OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

But it shouldn't matter if you filed 2018 though, right?

Correct. The IRS has said you would have needed to file in at least 2018 or 2019 to receive the stimulus.

IRS even extended deadline for 2019 filing. They wouldn't have done that if they were trying to get this money distributed.

They just added unemployment for “gig” workers here in MA and I tried to apply but I got denied, I think it’s because it asks if you made over $5,100 at a taxable job which I did. It says I might be eligible for regular unemployment so just I filed for my normal job + my side (amazon, independent contractor) and I’ll see what happens. I’m still working just less hours

Last edited:
Havent filed in 2019, but i did file in 2018.
Still getting the unavailable at this time message. No updates yet for me

Same here. Really curious as to what process they're using to distribute these payments? It just seems to be going in a random order.

Last edited:
Correct. The IRS has said you would have needed to file in at least 2018 or 2019 to receive the stimulus.

IRS even extended deadline for 2019 filing. They wouldn't have done that if they were trying to get this money distributed.
Theres a link on the IRS site for people who dont normally file taxes or aren't required to file taxes to sign up for the stimulus payment. 20200421_074747.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think they will give $2k a month i think they would rather open the economy back up and let people go back to work and risk their health before they give everyone $2k a month.

Finally my gf has clarity on the status of her check. It looks like yesterday at attempt was made to DD into the bank account on file that's been closed. Today, it says a check will be mailed to the home address on file on the 27th.

Site says my check will get mailed at the end of the week. Didn’t have the option to enter my info for direct deposit. Probably a good thing. Been tempted to get a leather jacket and new tv.

I still have the message that I’m eligible to receive it with no information on whether it will be deposited or mailed within any time period. This is extremely frustrating.

I signed up for dd on the get my payment app then the site said I would receive the check in that account. 2 days later it says your check will be mailed on the 24th wtf, then I check today a paper check in the mail 1200$ with Donald j trump name on it lmao. I ain’t trippin at least it came.

Back
Top Bottom