then. Just cause you called out on that nonsense list doesn't mean it was stupid to say. There's great defensive players every year.

Last edited:
Russ and Harden each take a league leading 10 free throws a game. They average 9 points of free throws alone. Just as a reference for this discussion.

Last edited:
Collector does have a point though that this generation of players are softer than the previous generation. Draymond Green is considered a pest and bully on defense and the boards.
He would fit just right in with the 90s style of play. Not many other players have that type of aggressive play.

Last edited:
harden would feast in older eras
dudes would be on an island with him without being able to help
he's probably one of the best iso players ever and he's playing against way more conplex team defenses than mj did
cmon now :smh:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQ9dBEcI_hE

Not sure where that talking point originated from. The rule books said one thing, teams were actually allowed to do another.

Unnamed Warriors Player Says The Team Has 'Problems And It Ain't Basketball'

C7Dgb42WsAE3lmm.jpg

https://t.co/zIuD9qNMxM

There are as many great defensive players now as there were back then. Just cause you called out on that nonsense list doesn't mean it was stupid to say.

Name them then. I added CP0 and Dwert. From 2006- present. I didn't even put Kobe, Bruce, AK47, or Doug Christie who all had their best defensive seasons before 2005.

This is a weird convo to me because free throw rate the past 6 years has been really low compared to the rest of league history. You have to go back to '75 for the last time it was this low.

Tim Hardaway was makin defenders bite the dust way before curry in a warriors uniform..he had the moves and had a knack for steals...add in assists and u get a guard who could run the point

This is a weird convo to me because free throw rate the past 6 years has been really low compared to the rest of league history. You have to go back to '75 for the last time it was this low.

I learned something today. I would have thought it was higher. Maybe it's not the amount of calls but the type of calls being made has changed.

I learned something today. I would have thought it was higher. Maybe it's not the amount of calls but the type of calls being made has changed.
I'm assuming all the three point shooting has something to do with it.

what is the difference between a great and good defender?

also no shane battier, tony allen or james posey?

Sanders stole Bogut's beats 
mean.gif

Dave McMenaminESPN Staff Writer 

A Cavs locker room attendant just placed new Beats by Dre headphones in Larry Sanders', Deron Williams' and Derrick Williams' lockers. The perks of being new teammates with LeBron James.

ShareNBA 1m

What everybody on the list played from 1990-2005 and garnered all defensive team selections. And it's still partly why it was stupid in the first place to say there are as many now as there were back then. I did it by the era. The 80s was a far different type game. The NBA started changing the rules to allow a more wide open game around the mid 2000s. They removed hand checking right before the 2005 season.
So if they had played good defense in 2006-present but not their best defensive  seasons, they don't count?

what is the difference between a great and good defender?

also no shane battier, tony allen or james posey?

A great defender is someone like Bron or Kawhi. They can effectively guard the best scorers on any team outside of a elite scoring big. Speaking of which who are elite scoring bigs?

AD, Boogie and KAT. Am I missing someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom