Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, do people in here actually believe that the warriors don't get called for any moving screens?

Don't think anyone ever said that, do they get called as much as other teams, no. Do they set more egregious ones more frequently than most teams yes. It was comical watching that 1st half of Game 1 vs Houston. Even JVG called em out for it.

There's... really nothing outstanding here.

Maybe a couple worth whining about, but mostly I see nothing terribly different than what other good teams do.

I know the narrative is building, but as an unbiased person who is neither a Warriors fan or a Warriors hater, it's nothing.
 Originally Posted by DarthSka  

I legit just saw something on FB this morning about how people make blatant exaggerations prefaced with 'legit' which goes completely against what legit means.
laugh.gif

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

"legit open field tackling"

Except not even close.
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Y'all complain that the NBA season is soft now but complain about moving screens :rofl:

Basketball should be physical w/o having to be football though. *shrugs*

If you think this is football then go back and watch how the Bad Boy Pistons played :lol:

:lol: nah I mean as in it looks like a receiver blocking a DB. But really about the physicality of it. Just doesn't look like a legal basketball screen to me. I actually have nothing against GS lol

I'm saying you do. It's not a legal screen but they don't call it ever for every team not just GSW.

Maybe a couple worth whining about, but mostly I see nothing terribly different than what other good teams do.

I know the narrative is building, but as an unbiased person who is neither a Warriors fan or a Warriors hater, it's nothing.

[QUOTE name="DarthSka" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/647451/official-2016-nba-playoffs-thread-1st-round/2610#post_25637137[/URL]"]

I legit just saw something on FB this morning about how people make blatant exaggerations prefaced with 'legit' which goes completely against what legit means. :lol:

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.

:rolleyes

[/quote]

:rofl:

[QUOTE name="DarthSka" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/647451/official-2016-nba-playoffs-thread-1st-round/2610#post_25637137[/URL]"]

I legit just saw something on FB this morning about how people make blatant exaggerations prefaced with 'legit' which goes completely against what legit means. :lol:

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.

:rofl:[/quote]

Great Chop Block and Draymond countered with Attitude Adjustment

wait, do people in here actually believe that the warriors don't get called for any moving screens?

1 out of every 40, sure. I was :rofl: when Draymond got called for one on Bev, and Draymond was all ":wow: :wow: >: >:", like dude, that's what you do all the time, egregiously. Then Dwight is two foot away from somebody and gets called for one :lol:

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.

[/quote]

if there were any foul to be called, wouldn't evan turner get called for the first one he had on draymond?

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.

if there were any foul to be called, wouldn't evan turner get called for the first one he had on draymond?[/quote]

You know They gonna ignore that part :lol:

Originally Posted by DarthSka  

I legit just saw something on FB this morning about how people make blatant exaggerations prefaced with 'legit' which goes completely against what legit means.
laugh.gif

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.
eyes.gif
Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggght. He was running towards the defender and wrapped him up and laid him on the ground, hit stick style. Ssssssuuuuuure, bud. He didn't fall, then get UP, putting his body in an UPWARD motion as he checked Klay's man. Nope. That's not what happened. He open field tackled Klay's man, straight wrapped him up and put him down, NFL style. LEGIT open field tackle, that's what I see. Absolutely.

I'm not letting go of the point I was making, the point you quoted. He didn't LEGIT OPEN FIELD TACKLE anyone. Was it acceptable? That's irrelevant to what I was saying, because I was joking about how people use 'legit' in front of things that are exaggerations.

"really nothing" is nowhere close to the same sentiment as "legit"

"Legitimately nothing they are doing wrong, at all" is the same as "Legitimately open field tackling people."

"Really nothing outstanding" is the same as "Almost open field tackling"

"Really nothing outstanding" is NOT the same as "legit open field tackling"

If you want to contest my point, show a video of a Warrior legit open field tackling. Please and thanks. I'm talking running up on a defender who has no one around them ('open field'), and putting them on the ground EXACTLY (legit) like they do in the NFL. Like we should see a play that would look beautiful if it were an NFL play, not someone who tripped then got up to set a screen and upended someone as they were also getting up.

Ska hitting us with the "But they do it toooooo!" Excuse :lol:

I do not recall seing any other player be able to literally walk while picking a player without getting called. Bogut and Draymond do it damn near every game. But that's the perk of beingh the best team in the league. Draymond would foul out in the first half if he were an avg player on a 20-win team :lol:

Reactions: OTG
Dudes STILL crying over Kobe dropping 60. :lol:

Anyway. I really don't think the moving screens are that big of a deal. It's like holding in the NFL. It can be called all the time but it really only gets called if it's blatant.

'I legit died laughing.'

No, you didn't.

Except not even close.

[/quote]

Good lorddddd

Dudes STILL crying over Kobe dropping 60.
laugh.gif
I don't see anyone crying over Kobe's 60 in here. 
nerd.gif

its the 2016 playoffs thread and there have been more posts about kobe than tim duncan 
pimp.gif
I was slipping.

Fixed it.

Timmy deserves mention in here, the place where we discuss those who have helped their team continue playing after 82.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom