Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

He bounced to the Chi on disciple business and didn't inform the team, didn't answer his phone. What's the big deal? :rolleyes

Edit to add I'm being sarcastic. Very very crackish of DRose imo...

Last edited:
what's worse, going home because of a breakdown or missing a game due to "rest" and the player isn't even injured?

Being a grown man, getting paid millions and having a mental breakdown like a homesick elementary school kid at bandcamp, is pretty hard for me to wrap my head around.

Never heard anything like it in all my years watching professional sports or life in general.

I've had a family member almost die while I was at work. I walked out without informing anyone but please believe I took 30 seconds to call a supervisor at my ****** lil 9-5 to inform them of my disappearance and that was that.

Dude took a whole *** plane ride to Chicago and ignored team calls because he needed "space".

Who does that?

And how serious was the issue that he could be back the next day?

He's obviously lying. "Family issue" is cheapest excuse in the book. You got players wives dying of cancer and people's family member's getting murdered and they handle it like men.

All of his statements are about how he felt emotionally and not wanting to play basketball anymore...dude just cracked. Same **** he did in Chicago.

Family definitely comes first and the game meant nothing, it's just another sign of Rose's makeup to me.

Last edited:
Being a Knicks fan depresses me

I feel like that stupid girl who has false hope and believes that things will change. I feel like that girl who stays home all day and night faithfully while my lover is out banging mad chicks raw and contracting all types of stds and gives no f*** bout sliding it right inside of me.

y'all wouldn't be making this such a big deal if we were winning...

But we're not winning.

His on court deficiencies are bad enough but missing training camp because you're thirsty to be third in a train and now this?

He just got here and he's already adding to the circus.

I'm sick of the whole franchise and him already.

Rose was never meant to be here for a year so I could really care less plus he's not a very good basketball player at this point but...

The bigger issue is that he wasn't suspended or reprimanded in any way. A little fine and he's back in the starting lineup. Dude went AWOL cause he cracked and they placed him back.

#HandMasaiOrRCBufordABlackCheck

that's the problem tbh. i think a lot of us just need to step back and not care so much about this team/game. yeah, it's tough being a fan, but at the end of the day it's just basketball. this **** shouldn't be stressing you guys out THIS much.

Being a Knicks fan depresses me

I feel like that stupid girl who has false hope and believes that things will change. I feel like that girl who stays home all day and night faithfully while my lover is out banging mad chicks raw and contracting all types of stds and gives no f*** bout sliding it right inside of me.

giphy.gif

It's not stressing me out IRL.

Rose is just becoming irritating to me. Especially in light of all the hypocritical caping that I see for him.

Marbury's dad died in the middle of a game...in MSG...AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN INFORM HIM.

And he still handled himself way more professionally. People still ripped him.

I defended Rose's stupidity during the rape case but now i see why so many Bulls fans were fed up with him.

He should just retire and focus on his mental health, cause it's clear he doesn't have it all together upstairs.

Why y'all Rose stans deflect to Melo every time Rose is being talked about?

Sounding like Trump.

Players have family emergencies all the time. All you have to do is inform someone.
Because unlike Rose, Melo is with the Knicks long term. 

That is concerning since he's the "leader" and he have taken KP under his wings. He's gotta lead by example and not get ejected just because he doesn't get things his ways. 

That's the difference. If you're a Knick fan, which I am not, but if you're a Knick fan, you would want Melo to stay on the court and lead the team. Getting ejected doesn't help the team. 

Different circumstances. 

I can't believe people are defending Rose in here, we can tell who actually works and who doesn't. Unless your physically unable to, there is no reason to not let someone associated with your employer know you have a family emergency. And to the guys thinking moving is so tough...I'm sure he can afford to keep his place in Chicago for this season and not have to move all his belongings. Also what about military families that move from base to base? It's not like rose is the only person that this has ever happen to.

You guys are still talking about the Rose situation? Hasn't this been addressed and done with? The Knicks have moved and so should we.

To be frank, the team has bigger problems than Derrick Rose missing a game and going AWOL for a few hours. Let's focus on the game tonight against Philly. Hopefully we can get this win and start getting the team going again.

that's the problem tbh. i think a lot of us just need to step back and not care so much about this team/game. yeah, it's tough being a fan, but at the end of the day it's just basketball. this **** shouldn't be stressing you guys out THIS much.
people got opinions on this. cause they don't share your opinion don't mean they're stressed out about all this. means nothing in the scheme of things. this is the knicks thread in case some of y'all forgot

So it's irrelevant that Rose didn't show up to the game and Knicks still would've lost. Melo got ejected, still lost. 

Knicks losing consecutively is the real issue. I'm not defending him, i'm just stating logically because some of these opinions are just far out of the rectum that should've been kept to one-self. 

Most of you don't even want Rose on the team after this season so what's the big deal? Rose is only going to hurt his stock and if he can't come back from it, oh well, so be it.. Sucks for him, really un-adult like but hey, not everyone person are the alike and have the same traits of morals and etiquette of being a professional. 

And to say who work and who doesn't work, what that even mean. Lol, I work and I travel to different location for my job, I am not going to temporarily move my family to different location every single time that my job assign for me to do. I understand why folks do it but understand that some folks DON'T do it. 

A peace of mind is all would be warranted. 

everything got better all of a sudden for rose when everyone started inquiring about his whereabouts

boom back to normal as soon as it becomes a big deal

You guys are still talking about the Rose situation? Hasn't this been addressed and done with? The Knicks have moved and so should we.

To be frank, the team has bigger problems than Derrick Rose missing a game and going AWOL for a few hours. Let's focus on the game tonight against Philly. Hopefully we can get this win and start getting the team going again.
Bulls game tomorrow too, back to back. 

Should be interesting to see how the Knicks will carry themselves. I'm hoping for them to succeed. 

So it's irrelevant that Rose didn't show up to the game and Knicks still would've lost. Melo got ejected, still lost. 
Knicks losing consecutively is the real issue. I'm not defending him, i'm just stating logically because some of these opinions are just far out of the rectum that should've been kept to one-self. 

Most of you don't even want Rose on the team after this season so what's the big deal? Rose is only going to hurt his stock and if he can't come back from it, oh well, so be it.. Sucks for him, really un-adult like but hey, not everyone person are the alike and have the same traits of morals and etiquette of being a professional. 

And to say who work and who doesn't work, what that even mean. Lol, I work and I travel to different location for my job, I am not going to temporarily move my family to different location every single time that my job assign for me to do. I understand why folks do it but understand that some folks DON'T do it. 

A peace of mind is all would be warranted. 
I think the work comment was regarding people being accountable for their actions. While you wouldn't move your family for work I'd bet you would let people know if you weren't able to make it to where you were supposed to be...

I think the work comment was regarding people being accountable for their actions. While you wouldn't move your family for work I'd bet you would let people know if you weren't able to make it to where you were supposed to be...
That I would do because I know the proper etiquette to inform my employer, plus, I can get fired and I wouldn't want that since I don't have a guaranteed contract under my name. 
That would be nice! 
laugh.gif

I really don't think the Rose thing as as huge a deal as we're making it out to be.

There's no excuse, but you know the media was clamoring for a story to jump on. This isn't the end of our season.

Thats exactly where the work comment was going. Having a modicum of professionalism and character.

Any who back to tonight's game. Is Rose playing? There is no reason we should lose tonight whether he plays or not. I hope KP tells oakafor to keep it under 100 and puts up some numbers on the overrated number 3 pick.

Back
Top Bottom