Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude behind the table couldn't believe Russ' temper tantrum
roll.gif
roll.gif

@itsaboutthattime
 You listening to this post game w/ Russ/KD?

I can answer the reporters questions in the exact words of these 2 guys, before I even hear their answers|I
Broken record; " i have to do better" "my fault" "trust teamates" "move the ball" "Do better" "I have to lead by example" "I gotta do better" 

Turned it off as soon as it went zero.. Went to watch a movie..

Hit general and talk about civil war

[quote name="a-friend"]I'm not endorsing it as so, because Luck plays too much of a part. I ain't that lucky. I don't see it.[/quote]Orrrr... the Spurs are superior.

"Luck." :lol:

Everyone knows OKC blew the most 4th quarter leads in the league. That ain't just unlucky. You said yourself the 'old guys vs. young guys' pickup game comparison was perfect. That ain't luck.

[quote name="a-friend"]I'm not endorsing it as so, because Luck plays too much of a part. I ain't that lucky. I don't see it.
Orrrr... the Spurs are superior.

"Luck." :lol:

Everyone knows OKC blew the most 4th quarter leads in the league. That ain't just unlucky. You said yourself the 'old guys vs. young guys' pickup game comparison was perfect. That ain't luck.[/quote]

Spurs weren't lucky. Aren't lucky.
OKC was in game 2.
And they need it to win.
If Thunder (forget winning it all) are going to win, this series, it's going to take luck, they can't win with their play alone.

That's what luck I'm referring to. I'm not endorsing that. But I'll take it if...

Last edited:
OKC in 2012 >>>> OKC in 2016. Basically the team with Harden and Sefolosha >>>> with Waiters and Roberson. Presti made that call to Harden to trade him after him ,Russ, and KD was planning to make another run for the title(in Hardens words). Since then people been waiting for KD to step up and be a leader..but my boy just dont got it in him..dont got that killer instinct all the greats had when leading their teams to titles. Just waiting to see where he and Russ end up in a couple of years. Would rather see the Spurs vs. GS in the west championship anyway..OKC is my team..just dont see them going toe to toe with GS at all tbh.

OKC in 2012 >>>> OKC in 2016.

OKC in 2013 >>>> both of those

Even without Harden, they were primed for a run: #1 seed, potential home court over the Spurs (who weren't quite the 2014 Spurs), and a rabid fan base that was still totally engaged. Westbrook goes down, and it's over.

The 2014 team won 59 games, so they basically ran it back. But, the Spurs improved, and Ibaka missed those two games. They went down 0-2, and couldn't crawl out of the hole.

OKC in 2012 >>>> OKC in 2016.

OKC in 2013 >>>> both of those

Even without Harden, they were primed for a run: #1 seed, potential home court over the Spurs (who weren't quite the 2014 Spurs), and a rabid fan base that was still totally engaged. Westbrook goes down, and it's over.

The 2014 team won 59 games, so they basically ran it back. But, the Spurs improved, and Ibaka missed those two games. They went down 0-2, and couldn't crawl out of the hole.
Thats true as well. The thing they lacked and still lack is a scorer off the bench that can also lead the team when Russ and/or KD wasnt on the floor. When Brooks had Harden, Russ, and KD on the floor at the same time..those dudes was ballin. That year (2012) in the playoffs..They did damn good..came back against the Spurs after being down in the series. Nower days they just don't have that 3rd option..a ball handler that can score or step up if KD or Russ is off. Regardless..They aren't championship material. Was hoping it would've been different this year..but i guess that window closed a minute ago.

Last edited:
2013 OKC was nice in the regular season but Kevin Martin was no James harden

Seriously, Westbrook is everything I want in the nba. A dude who plays super hard every night, a diva, and doesn't care at all what anybody else thinks.

Seriously, Westbrook is everything I want in the nba. A dude who plays super hard every night, a diva, and doesn't care at all what anybody else thinks.

He's my favorite player in a while that isn't on the warriors
But i got mad at him for blowing huge possessions last night towards the end. Cost them the game.

If Westbrook learned how to be a pg he'd be dangerous but he's not cut out for it. He's a natural SG. OKC needs to let him loose if they want to win..

If Westbrook learned how to be a pg he'd be dangerous but he's not cut out for it. He's a natural SG. OKC needs to let him loose if they want to win..
Does yesterday not qualify as letting him loose. He shot multiple step back threes, he dominated the basketball the entirety of the game, especially in the last two minutes and essentially froze out KD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom