OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Charlie did great at Louisville as the head coach once he got his players and system after his second yeat. I wish he would've taken a break after the Texas job.

————
Like... South Florida?

He just sucks, man. Not a head coach.
Nah Willy and Quinton Flowers have USF thinking they are something they aren’t.

————
Herm Edwards about to hire Hue Jackson as OC at ASU lmao. Hue gonna be running that exotic heavy motion Cincinnati stuff.

Last edited:
All i know is that not too many people want to take the head coaching position at Ole Miss. I would snatch up Charlie in a heartbeat if I could.

Charlie struck gold with Teddy Bridgewater and has been a below-average to bad coach in every other season he's been a head coach.

Disclaimer: I might be completely off and Charlie just sucks as a HC

That said, it wasn't just Teddy, it was also Devante Parker, Preston Brown and that defense. Charlie built that. He isn't a BAD coach. He's just a stubborn and silly coach. I think it was Chip Patterson that mentioned he wins playing great defense and boring UGA style pro-style offense. That's how they killed UF with Teddy.

He let UT's fanbase and boosters bully him into running the spread because it's all they do in Texas HS's and it doesn't fit with his defenses or coaching style. Then he got to USF and had Quinton Flowers and that roster and kept doing the same spread stuff when it's not his real identity and style. He's been trying to do things he can't instead of going somewhere where he has 100% control of the personnel and identity/philosophy of the team.

Disclaimer: I might be completely off and Charlie just sucks as a HC

That said, it wasn't just Teddy, it was also Devante Parker, Preston Brown and that defense. Charlie built that. He isn't a BAD coach. He's just a stubborn and silly coach. I think it was Chip Patterson that mentioned he wins playing great defense and boring UGA style pro-style offense. That's how they killed UF with Teddy.

He let UT's fanbase and boosters bully him into running the spread because it's all they do in Texas HS's and it doesn't fit with his defenses or coaching style. Then he got to USF and had Quinton Flowers and that roster and kept doing the same spread stuff when it's not his real identity and style. He's been trying to do things he can't instead of going somewhere where he has 100% control of the personnel and identity/philosophy of the team.

The "the offense doesn't fit with his defense" excuse doesn't work anymore when only a small minority of teams now run anything close to what could be considered "pro style", and it's not like the **** he was running at Texas year 1 was working either.

USF is an elite G5 job that on paper was a perfect fit for him, there's no excuse to go 4-8 in year 3. Charlie just ain't cut out to be a HC unfortunately.

You don't win in college football today doing what Charlie Strong is suited to or needs to do offensively.

The two dinosaurs that were doing it (LSU and Bama) got away from it and won't ever go back.

He's a dinosaur. And while I can't speak for what's happened at USF, his issues at Texas ran a hell of a lot deeper than "couldn't run what he wanted to". He was a train wreck.

Trace Armstrong working double time :lol:

———
in re: our Graham Harrell discussion, if you’re UTSA why not take a chance on him?

Daaaaaamn that's crazy.

Didn't his son or someone have a medical condition that kept him pretty confined to the Pacific Northwest?

Did not see this coming. Probably felt that if he couldn't get it done with what was supposed to be his best QB since being in Seattle, it just wasn't to be.

Back
Top Bottom