OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brock is just built different. The player in college football with the least approve is working the hardest to come back from injury.

That’s not a plot twist at all. It’s not illegal to have signs, it’s illegal to obtain them in the way Michigan may or may not have done :ohwell:
This is basically the same thing. Ohio State is just doing the pre game scouting for Purdue before the championship game. It definitely goes against the spirit of the sportsmanship rule. You can’t have teams scouting a single team and colluding to assist a future opponent in stealing their signs either. It’s a loop hole that needs to be closed.

This is basically the same thing. Ohio State is just doing the pre game scouting for Purdue before the championship game. It definitely goes against the spirit of the sportsmanship rule. You can’t have teams scouting a single team and colluding to assist a future opponent in stealing their signs either. It’s a loop hole that needs to be closed.

It is not the same thing if the-signs-were-obtained-legally. I’m not sure how to simplify that any more for you. Michigan is not in trouble for stealing signs, Michigan is being investigated for (potentially) ILLEGALLY stealing signs. As far as teams communication amongst each other before playing a common opponent, that happens quite a bit. You don’t think a staffer from Florida has ever called someone they’ve worked with before/know from Tennessee and chatted about what to expect when playing UGA? Cmon now. To be punished under the sportsmanship rule, one has to break a code of conduct. Sharing Intel is not breaking B1G or NCAA rules.

Last edited:
Uniforms vs MSU :pimp:
IMG_3083.jpeg

It is not the same thing if the-signs-were-obtained-legally. I’m not sure how to simplify that any more for you. Michigan is not in trouble for stealing signs, Michigan is being investigated for (potentially) ILLEGALLY stealing signs. As far as teams communication amongst each other before playing a common opponent, that happens quite a bit. You don’t think a staffer from Florida has ever called someone they’ve worked with before/know from Tennessee and chatted about what to expect when playing UGA? Cmon now. To be punished under the sportsmanship rule, one has to break a code of conduct. Sharing Intel is not breaking B1G or NCAA rules.
This goes beyond simply just sharing intel and once again this goes against the spirit of the rule. You have multiple teams creating an entire system using spreadsheets and possibly video for the sole purpose of aiding a future opponent of Michigan to steal their signs. The only difference is Michigan did it as a solo act and these other schools did it as a group. This is no difference in the fact that the teams are using information gathered in person prior to playing the opponent. You’re trying to make it sound like coach B simply called coach C and asked what works when playing Team A. Once again They colluded to create an entire system to steal signs. Using the advantage being able to use the other team to do their in person scouting as to not get caught breaking the rule. In no other sport do you see opponents coming up with spreadsheets and communicating with other opponents on helping each other steal signs of a single team.

I feel almost certain that Michigan wasn’t the only team sending ppl to games sitting in stands watching signs. Some of the extent that Michigan did? Sure. But I have a feeling this is much more widespread.

This goes beyond simply just sharing intel and once again this goes against the spirit of the rule. You have multiple teams creating an entire system using spreadsheets and possibly video for the sole purpose of aiding a future opponent of Michigan to steal their signs. The only difference is Michigan did it as a solo act and these other schools did it as a group. This is no difference in the fact that the teams are using information gathered in person prior to playing the opponent. You’re trying to make it sound like coach B simply called coach C and asked what works when playing Team A. Once again They colluded to create an entire system to steal signs. Using the advantage being able to use the other team to do their in person scouting as to not get caught breaking the rule. In no other sport do you see opponents coming up with spreadsheets and communicating with other opponents on helping each other steal signs of a single team.

Ah yes so 13 other teams all got together to share info against Michigan. I am 100% confident that Michigan didn’t share any of their info with other teams that were going to play the teams they scouted.

Any other whataboutisms?

I feel almost certain that Michigan wasn’t the only team sending ppl to games sitting in stands watching signs. Some of the extent that Michigan did? Sure. But I have a feeling this is much more widespread.

Hell nah they aren’t, they’re just the ones who may have gotten caught. Same with paying recruits back in the day, everyone was doing it but whoever got caught was singled out. Hopefully at the end of all of this they finally just put comms in helmets like every other level of football

Last edited:
Hell nah they aren’t, they’re just the ones who may have gotten caught. Same with paying recruits back in the day, everyone was doing it but whoever got caught was singled out. Hopefully at the end of all of this they finally just put comms in helmets like every other level of football
Should have been doing comma the whole time. This is also why I don’t think they’re going come down on Michigan though.

Is Alabama guaranteed a playoff spot if they win out?

In a scenario where we have:

Undefeated Big ten champion OSU/Michigan
Undefeated Pac-12 champion Oregon
Undefeated ACC champion FSU

And the final playoff spot comes down between a one loss Big 12 champion, Texas versus a one loss SEC champion, Alabama, would Alabama get in? Alabama would objectively have a stronger resume but Texas won head to head

Ah yes so 13 other teams all got together to share info against Michigan. I am 100% confident that Michigan didn’t share any of their info with other teams that were going to play the teams they scouted.

Any other whataboutisms?
You’re attempting to exaggerate my point to invalidate it by saying 13 teams when there was no mention of the entire league in my comment.
Purdue gained the exact same advantage with the help of Ohio State and Rutgers.
The spirit of the rule is to only allow you to steal signs in real time and from recorded broadcast coverage. The minute Purdue received an entire spreadsheet of stolen signs that was acquired from any method other than the two mentioned above they were just as guilty as Michigan in my opinion. So was Ohio State and Rutgers for aiding them

How does that go against the spirit of the sportsmanship rule? Coaches collaborate all the time. Michigan used to hold joint practices and satellite camps with other staffs where they’d coach and recruit together, so their fanbase complaining now is :lol:

You’re attempting to exaggerate my point to invalidate it by saying 13 teams when there was no mention of the entire league in my comment.
Purdue gained the exact same advantage with the help of Ohio State and Rutgers.
The spirit of the rule is to only allow you to steal signs in real time and from recorded broadcast coverage. The minute Purdue received an entire spreadsheet of stolen signs that was acquired from any method other than the two mentioned above they were just as guilty as Michigan in my opinion. So was Ohio State and Rutgers for aiding them

Just as guilty? Eh that’s a stretch but it’s still not breaking any set rules. So again you’re comparing coaches collaborating (which happens probably weekly) to allegedly illegally sending people to games to record sidelines. So no, it is still not the same.

Last edited:
FSU has looked the best this year with UGA right there. I don’t know why but this year the top 4 teams don’t really pass the eye test as great but that could change

Back
Top Bottom