OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor (1).gif

tenor.gif

The ideal would have been for them to just hire a football guy.

Maybe they're going to move everything to Vegas now though and embrace NBC and betting.

Last edited:
woah, I actually worked with George Kliavkoff's team some 15 years ago when he was at NBCUniversal.

TOUGH.

But he gets things done and knows how to market whatever he is handling.

TBD

I wanted Oliver Luck because its a natural fit for him. Lets see how GK does. Anything is better than Larry.

woah, I actually worked with George Kliavkoff's team some 15 years ago when he was at NBCUniversal.

TOUGH.

But he gets things done and knows how to market whatever he is handling.

TBD

I wanted Oliver Luck because its a natural fit for him. Lets see how GK does. Anything is better than Larry.
On a positive, this George guy doesn't sound like he has any college fanboy interests unlike the prior guys so maybe he's more inclined to look at the conference objectively, recognize it's cash cows, and prop SC up like the other conferences do theirs.

Lol ASU blocked them from interviewing Bama's AD Greg Byrne because he was previously Zona's AD. Clowns.

The presidents and chancellors veered away from interviews with some traditional candidates. One source close to the hiring process said the conference did not focus on Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith, who bowed out early anyway. Another source said sitting Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne -- who also removed himself from consideration -- wasn’t contacted for an interview either. (Arizona State president Michael Crow, I’m told by a source, essentially locked Byrne out.)

Smith should have been pursued harder, especially after he said he was out. Byrne, who worked at Arizona as AD and held posts at two other Pac-12 universities, should have been interviewed if only to hear what he’s learned in the SEC. Even if the conference wanted a new-world media-focused hire, it should have talked with some of the best still succeeding at the highest levels in the old world.

:lol: The football facilities are unmatched.

But the campus looks like a prison. :lol: :lol:

All the buildings are the same tan-ish brick and style.

30 minutes for the rest of our lives ... :lol: :lol:

So corny from the outside looking in it's hilarious.

He literally quoted Varsity Blues. No veteran NFL player is gonna listen to the 3rd string tight end give a rah rah speech.

We are years away from him actually attending a college, but this Stacy Gage kid at IMG ( '24 RB) is going to be ridiculous come his Sr season (barring injury).

Going to be one of those nationwide, Top 5 program type recruiting battles

We are years away from him actually attending a college, but this Stacy Gage kid at IMG ( '24 RB) is going to be ridiculous come his Sr season (barring injury).

Going to be one of those nationwide, Top 5 program type recruiting battles
yeah he will. Jack Pedersen put me onto him a couple of months ago. Says he's ridiculous. 5'11 and 190. he's going to be a thumper. I think from Bradenton. Can't go wrong with kids from there.

USC already offered.

He literally quoted Varsity Blues. No veteran NFL player is gonna listen to the 3rd string tight end give a rah rah speech.

Timmy's best days have come and gone. It would be best for all of us if he showed up to camp, got quietly 'released' and he went back to public speaking and autograph signings.

Now that being said dude was a flat out winner in college and his 'playoff' days in Denver were wild. Had the whole city on fire.

yeah he will. Jack Pedersen put me onto him a couple of months ago. Says he's ridiculous. 5'11 and 190. he's going to be a thumper. I think from Bradenton. Can't go wrong with kids from there.

USC already offered.

There's enough RB's West of the Mississippi for you guys to concern yourself with. Keep your hands off him :lol:

Pretty cool to hear that from Pedersen though, sounds in line with what a bunch of folks have been saying about him. There's some rumors that he may be committing to a school soon but I bet that gets axed

Man, I haven’t been back in years, but there must have been some SERIOUS updates if he thinks the campus is that nice. Used to look like a campus for a mental institution.

i was thinking the same. :lol: it is probably the only campus he’s been to if it is “the nicest campus I’ve ever been to”

Indiana is doing a nice job with the Florida kids they are recruiting. They’re players who are very talented but may not check off all the checkboxes that would cause other bigger schools in the area to go after them but they are still very good players. The type of kids that get in a system and a S&C program
and 3 years down the line you’re like how the hell did he end up at Indiana of all places

Indiana is doing a nice job with the Florida kids they are recruiting. They’re players who are very talented but may not check off all the checkboxes that would cause other bigger schools in the area to go after them but they are still very good players. The type of kids that get in a system and a S&C program
and 3 years down the line you’re like how the hell did he end up at Indiana of all places
Give it a year. Deland McCullogh is going to start stealing a southeastern RB or two that the ACC/SEC wants.

Deland’s probably the guy there when/if Allen leaves right?
Yup. An SC guy he's friends with said he went back because there's a path there for him to be HC when Allen moves on to a bigger job.

That the top teams want? Doubt it

Deland is a REALLY good coach and recruiter and now he has the super bowl pedigree and is Asst. HC. 2020 showed that team can win and be fun. They're not beating Bama for kids, but who is? If they keep having 8-10 win seasons they'll win a battle or two against schools you think they shouldn't have a shot against.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom