Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got GS tonight.

But it should be noted that I've been completley wrong this entire playoffs :lol:

I did have OKC beating GS though :nerd:

Warriors by 10+ tonight

if I'm the Thunder I'd seriously consider trying new plays and line ups, they just have to win in OKC and since they have destroyed them in OKC they can just take it easy tonight
but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Roberson goes for 15+ again lol, don't leave him completely wide open, hes not as garbage as Carrol from the Raptors

That series would be totally different if Carroll made his open looks the way Frye is making his.

Last edited:

NT would have broke if it was around when MJ choked against Orlando.

The hot takes would have been astounding. 
Absolutely, but I vividly remember that, man.

It wasn't pretty. I was watching that with 2 of my dudes and 1 of their sisters that I had wanted to smash forever (eventually did).

We were extra disappointed, and the talk the next few days from everyone else was the same. We all thought he was done. Baseball ruined him. Sad watching it end like that. Hopefully he retires so we don't have to watch others take him down one by one.

It would have brutal if there was a twitter and FB and NT... but it was a different kind of brutal then, too. People still had mouths; people still talked. And it was brutal.

Curry and / or Thompson will have to go insane tonight as well as a few role players playing above their heads for the Warriors to pull this one out.

At the end of the day The Warriors can't guard the Thunder, and they can't control their defensive board.

So, even if they somehow force Russ and KD into bad shooting nights they'll still be behind the 8 ball because they can't rebound the ball.

gs needs to keep they big lineup in and play in the half court o.  trying to run with okc is hurting them. that ball movement is usually like the spurs.  thats they only shot. 

Last edited:
It's not even just Roberson being wide open anymore.
He's been coming off the High Pick, slashing through lane past picks set for him and then, he's no longer wide open when he is wide open, they are closing in on him and he's driving passed them and then dishing or finishing which he does quite well with his length and athleticism.

Last edited:

I got GSW tonight, OKC in 6 at home. Will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong and OKC smells blood and goes for the kill tonight. Will be even MORE pleasantly surprised if they put up another 70-pt half and step in their necks EARLY.
I think this game will play out similar to game 1. Crowd will be live and the warriors will have the slight advantage up until half/middle of the 3rd. 

warriors haven't really had the legs of late. Not just from curry, but barnes, iggy and others haven't been hitting their shots either. 

bench play hasn't been what we've seen from them in the past.

Thunder don't need to try anything new their constant switching of everyone on defense has worked well for them all series. Minor adjustments if anything.

Last edited:
The idea of GSW winning tonight because they're the warriors and they are at home is a fun idea, and certainly could happen.

But Teams have been scoring at ease against GSW in the playoffs, especially in this series and I don't know how or why that would change tonight. 

Physically, GSW is overwhelmed against OKC and this goes longer than 5 games. In the 8 games that they've played this season, OKC looks comfortably superior than the Dubs and I don't see why the 9th game would be any different.

Last edited:
gs needs to keep they big lineup in and play in the half court o.  trying to run with gs is hurting them. that ball movement is usually like the spurs.  thats they only shot. 

This same exact thought crossed my mind after game 4. GS is playing into the hands of OKC by jacking up all these 3's and trying to run up and down the court. OKC wants to move the pace and get those long rebounds into transition.

He's been coming off the High Pick, slashing through lane for past picks and then, he's no longer wide open when he is wide open, they are closing in on him and he's driving passed them and then dishing or finishing which he does quite well with his length and athleticism.

Roberson has been finishing at the basket with consistency. That's what's hurting GS the most.

Curry and / or Thompson will have to go insane tonight as well as a few role players playing above their heads for the Warriors to pull this one out.

At the end of the day The Warriors can't guard the Thunder, and they can't control their defensive board.

So, even if they somehow force Russ and KD into bad shooting nights they'll still be behind the 8 ball because they can't rebound the ball.
this.

game 1 they shot 17-51 and still won that game. 

if they're on tonight, expect another blowout.

I know the Warriors will probably win tonight, but $3.75 is how much i tip my barista in the mornings to pour me a fresh hot cup of green tea.
So worse case scenario if they win tomorrow, ill just give Chester his money and make my own tea. :smh:

LETS GO THUNDER!!!

I know the Warriors will probably win tonight, but $3.75 is how much i tip my barista in the mornings to pour me a fresh hot cup of green tea.
So worse case scenario if they win tomorrow, ill just give Chester his money and make my own tea.
mean.gif

LETS GO THUNDER!!!
check out mr money bags right here. 

So worse case scenario if they win tomorrow, ill just give Chester his money and make my own tea.
mean.gif

LETS GO THUNDER!!!
Repped for drinking green tea

I really can't see gs dropping this one. Tough to beat a team 3x in a row. Dubs will get all the home cooking they can handle

He's been coming off the High Pick, slashing through lane past picks set for him and then, he's no longer wide open when he is wide open, they are closing in on him and he's driving passed them and then dishing or finishing which he does quite well with his length and athleticism.
when the warriors go small.. Roberson is as tall as their biggest guy and we know he's got that long wingspan

ibaka is the spot up shooter, while Roberson is making the rim runs and hustling

the warriors are probably better off starting ezeli or playing him at the beginning of quarters.. and then going with bogut at the end of quarters, to avoid the intentional fouling (not sure if his ft % is better or not)

but they need someone with size out there

Last edited:
Jordan would be treated like Kobe if social media existed back then

As you guys like to call them, jordan Stans are in denial.

Good PR or not everything comes out now that we have all these social media outlets and people willing to pay for major stories

Only thing we had back then was hard copy and that was looked at like a national inquire TV show.

Imagine mj with a twitter . imagine how he treated his teammates. Then imagine how he would talk to his haters on there? If you thought what he said to kwame brown was bad? Lol

Lebron got caught pming a chick. You think mj would t get caught doing the same?

Not sure if some of you live in fantasy land. Your precious Jordan ain't exempt from slander. He would be toast in the world we live in now. If you young black rich and famous you got a target on your back

this.

game 1 they shot 17-51 and still won that game. 

if they're on tonight, expect another blowout.
It won't be a blowout because GSW is at home. So Iggy, Barnes, Leandro, Mo Speights, etc. they'll hit a few more shots to keep the game within striking distance and like I said, they could be the catalyst to a win for GSW.

I just don't see it.

They can't guard OKC. That's not changing unless OKC does something crazy like turn the ball over a billion times.

They can't rebound with OKC. I don't know how that changes within a day unless Draymond grows 3 inches.

So how are they going to win a closeout game if they can't rebound or defend? The ONLY way I see GSW winning tonight is if they somehow win the rebounding battle and turn OKC over a ton.

If they have to play 5v5 against OKC it's lights out because OKC's length and athleticism is allowing them to switch everything and it's forcing GSW to take a heap of tough shots in the halfcourt which is just feeding into OKC's fastbreak.

Thunder don't need to try anything new their constant switching of everyone on defense has worked well for them all series. Minor adjustments if anything.

Its only a matter if the warriors shots begin to fall

Curry need to wake the hell up. Playing like pau when shanno brown smashed his fiance and lebron when delonte tornado **** his mom

Last edited:
Social media would be the game changer imo. He was an eleectrifying athlete and would have gotten passes but the slander on a message board or a twitter would have been merciless belee dat. Mainly those chipless and 1st round exit years..
Social media would have made him a global icon faster, that's about it. The negative social media impact on careers is exaggerated alot. A few months ago Blake Griffin survived attacking his 'best friend and team trainer'; sure he got his chops busted over a couple jokes, but it washed over. Several athletes' private lives played out in public and they still survived. Heck, in the '80s Mike Tyson WAS SITTING WITH HIS WIFE when she discussed his abuse to Barbara Walters on NATIONAL T.V.! How live is that? Tyson went on to make multi millions and ultimately cut his own throat (w/ Don King's help) . Another point also was made about athletes adjusting to privacy and the 'invasion thereof'; certain conduct wouldn't be done in the first place.

OKC going byke to the Finals. Warriors complete the most disappointing run in NBA history and the slander bus is traded out for the plane again.

Its only a matter if the warriors shots begin to fall
Warriors running out of time they need to gameplan around the constant switching the entire Okc lineup does to get better shots instead of just hoping they start to go in like the usually do. I'm sure they have tried to make adjustmens but it seems like they are mostly relying on the same old to start working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom