Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Got to love this thread

"KP isn't a leader"

"Would CP3 & Rose work"

"We really need someone like Jeff Teague"

Clueless as Dolan

We'll most likely land a pick outside the top 10. No good PGs are available in that range.

Is TJ Leaf a capable defender at the NBA level?

Last edited:
Got to love this thread

"KP isn't a leader"

"Would CP3 & Rose work"

"We really need someone like Jeff Teague"

Clueless as Dolan

first, learn how to quote. my post didn't say "we really need someone like Jeff Teague". second, he's averaging 16 points 8 assists and is a much better defender than Rose. not to mention that he only makes $8mil.

clueless as Rambis

we wouldnt be able to afford cp3 and drose unless they both take a paycut which i doubt they would do... and it would be great to get a pass first pg thats what we need but again the defense sucks and needs to be addressed asap... our offense could be better but its good enough right now to win games again its the defense thats the main problem

Jeff Teague wants big money, why'd ya think ATL traded him. They weren't going to pay for him. I think Jeff Teague would be nice with the Knicks tho.

Elite pass first point guard that can penetrate.... Good luck!

Last edited:
i thought rose wanted to retire here though :lol: unless we get a good pg from the draft hes clearly our best option... theres nobody else to pick up in free agency...cp3 is not coming here and if we bring rose back he will be cheaper pickup unless you want to roll the dice on rondo... i actually like rose he just needs to chill with the turnovers and try to have a balance of getting to the basket to get his and actually passing the ball...and hes our best pg since kidd/marbury

we wouldnt be able to afford cp3 and drose unless they both take a paycut which i doubt they would do... and it would be great to get a pass first pg thats what we need but again the defense sucks and needs to be addressed asap... our offense could be better but its good enough right now to win games again its the defense thats the main problem

i didn't mean have both lol. but Master Zik Master Zik was talking about "elite" and CP was the only one that came to mind.

Jeff Teague wants big money, why'd ya think ATL traded him. They weren't going to pay for him. I think Jeff Teague would be nice with the Knicks tho.
Elite pass first point guard that can penetrate.... Good luck!

Teague is great, but idk about elite. i would rather give him a similar contract to Noah, than give it to CP or Rose tbh. he's also like what 26? 27? let's not give a big contract to another player over 30 please. i don't think the Rose experiment is working her in NYC. not bc of what happened recently, but he's just not a good fit. he is and always will be a score first PG. it worked in the Chi (at the time) bc no one else could really score. now that he's here, he doesn't need to score, but it's in his DNA. kind of like what's happening with Melo, but worse bc your PG is supposed to get the other 4 guys involved. we went from 1 extreme to another. from Caldo who couldn't score to Rose who only wants to.

laugh.gif
 Not really. 

i didn't mean have both lol. but @Master Zik was talking about "elite" and CP was the only one that came to mind.
Teague is great, but idk about elite. i would rather give him a similar contract to Noah, than give it to CP or Rose tbh. he's also like what 26? 27? let's not give a big contract to another player over 30 please. i don't think the Rose experiment is working her in NYC. not bc of what happened recently, but he's just not a good fit. he is and always will be a score first PG. it worked in the Chi (at the time) bc no one else could really score. now that he's here, he doesn't need to score, but it's in his DNA. kind of like what's happening with Melo, but worse bc your PG is supposed to get the other 4 guys involved. we went from 1 extreme to another. from Caldo who couldn't score to Rose who only wants to.
Jeff would be great because he can penetrate and he can pass (not elite passer). He chooses his moments when to score, etc. 
Patient on offense and with his long wingspan, he definitely play good defense. 

I think Jeff is 27 and will be looking for a good contract. 

This is all I ever wanted. An elite past first pg that can penetrate.
CP3 is the "elite" PG that fits that description. a lot of these star PGs are score first nowadays. i really wish we went after Jeff Teague.
Yeah, I know. I've known this since Melo came here. Hell Melo knew the deal when he got a few months of being a Knick. Even LeBron knew it :lol:

Probably won't happen but if it does something will happen where it'll end up a worst case scenario. May be ppl start calling him old and out of his prime too.

I don't know if it's wanting Dolan to sell the franchise or maybe just scrapping the entire roster and management system and starting from scratch cuz I don't just want to see a slightly changed team falling in to the same ol Knicks patterns.

As for Teague, eh I can see how that could collapse of he came here alone. Just based off of the contract we'd probably give him

You guys think a backcourt of CP3 & Rose would work?
Sure with Rose shifting to the 2/off guard but I'm not greedy, we don't need Rose. We can do without him.

Funny thing with the rose situation is that people on fb are actually defending what he did! At least this thread is on the same page about that.

Back
Top Bottom