OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting move. This kid wasn't particularly good at LSU. I wonder if he's going to Auburn as a depth piece, quarterback of the future or if he has a legitimate shot to beat out Bo Nix, whose been super mid.
Lol he’s not beating out Nix. Kid is still a major work in progress

"wasn't particularly good" is being really nice. :lol:

He was terrible.

He's not beating out Bo Nix.
He wasn’t terrible. And wasn’t he a true freshman?

08F974FD-A48C-4C09-A1D2-D328D288B99E.jpeg

He also has really good physical tools to be a solid pocket QB.

If some of y’all held the players on your roster to the same standards you do others...

Last edited:
He wasn’t terrible. And wasn’t he a true freshman?
A few of those games he was really bad. The South Carolina game was the best game but it quickly went downhill once teams had some tape on him. There's no chance he's beating out a senior Bo Nix. He's a project with some upside if he can put it all together. Worth it for Auburn

:lol: I'm not gonna have that conversation with Nako when all he's probably seen of Finley is that game log.

He was bad. Max Johnson basically drove the bus in 5 games last year and ran away with the job.

Finley tweeted out something along the lines of "if I decide to go to Auburn, its because I know I can take his job."

He looks the part. But he just doesnt have it. Dude could barely complete 50% of his passes his senior year.

Still disgusted with myself for arguing with a "talent evaluator" who had Finley ranked ahead of DJ.

:lol: I'm not gonna have that conversation with Nako when all he's probably seen of Finley is that game log.

He was bad. Max Johnson basically drove the bus in 5 games last year and ran away with the job.
You got it. A true freshamn struggling in his 5th game against the defending national champion and in his 4th game against a TAMU that you waste energy all year telling us is awesome and "would be ____ if just for," and behind what was a bad O line and mediocre coaching. And now he's terrible? How did Mond do against Bama as a freshman?

dacomeup dacomeup is corny for enabling that "all Nako's seen" talk from you flyover state fans too. You know I delight in schadenfreude far too much to not pay attention to what's happening around Orgeron.

Kellen Mond's best game as a freshman under Sumlin was against Bama. But that's besides the point.

Finley's film in high school wasn't very good. Bad thrower. He was bad in the action he saw as a freshman.

Is his absolute best-case scenario a less-mobile Feleipe Franks?

Serious question, would Bo Nix get dragged as much as he does if he wasn’t a 5* coming out of HS?

Some of his lack of development I put on Gus too.

Doesn’t the criticism usually correspond to the hype? Right or not, no one is out here slandering 3 star QBs who no one knew about.

Doesn’t the criticism usually correspond to the hype? Right or not, no one is out here slandering 3 star QBs who no one knew about.

True, his case reminds of a lot of guys though who are pushed up rankings because how physically/skill wise mature they are, rather than what their tools suggest they could be in 3-5 years.

I know these talent evaluators say they base things off NFL potential but I feel like we see this with QB’s and OL a lot.

Last edited:
Looks like Derion Kendrick is heading to UGA after his dismissal from Clemson. Dudes a good player if he can keep his head right.

Passed out in the drivers seat drunk with a gun doesn’t help :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom