OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

I’m almost at the point where cost of living won’t outweigh quality of live and peace of mind…The extremes in different regions of this country is growing too much of a gap and I know what type of environment n political/social climate I need to be in even tho no place is perfect

Buying a house in the middle of nowhere just to be able to say you have 2500-3000 sqft isn’t the move. I need a better quality of life.

I’m used to DC Metro area so I’d be miserable buying a house in Fredericksburg or Stafford just to say I own a house. I’m not ready for that pace of life yet.

Buying a house in the middle of nowhere just to be able to say you have 2500-3000 sqft isn’t the move. I need a better quality of life.

I’m used to DC Metro area so I’d be miserable buying a house in Fredericksburg or Stafford just to say I own a house. I’m not ready for that pace of life yet.

I mean, if the person (or people) are happy with those conditions. Some folks like to live in a secluded area.

I like the country but I wouldn’t do it it just to put up a cheap house. It’s still has to be a sick location. Not some random field with trash land and 40 acres.

I could do rural NorCal easily if I could afford it.

I mean, if the person (or people) are happy with those conditions. Some folks like to live in a secluded area.
I know of one couple that recently moved from the Hollywood Hills to some quiet North Carolina area with lots of land and not much else. I was puzzled by it but like you said they’re happy with the new place.

Long as you stay in or near (very near) a city in Texas you'll be alright. Austin and Harris County are fine places.

I just don't feel like dealing with Houston traffic on a daily basis though.

Some folks just get fed up with the city lifestyle. I could never though.
I think that’s exactly what happened. The wife also mentioned wanting her newborn to be in better schools or something about less crowded.

I agree, I’m more a city type person as well.

Even when I moved to Dallas 4 years ago from CA I was already feeling some energy from my co workers. Can't imagine what folks are feeling now when I'm certain so many more are moving there

They'd make subtle comments about rising property taxes and rising prices in general because of transplants. Little digs here and there to my face lol. In general a lot of folks would straight out tell me "aren't you glad to be out of that **** show in CA?" :lol: I knew what they were getting at and before it turned political I'd get a lil defensive and start listing off what TX didn't have compared to CA

With that said I loved living in Addison, Dallas, Plano and The Colony. Great neighborhoods. There were some times I felt like I was getting stared at lol but it was whatever. I felt at home when I went out to the clubs and bars in Deep Ellum and Uptown

Austin though... damb. I might f around and move there if I ever get the chance. Good to be back in CA but jobs aren't easy to come by at least for me. Currently looking

Even when I moved to Dallas 4 years ago from CA I was already feeling some energy from my co workers. Can't imagine what folks are feeling now when I'm certain so many more are moving there

They'd make subtle comments about rising property taxes and rising prices in general because of transplants. Little digs here and there to my face lol. In general a lot of folks would straight out tell me "aren't you glad to be out of that **** show in CA?" :lol: I knew what they were getting at and before it turned political I'd get a lil defensive and start listing off what TX didn't have compared to CA

With that said I loved living in Addison, Dallas, Plano and The Colony. Great neighborhoods. There were some times I felt like I was getting stared at lol but it was whatever. I felt at home when I went out to the clubs and bars in Deep Ellum and Uptown

Austin though... damb. I might f around and move there if I ever get the chance. Good to be back in CA but jobs aren't easy to come by at least for me. Currently looking

I didn’t see any black people not working when I was in Austin in the spring. Granted I wasn’t there very long.

DFW you just gotta know where to be and it’s straight. I don’t talk to co workers anyways so forget them. But I’ve been here for a minute

I’m almost at the point where cost of living won’t outweigh quality of live and peace of mind…The extremes in different regions of this country is growing too much of a gap and I know what type of environment n political/social climate I need to be in even tho no place is perfect
Yeah plus COL going up across the board to the point where some of these spots lost their only real advantage.

Yeah I learned quick how to avoid certain co workers who all they did was spout off they views and **** and somehow work in how terrible CA was

Granted there were some truths to what they were saying lol but still. Overall if I had my family and friends out in Dallas I think I could def live there

There's a Lake/Beachfront neighborhood in Falls Church called Lake Barcroft that's about 20 mins from the city that looks ideal to me. But of course that 2 million dollar homes.
lake-barcroft.jpg

You just got to be blunt with some of these people. They'll shut up real quick most the time.

About half of my co workers are from California, so I'm good.

Although sometimes hearing endless stories about Montana and Rice when football comes up can get tiring. Old Montana walked on water, I swear :lol:

Asked why the hell they'd want to move to this specific part of the state. It's always jobs and money reasons. That and it's not very far from Houston anyways.

Can't imagine giving up my fitted hats to be safe in an area. Another couple of years I'll be ready for that middle of nowhere life, people suck :lol:
Come down here and wear a Seattle Mariners hat like it’s just a hat and I guarantee a person will throw it away in a week if it hasn’t already been taken.

It is what it is 🤷🏿‍♂️

Come down here and wear a Seattle Mariners hat like it’s just a hat and I guarantee a person will throw it away in a week if it hasn’t already been taken.

It is what it is 🤷🏿‍♂️
I can dig certain fitted hats being checked but fitted hats in general, nah. That alone is reason enough to move to Texas :lol: y'all can have it.

Imagine having to double think what kind of hat you can wear or buy. What a miserable existence. When my cousins from LA told me that stupid **** while trying to convince me that LA is better than NY, I just shook my head.

Imagine having to double think what kind of hat you can wear or buy. What a miserable existence. When my cousins from LA told me that stupid **** while trying to convince me that LA is better than NY, I just shook my head.
Yeah no disrespect to their culture but i'm too old to be doing that ****.

Hats must be a huge deal to some, lol.

Hat or no hat I’m still glad to be living in Southern California. The weather, the amusement parks, beaches, lakes, got Mexico just a few hours drive.

Back
Top Bottom