OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many kids went undrafted and the crazy part is nobody should be shocked. OG Griffin. Come on man. I want to know who advised him. He's nowhere near close to being an NFL DB. Wasn't even very good in college.

Get that degree

Jamie Newman sitting out really hurt him. Dude was decent at WF, had all that (unnecessary) hype before going to UGA, then sat out. Horrible plan

so many kids went undrafted and the crazy part is nobody should be shocked. OG Griffin. Come on man. I want to know who advised him. He's nowhere near close to being an NFL DB. Wasn't even very good in college.

Get that degree
Friends and others probably got in his ear. He graded out as a legit lockdown corner but his size and fact he had like 1-2 INTs in 3 seasons shoulda told him he wouldn’t get drafted early.

Warren G told him to stay in school and he went and declared anyway without telling him.

Jamie Newman sitting out really hurt him. Dude was decent at WF, had all that (unnecessary) hype before going to UGA, then sat out. Horrible plan
He sat out for covid and non football reasons was the word.

UGA board insiders tried to slander him and falsely claimed he had an assault allegation or something that he was mutually parting ways over.

He sat out for covid and non football reasons was the word.

UGA board insiders tried to slander him and falsely claimed he had an assault allegation or something that he was mutually parting ways over.

When Newman opted out I said that he would really need to have a compelling story as to why he was opting out at the time he did.

Why come to fall camp, take all of those reps and wait until 3 weeks prior to the season starting to opt out if COVID is genuinely your concern? We'd known about COVID since last March. Obviously NFL teams weren't buying his story.

All of the mock drafts that had him going high or projections based on him having a successful season. Now he's just a raw, rusty player without good film.

Maybe the rumor s that he was afraid of JT Daniels taking his job or true. This still wouldn't make sense to me because JT wasn't healthy until midway through the season.

The worst part about it is because we all know some agent or handler got in his ear and told him that acting out wouldn't hurt his draft stock.

I can't front, as a Georgia fan I'm getting nervous about the Jamie Newman hype train. NFL.com, SB Nation, Bleacher Report and Sports Illustrated all put out early 2021 mock drafts with Jamie Newman going in the first round. I think he's incredibly talented and the potential is there, but isn't it a pretty big leap to assume a player will be a first-round pick when we haven't even seen him play for his current school or in his current scheme? I think that's a lot of pressure to put on someone who we haven't seen play.

I don't think he was getting early round buzz at Wake was he?
Screenshot_20200427-121210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200427-121357_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200427-120658_Chrome.jpg

My Jamie Newman post didn't age well. 😂😂😂

Friends and others probably got in his ear. He graded out as a legit lockdown corner but his size and fact he had like 1-2 INTs in 3 seasons shoulda told him he wouldn’t get drafted early.

Warren G told him to stay in school and he went and declared anyway without telling him.

I never understood anyone seeing him as a lockdown corner. I always thought saying he was average was being generous.

Best known for show boating for no reason at all.

I never understood anyone seeing him as a lockdown corner. I always thought saying he was average was being generous.

Best known for show boating for no reason at all.
Cuz he literally was lockdown. On bigger receivers too. He gave up like 300 yards receiving in his career. Teams stopped throwing at him. But Pac 12/Notre Dame comp is different than NFL.

Bills signed him.

Last edited:
My Jamie Newman post didn't age well. 😂😂😂

Nah he got unnecessary hype when it was announced he was going to UGA. Maybe he could’ve improved his draft stock had he played but before that you as well as everyone in here didn’t understand the random hype

Then again I feel that always happens when a QB transfers to a big school

Nah he got unnecessary hype when it was announced he was going to UGA. Maybe he could’ve improved his draft stock had he played but before that you as well as everyone in here didn’t understand the random hype

Then again I feel that always happens when a QB transfers to a big school
It was bizarre how wild people went over a dude that was just OK at Wake.

Medicals or staff weren’t giving good feedback?

Add in the film (for both) and the off the field stuff for Marv (this past summer w/ the whole tweeting situation w/ Norvell) , the weirdness of a Covid football season & you have all the makings of going undrafted

Marv never really played up to the billing he came w/ out of HS. At least not consistently. Also know that he’s had knee issues that probably got him dinged a bit in scouts eyes. I don’t know that the coaches would have talked bad about him

Terry is a bit of a one trick pony at this point w/ inconsistent hands. He doesn’t always make the plays that you’d expect a guy of his size/speed to make and idk that he tested as well as some scouts thought he would. And I’m sure he didn’t get the most glowing of endorsements from Dugans. He also had to sit out a bit as well w/ injury & he actually left the team for a bit prior to him opting out because of issues he had w/ the staff.

Last edited:
As long as you got options and of course you can play UDFA isn’t the worst thing in the world. You and your agent can be ‘picky’ on the best spot where you believe you can succeed. You also have to realize the odds are stacked against you and instead of getting multiple reps you may get one or two a practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom