OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coaches know more than I do but I would be concerned about landing 2 West/ West Coast QB's in the same class should Duffy decide on FSU (which I don't think he will). I think they're always a risk to bolt and head back closer to home esp at a position like QB where only one can play at a given time. Though it may be mitigated a bit by the fact that the other QB from out west is actually from Colorado not Az where he currently lives, I'll still be a bit concerned.

From Biggins:

- Nicco Marchiol said his commitment to Florida State remains strong but he does intend to take all five official visits. He has June dates locked in with Michigan State (June 4) and West Virginia (June 11) and is looking at Arizona State, Arkansas and Ole Miss as potential visits down the road as well. The Noles could also get an official visit and he said once he's done with all of his visits, he'll make a final decision.

He was all locked in until Duffy committed but ever since that commitment he's been scheduling OV's and UV's elsewhere. Sounds like a kid who is looking for a new/better opportunity elsewhere if one presents itself. I kinda figured something like that would happen and had FSU landed a different QB (Say MJ Morris) instead of Duffy then I think he would still be locked in. He was told from the beginning that 2 QB's would be recruited for the class and even he himself helped to recruit Duffy to Tally.

nako xl nako xl

Last edited:
From Biggins:

He was all locked in until Duffy committed but ever since that commitment he's been scheduling OV's and UV's elsewhere. Sounds like a kid who is looking for a new/better opportunity elsewhere if one presents itself. I kinda figured something like that would happen and had FSU landed a different QB (Say MJ Morris) instead of Duffy then I think he would still be locked in. He was told from the beginning that 2 QB's would be recruited for the class and even he himself helped to recruit Duffy to Tally.

nako xl nako xl
Duffy is a depth chart watcher and wants to start ASAP. I would bet your coaches promised him either Marchiol would be encouraged to look around or that he was their #1 over Nicco. Doesn't mean they didn't make similar promises to Marchiol but I bet you some of that has gotten back to him. Especially if ASU is involved bc they're salty over AJ and they have a rep for dirty mackin. Would be funny if Norvell lost both kids.

---

casper90403 casper90403

Last edited:
I don't even think its negative recruiting that prompted it (though it very well may be), I just don't think Nicco ever really believed AJ would commit. They've been on Nicco since he was a Soph, want 2 QB's and love his fit in the offense so I'd be very surprised if they pushed him out. As I understand it they've been open from the jump that those two (along w/ MJ) were at the top of their board and it was first come first serve for spots.

I don't even think its negative recruiting that prompted it (though it very well may be), I just don't think Nicco ever really believed AJ would commit. They've been on Nicco since he was a Soph, want 2 QB's and love his fit in the offense so I'd be very surprised if they pushed him out. As I understand it they've been open from the jump that those two (along w/ MJ) were at the top of their board and it was first come first serve for spots.
Yeah I mean it could certainly be a USC and Jake Garcia/Miller Moss type situation.

Yeah I mean it could certainly be a USC and Jake Garcia/Miller Moss type situation.
Except both of those dudes seem to be better prospects. Should FSU lose any sleep over Nicco going elsewhere? Was not very impressed with his highlights.

Except both of those dudes seem to be better prospects. Should FSU lose any sleep over Nicco going elsewhere? Was not very impressed with his highlights.
Yeah I don't know. Most of the west coast QBs were under scouted because of abbreviated seasons so I think it's tough to judge how good or bad any of them are. No one in the PAC seemed to be fighting to keep Nicco out west though.

EDIT

Well, not entirely true: I did hear ASU talk about Nicco last year but that was early when they thought Duffy was a lock to SC and because Chandler HS is practically on ASU's campus.

We are years away from him actually attending a college, but this Stacy Gage kid at IMG ( '24 RB) is going to be ridiculous come his Sr season (barring injury).

Going to be one of those nationwide, Top 5 program type recruiting battles
USC already offered.

There's enough RB's West of the Mississippi for you guys to concern yourself with. Keep your hands off him :lol:

tenor.gif

Matt must have some great authority he will be in line for the dream job of his lifetime to pass up on money like that to stay in Ames.

I was gonna say. They're trying to tell us with all the college coaches throwing tantrums about free-waiver transfers, NIL, and trying to get NFL attention, and one of them from a middling P5 gets the whole bag from the league and turns it down. For what? A shot at Michigan? USC? Yeah, ok.

Kids are skipping their senior years of HS this year too

There were rumors he got into it with the coaching staff at his HS and “opting out” was a means of cutting off catching a boot out the door or a suspension he’d have to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom