OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant Texas the school :lol:

But I’m in Illinois. I went to undergrad at U of I and then tOSU grad school. There ain’t nothing bad about Illinois...just bad weather, high taxes, state is broke, corrupt elected officials :lol:

200w.gif

Jeff Long caught the guillotine.

GOOD.

Scum bag made a career harboring Petrino, Les, Pitino and (maybe) to a lesser extent Bill Self.

if there was ever a poster boy for the good ol’ boys club he would and should be the first picture listed. It should be criminal how much money he has fleeced from universities throughout the years.

Jeff Long caught the guillotine.

GOOD.

Scum bag made a career harboring Petrino, Les, Pitino and (maybe) to a lesser extent Bill Self.
What're his ties to Pitino? But yeah it's long been said that he's a pos.

watching ultra capitalist politically conservative USC (and other schools) board posters do mental gymnastics to explain why regional public school sports are dying is amusing. It’s almost like if you gentrify LA, cut funding to all the public schools, refuse to close the wage gap and drive out all the people of color who actually play and excel at the sports you’re interested in and that your coddled kids suck at, city sports participation and national prominence will decline. Who’d have thunk it?

There’s been discussion about how schools like Hawkins and Narbonne who excelled despite this and interrupted the recruiting stream, drew the ire of the powerful private and catholic schools and were both quickly placed on probation for various violations and killed off.

Last edited:
Texas Decommitment Season in full swing EARLY this year...

Evan Stewart bounced.

Ohio State or Bama?

Also - Florida got a commit from Nick Evers... Last QB with Aggie family ties worked out well for Florida. Nick's fantastic - way better than where he's ranked right now. Will rise.

Texas Decommitment Season in full swing EARLY this year...

Evan Stewart bounced.

Ohio State or Bama?

Also - Florida got a commit from Nick Evers... Last QB with Aggie family ties worked out well for Florida. Nick's fantastic - way better than where he's ranked right now. Will rise.
You're a Texas QB homer though :lol:

jk

My man Willie Fritz deserves better than Kansas FB

He does, but he’s got his age and the“option guy” label working against him, even though what he does is a completely different thing than what the academies do.

Chadwell I think is going to have a similar problem getting a decent P5 job.

Homer take here. Bare with me, yall but this KU job isn't half bad. Facilities are about mid level, plenty of deep pockets and fans here (and KU alums every where) want to get behind football. The roster, at least on paper is the best it has ever been since probably 2009 and the coaching staff here has some guys. Before Miles got here this program was AWFUL but he did a lot to make this program legit. With him it was never about wins or losses but more about can you bring legitimacy to this program again.

Homer take here. Bare with me, yall but this KU job isn't half bad. Facilities are about mid level, plenty of deep pockets and fans here (and KU alums every where) want to get behind football. The roster, at least on paper is the best it has ever been since probably 2009 and the coaching staff here has some guys. Before Miles got here this program was AWFUL but he did a lot to make this program legit. With him it was never about wins or losses but more about can you bring legitimacy to this program again.
After listening to SZD yesterday, I kinda agree. No true reason why KState can have success but KU can’t. Stacking bad hire on top of bad hire is crippling, though.

It's not nearly as bad a job as it looks on the surface.

If you can win at Iowa State and Baylor, you can win at Kansas.

And yet one guy in the schools history has won double figure games. One time.

Odds are it’s a pretty terrible job. Probably the worst in P5.

And yet one guy in the schools history has won double figure games. One time.

Odds are it’s a pretty terrible job. Probably the worst in P5.
But it shouldn’t be. Why can KSU be good at football and KU isn’t? There’s no logical reason there.

But it shouldn’t be. Why can KSU be good at football and KU isn’t? There’s no logical reason there.
There’s a lot of factors. Maybe it’s the rule of 1.

It could be the fact that’s it’s hard to attract talent and top coaches to Kansas and football being a secondary consideration to basketball at the school makes it even harder because most coaches don’t want to play second fiddle. Kansas doesn’t have a lot of in state talent, no program history to tout, and a difficult path to a conference championship and playoff. Why should they be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom