OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think we have a really good chance this year to see if the committee actually gives a **** about conference championships

casper90403 casper90403
nako xl nako xl

Anything to this?

I don’t put too much stock into this since it’s coming from Scott Wolfe. He’s a has been that is bitter at the program.
I find it hard to believe after an agreement, Bohn was told he could not pursue Urban. That’s a conversation that should have come up within the first 20 minutes.

casper90403 casper90403
nako xl nako xl

Anything to this?

No. Scott Wolf Is cited as the basis for that report and he doesn’t have any sources. He hasn’t been at a USC practice in like 5 years. He makes **** up and it’s 99.9% anti USC because he’s had a bone to pick since Carroll froze him out and Sark banned him from campus. He also retracted that story this evening and said Bohn is coming but he thinks Urban still won’t.

There’s something weird going on with Urban Meyer and the LA Fox studios. Mostly that it seems no one is allowed to talk about him being associated with jobs.

People have been noting that cowherd has been completely avoiding the Urban and USC rumors this year and hasn’t asked him about them. He also hasn’t asked Reggie about the usc job either.

Last edited:
Goofy *** rankings to start. LSU CLEARLY should be #1. I almost think it's in their best interest to lose a close one in T-Town just as to not have to play that extra game. Their resume will still be better than anybody else in the top 4. If Bama loses they're out.

Think we have a really good chance this year to see if the committee actually gives a **** about conference championships

I think if Bama loses there’s no possible way for them to make the playoff. Let us pray Joe gets the job done :pimp:

I should rephrase that: 1 loss Bama gets in over any 2 loss conference champion and debatably a 1 loss Big12 or Pac 12 champ (except maybe Oregon since they have an SEC loss.) If Bama’s only loss is to undefeated LSU it’s gonna be valued over a team that lost to Kansas State, USC, or whoever Baylor loses to.

Haven’t we seen that same scenario play out before?

I should rephrase that: 1 loss Bama gets in over any 2 loss conference champion and debatably a 1 loss Big12 or Pac 12 champ (except maybe Oregon since they have an SEC loss.) If Bama’s only loss is to undefeated LSU it’s gonna be valued over a team that lost to Kansas State, USC, or whoever Baylor loses to.

Haven’t we seen that same scenario play out before?

Nope. In 2017, Bama got in over a two-loss Big 10 champ, Ohio State and even that was up for debate. If Bama loses and Oklahoma, Oregon and/or Utah only have one loss, Bama is getting left out. LSU might have a shot if they lose given their tougher schedule

Winner of the B1G gets in (penn state or Ohio state) barring an upset in the CCG

Let’s say LSU runs the table and wins the SEC, they’re in. Or with Georgia sitting at 6 if they win out they’re in. They have a bad loss but beat a top ten Florida and a ranked Notre dame

Clemson will play nobody with a pulse so they’re in

That leaves a one loss Oregon/Utah, one loss Oklahoma, and potentially the loser of Penn State/Ohio State if it’s close

There’s no way Bama gets in unless teams ahead of them get upset along the way

Winner of the B1G gets in (penn state or Ohio state) barring an upset in the CCG

Let’s say LSU runs the table and wins the SEC, they’re in. Or with Georgia sitting at 6 if they win out they’re in. They have a bad loss but beat a top ten Florida and a ranked Notre dame

Clemson will play nobody with a pulse so they’re in

That leaves a one loss Oregon/Utah, one loss Oklahoma, and potentially the loser of Penn State/Ohio State if it’s close

There’s no way Bama gets in unless teams ahead of them get upset along the way
I agree the road to getting 2 SEC teams in is if Bama beats LSU this weekend, which make no mistake they will, but let’s play with the hypo:

Bama’s gonna get a bump no matter what. They have upcoming games against presumably top 10 LSU and Auburn; there’s no chance a 1 loss Bama non-conf champ gets left out for a 1 loss non-conf champ Ohio or penn State.

They’ll have a weak resume but people will say look at Alabama, we can tell they’re still one of the best teams in the country.

Paul Myerberg saying on the AP Podcast that while Willie Taggart didn’t do anything to make the argument for him keeping his job, he started at FSU with less rope and under more scrutiny than his peers and that it’s 100% due to race.

I think it was Feldman who mentioned yesterday how in an anonymous coaches poll on “most overrated coaches” Taggart got 30% of the vote and Franklin and Shaw were both in the top 10. I think we talked about that before here.

FSU gets a pass with how they handled this is if they had a guaranteed name coming aboard to replace him, something we see in this business. Is anyone seeing that tho? :lol:

My guess is Campbell wont entertain much less than a real NFL gig until Purdy probably declares after next season. They lost some great talent there after last season, but I can only assume they expect big things next season in Purdy's Junior year. After that, he's probably gone.

For those in the know...what's been Frank Solich's story post-Nebraska? He's been at Ohio forever like he's their version of Bill Snyder. No other jobs came knocking or he's completely at home with finishing there? It's probably too late in his career now anyway, but to think he's held the post of Ohio's HC since the mid-00s is rare.

IIRC this is supposed to be Solich’s last year.

Unlike the NFL it’s hard for retreads to get much traction in CFB, and it wasn’t until recently that people have come around to the fact that he should have never been fired.

Damn Rutgers really may hire schiano back. I wonder if he can make them halfway decent this time, seems like they’re far worse than they were the first time he went there

Damn Rutgers really may hire schiano back. I wonder if he can make them halfway decent this time, seems like they’re far worse than they were the first time he went there
Worse now than BEFORE he took the job last time? That can’t be true?

Norvell is great, but I hope that a 500k buyout isn't a factor after spending 20mill to get rid of Willie.

Back
Top Bottom