OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Speaking of Campbell, if he turns his head he's gonna lead the SEC in INT's this year...nobody throwing at Stokes after a few games
10508 cardo jr ln 10508 cardo jr ln sounds like Korey Foreman was at Clemson this weekend.

Clemson 247 guy said “Clemson is the clear cut leader for Justin Flowe” and put in a crystal ball today :lol:

He seems to be doing a quick Southeast tour. He went to Athens after he left Clemson, now he's at Bama

Who is stokes?

No funny business, I was out of the loop for a lot of **** last year

Eric Stokes. Track guy, took a year to learn the position and came in after Campbell was benched last year and Campbell never saw starter minutes again. Played just as good as DeAndre Baker down the stretch. Kid is the goods.

Clemson dropped that game changing bag this weekend. Apparently he’s moving up his commitment date

Clemson apparently killed it on his visit. But end of the day he’s the same as Bru McCoy and Chris Steele. He wants to stay home and has some family members that don’t even want to let him leave California. However Biggins and Martinez have talked about how he has one family member in particular that wants him at Clemson, “unless USC wins 10 games or hires Urban Meyer.”

He could commit this week to Clemson and I’d still think it’s 60/40 USC until Helton wins 6 games and is retained.

We over here talking big boy recruiting Cardo. Quit chiming in on things you and your fan base know nothing bout. If he enrolls at Clem in December we’ll see him in the fall.

Hopefully Sewell plays EDGE in college. The days of the 250+ ILB are over.

There’s a debate on this on the SC boards. John Houston is 6’3” 220-225 and got moved from the ill to Mike. They’re arguing back and forth whether or not he’s too small to play inside since most inside linebackers have to be 240-250 lbs.

Eric Stokes. Track guy, took a year to learn the position and came in after Campbell was benched last year and Campbell never saw starter minutes again. Played just as good as DeAndre Baker down the stretch. Kid is the goods.

That Georgia secondary is gonna be crazy this season. Stokes, Campbell, JR Reed, LeCounte and I've heard nothing but good things about Stephenson during the spring. I think that overall our defensive backfield will be better despite losing a 1st round pick at corner

Clemson apparently killed it on his visit. But end of the day he’s the same as Bru McCoy and Chris Steele. He wants to stay home and has some family members that don’t even want to let him leave California. However Biggins and Martinez have talked about how he has one family member in particular that wants him at Clemson, “unless USC wins 10 games or hires Urban Meyer.”

He could commit this week to Clemson and I’d still think it’s 60/40 USC until Helton wins 6 games and is retained.

A flip from Clemson? Yeah, good luck w/ that :lol:

croots gonna croot so anything can happen, but I’d doubt it

78F33281-250F-47B9-836B-9B7A88F8FB28.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
A flip from Clemson? Yeah, good luck w/ that :lol:

croots gonna croot so anything can happen, but I’d doubt it

78F33281-250F-47B9-836B-9B7A88F8FB28.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl:

There’s a lot going on with Flowe. I honestly don’t think it’s smart for the top south eastern schools to keep reaching out west for kids they may not be able to hold on to but I get it, SC, UCLA and the whole Pac are down so why not :emoji_shrug:

Posted by Greg Biggins on the Clemson board:

“It's not as much to do with tradition or mystique but location. He's very close with his family and not just a parent but grandparents, uncles, etc, they're all involved and all have wanted him at SC because it's close to home and they want to be able to see him. Like I said, Clemson is in a good place right now but long way to go in this one.”

The same way you’re not dragging a kid out of the south and away from his mom to come play in Seattle, South Carolina is very far away and very different from Southern California. It took Bama moving Tua’s whole family and EVEN then he was ready to transfer out middle of his freshman year. It’s not even a matter of flipping him from Clemson. A commitment from a top kid 1000 miles away who is still waiting to see how USC and UCLA perform doesn’t mean anything.

That Georgia secondary is gonna be crazy this season. Stokes, Campbell, JR Reed, LeCounte and I've heard nothing but good things about Stephenson during the spring. I think that overall our defensive backfield will be better despite losing a 1st round pick at corner

We've never had depth in the secondary like this either. Need LeCounte to step up in run support and just as a tackler period. Kid is the worst tackler I've seen since Tray Matthews and probably even worse than him. Reminds me of Bryan Evans out there too often. Fully expect Otis Reese to take minutes from him if it's not fixed early in the season.

lol @ Nako saying national brands shouldn't recruit nationally because the commit may not stick. 10 years of mediocrity dun fried ya brain.

There’s a debate on this on the SC boards. John Houston is 6’3” 220-225 and got moved from the ill to Mike. They’re arguing back and forth whether or not he’s too small to play inside since most inside linebackers have to be 240-250 lbs.

He's fine, especially for college and for a conference like the Pac 12 that mostly plays in space. The guys that used to get labeled as "tweeners" and "undersized" are the new prototypes for the position. Bobby Wagner is barley 240, and guys like Kuechly and Deion Jones are both sub 240. The two young guys the Cowboys have are "prototype" size, but they are both freaks. Most guys that size can't move like that.

The days of the Bryan Cox, Junior Seau, Levon Kirkland sized guys are done. Dont'a Hightower is likely the last holdout and NE has to get creative just for him to be able to stay on the field during passing situations.

Those guys would have been spun down to EDGE today, and guys like Lewis, Urlacher, and Zach Thomas who had to bulk-up because they were undersized would have been perfect for today's game, and might have been even better players (especially Urlacher).

Back
Top Bottom