OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Let me get this straight, so people in cali can get the max $950 after taxes in unemployment biweekly, and an additional $600 weekly or biweekly?
And they want to give another 2 racks a month?!

Can someone genuinely explain to me why they care how much people are getting in unemployment and checks? Ok, so let's say that makes them lazy and not want to work...and? How does that effect you if you're not lazy? I don't understand it. You don't live a great life with $30,000 a year. And the extra unemployment help is for an unprecedented time. People like to tout the enormous GDP but operate from such a mindset of scarcity. If you're the type to be cool with whatever the government gives you and stop trying to grind, you were never destined for anything great anyway.

Did you guys owe? Pretty sure the general consensus is, if you paid or owed in 2018 & 2019 then the IRS does not have your DD info, and you’ll most likely get a check. Checks are being distributed low to high income.

I know people who owed and they were prompted to enter their payment info on the IRS site.

I owed and get the "payment status not available" dead end.

Like I said before, there's no consistency. So trying to decipher it seems pointless.

For the "payment status not available people":

This recently updated answer highlights a very key point that wasn’t included earlier - one of the reasons you get this error is if “The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.

In other words, they don’t know your status because they haven’t fully processed your information. If you recently filed a tax return for 2019 or used their Non-Filer form to give them your banking information, they just haven’t processed that new information yet. It also doesn’t include information for those who receive benefits through Social Security or Veterans Affairs.

As they work through the data entry backlog, your information is only updated once a day. When it is, your status will first change to show you where they are direct depositing your stimulus check, including the last few digits of your bank account. Then, it’ll show the date the transfer is set to occur.

At this point, there isn’t anything you can do to speed along the process. It’s merely a wait and “check once a day” to see what the IRS has been able to update.

It’s not good news but at least now you know why you keep seeing the “Payment Status Not Available” error message - and that there’s nothing anyone can do about it except wait.

This recently updated answer highlights a very key point that wasn’t included earlier - one of the reasons you get this error is if “The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.

In other words, they don’t know your status because they haven’t fully processed your information. If you recently filed a tax return for 2019 or used their Non-Filer form to give them your banking information, they just haven’t processed that new information yet. It also doesn’t include information for those who receive benefits through Social Security or Veterans Affairs.

As they work through the data entry backlog, your information is only updated once a day. When it is, your status will first change to show you where they are direct depositing your stimulus check, including the last few digits of your bank account. Then, it’ll show the date the transfer is set to occur.

At this point, there isn’t anything you can do to speed along the process. It’s merely a wait and “check once a day” to see what the IRS has been able to update.

It’s not good news but at least now you know why you keep seeing the “Payment Status Not Available” error message - and that there’s nothing anyone can do about it except wait.

Appreciate you sending this. I take it that my mom is in this boat? As of this morning she sees "Payment status unavailable" and she is a recipient of an SSA-1099 form. She says she doesn't need to do anything further and that it'll be direct deposit for her as opposed to paper check? Does that line up? getback getback

Appreciate you sending this. I take it that my mom is in this boat? As of this morning she sees "Payment status unavailable" and she is a recipient of an SSA-1099 form. She says she doesn't need to do anything further and that it'll be direct deposit for her as opposed to paper check? Does that line up? getback getback

There's honestly no consistency. I've seen people in my exact situation prompted to enter their DD info and then get a date for when they'll get a check or direct deposit. Yet I get the dead end "payment status not available."

For now I'm just gonna keep checking back daily and assume they'll eventually add my data, because I've already done what they've said to do, by filing for 2018.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why they care how much people are getting in unemployment and checks? Ok, so let's say that makes them lazy and not want to work...and? How does that effect you if you're not lazy? I don't understand it. You don't live a great life with $30,000 a year. And the extra unemployment help is for an unprecedented time. People like to tout the enormous GDP but operate from such a mindset of scarcity. If you're the type to be cool with whatever the government gives you and stop trying to grind, you were never destined for anything great anyway.
Idk if this was directed to my question but I only ask because people are getting that after taxes so that’s net pay. Grocery workers on the front line don’t even make that in gross pay, let alone can’t get a differential or hazardous pay.

A week ago I logged on and put my DD info as they didn’t have it on file, do ya know how long it takes to get it after that? Btw they did confirm i was eligible, but didn’t say how much...

A week ago I logged on and put my DD info as they didn’t have it on file, do ya know how long it takes to get it after that? Btw they did confirm i was eligible, but didn’t say how much...
No firm dates, could be this week could be next could be a month from now. But you should be good eventually!

This definitely explains it for me. I just filed my 2019 taxes on 4/1 so I'm pretty sure this is why I'm receiving payment status not available. I'll check once a day and assume they'll get the info in within the next 30 days or so.

Havent filed in 2019, but i did file in 2018.
Still getting the unavailable at this time message. No updates yet for me

Back
Top Bottom