OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to only add to the dumpster fire KU football has and currently is the team held a meeting and that Les has not been removed. He still remains on administrative leave and no decision has been made on his future. Decision is coming soon.

Getting rid of Mark Mangino might be the worst firing of the last couple of decades.
Mangino at Kansas and Leach at Tech are neck and neck for me.
He's probably (rightfully) gonna drag LSU down with him.
LSU is playing a MEAN game of deception right now...

Don't want all the skeletons dug out so they're throwing Les under the bus hard hoping that distracts everyone and makes the mob disappear.

Getting rid of Mark Mangino might be the worst firing of the last couple of decades.

So, the Mangino firing is certainly one of the many KU Athletic Department hack jobs but there was some very interesting things going on behind the scenes at the end of the Mangino era. First and foremost being he was in the midst of an all out power struggle with the AD at the time, Lew Perkins and it didn’t help his cause that he was also in riding a nine game losing streak. Not mention about the half team loved the guy and the other half hated him. The half that hated him went vocal on their claims that he was ‘abusive’ and that was all it took to get him out. Hindsight is 20/20 but now a decade plus later between Gill, Weis, interim Bowen, Beaty and soon to be Les Miles they are a combined 21-108. Pitiful.

Mangino at Kansas and Leach at Tech are neck and neck for me.

LSU is playing a MEAN game of deception right now...

Don't want all the skeletons dug out so they're throwing Les under the bus hard hoping that distracts everyone and makes the mob disappear.

LSU knew exactly what they were doing and so far it is working. Deflect blame else where with a good old fashioned smear campaign. As washed up as Les is his name still has some ‘power’ left behind it so all we are hearing about right now is what an absolute creep and awful guy Les is when in all realities LSU knew all about what Les was doing and did nothing about it much less all of the serious allegations that have happened since.

Les Miles left LSU and nothing changed. It's probably gotten worse.

It's been a scummy program since Saban got there. And once Nick left, those cajun losers have done everything in their power to make sure they never went back to irrelevance.

It's gotten gross.

Nick Chubb isn't down with Rush's interpretation of events. The idea that if he needed money he would stay in college as opposed to going pro makes no sense.

Last edited:
I still don’t get how Les went from LSU to Kansas. I know things weren’t great at LSU but damn what a mean drop off

-----

I remember this name:

"So this guy played at Oklahoma under Bob stoops. Stoops is moving to LA and will be the Fox host taken over Meyer’s position. Both of them are from Ohio. It’s obvious that stoops will be the USC coach in 2021! Bohn playing chess not checkers"

Last edited:
I'm fully aware that players are being paid but believing anything Rush Propst says is idiotic :lol:
Rush Propst knows more about what goes on in the SEC than 99% of people on this planet. If we all believe that players are being paid, why do we think he specifically is lying here?

Rush Propst knows more about what goes on in the SEC than 99% of people on this planet. If we all believe that players are being paid, why do we think he specifically is lying here?
Why SHOULDNT we believe Rush Propst?

tenor.gif

The idea Georgia high school coaches are pushing that Propst is at the same time not credible on the topic of paying players, but also guilty of the same is ridiculous :lol:

I’d give Fritz a look if I was KU. He’s really familiar with the JC scene (two time JC champ at Blinn) which IMO is a must if you want to win at either KU or KSU.

I’d say Lance Leipold but I’m not trying to trigger langfor5 langfor5 by suggesting another Buffalo coach.

which is funny because out of all of the HCs the KU AD has hired Turner might have been the best out of all of them. He was way over his head but still had the most promise.

I’d give Fritz a look if I was KU. He’s really familiar with the JC scene (two time JC champ at Blinn) which IMO is a must if you want to win at either KU or KSU.
I’ve heard his name thrown around. His age, at 60 is some what of a concern but hey, it’s KU FB and we just hired Les Miles so pot meet kettle.

As bad as KU FB has been at least this time around the job is some what more promising. The back end staff is actually at a Big 12 level and more importantly the scholarship number has been evened out after the weis and Beaty debacle. I’m told that there was even some initial interest in the job when it was ‘known’ Miles was going to be on fired.

Is KU a better job than Tulane? :lol:

----

I'm kinda bummed I haven't seen a Les Miles article yet with the headline "Les Miserables!" Seems like a layup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom