Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

Couldn't find a pic of the pomade I'm using, but it's One N Only Argan oil pomade.

From this line.

onenonly_ban.jpg
it work pretty good bro?

I've had waves since elementary school and 360's since junior high and the entire time I used pomade almost daily. When I was in college I started researching hair more and learned that pomades typically aren't the greatest things to put in your hair so I stopped using it in favor of natural moisturizers with no sulfates, mineral oil, parabens, etc. About 2 years ago I stopped using moisturizers and started only using healthy oils in my hair.

The other day I was going to take some professional photos for my job and decided after about 4 years of no pomades, I would put some wave grease in my hairs so my hair would lay throughout the day and look really good for my photos. Not only did it feel gross, sticky and tight on my head not letting any air through, but it didn't even make my hair look better. Just made it look sticky :smh:

Had to spend 45 mins in the shower washing it all out lol. I'm back to just healthy oils in my hair. I recommend wavers dump the pomades, but hey different strokes for different folks I guess.

My waves (the cut and the fade isn't great lol. I'm still learning):

Last edited:
I've had waves since elementary school and 360's since junior high and the entire time I used pomade almost daily. When I was in college I started researching hair more and learned that pomades typically aren't the greatest things to put in your hair so I stopped using it in favor of natural moisturizers with no sulfates, mineral oil, parabens, etc. About 2 years ago I stopped using moisturizers and started only using healthy oils in my hair.

The other day I was going to take some professional photos for my job and decided after about 4 years of no pomades, I would put some wave grease in my hairs so my hair would lay throughout the day and look really good for my photos. Not only did it feel gross, sticky and tight on my head not letting any air through, but it didn't even make my hair look better. Just made it look sticky
mean.gif

Had to spend 45 mins in the shower washing it all out lol. I'm back to just healthy oils in my hair. I recommend wavers dump the pomades, but hey different strokes for different folks I guess.

Nice bro so what do you use? What type of oils?

I've switched it up. I was using organic jojoba oil and coconut oil from whole foods since I get my groceries there. I stopped once one night I was taking a shower and washing my hair and the next morning there was about 8 ants in the tub and I have a 4 yr old immaculately clean house. Ive stopped using the food oils and am currently using Shea Moisture Argan oil & raw Shea dry oil mist. I'm not sure if Shea Moisture's products are as natural as they claim, but it doesn't have mineral oils, sulfates, etc. I've been using it for about 4 months since a little goes a long way. Also, it's actually a skin moisturizer but on the label it also says you can use on your hair for a skinny finish. It's been working good on my hair so far but everyone's hair is different:

http://m.target.com/p/sheamoisture-...ging-softening-dry-oil-mist-4-oz/-/A-15047115

I've switched it up. I was using organic jojoba oil and coconut oil from whole foods since I get my groceries there. I stopped once one night I was taking a shower and washing my hair and the next morning there was about 8 ants in the tub and I have a 4 yr old immaculately clean house. Ive stopped using the food oils and am currently using Shea Moisture Argan oil & raw Shea dry oil mist. I'm not sure if Shea Moisture's products are as natural as they claim, but it doesn't have mineral oils, sulfates, etc. I've been using it for about 4 months since a little goes a long way. Also, it's actually a skin moisturizer but on the label it also says you can use on your hair for a skinny finish. It's been working good on my hair so far but everyone's hair is different:

http://m.target.com/p/sheamoisture-...ging-softening-dry-oil-mist-4-oz/-/A-15047115
Kool im going to check it out cause im tryna get these dips ASAP Thanx G

The other day I was going to take some professional photos for my job and decided after about 4 years of no pomades, I would put some wave grease in my hairs so my hair would lay throughout the day and look really good for my photos. Not only did it feel gross, sticky and tight on my head not letting any air through, but it didn't even make my hair look better. Just made it look sticky
mean.gif

I'm in the DFW as well..What part you from fam? Also you did a pretty good job on that cut considering you did it yourself..I might have to try that shea moisture out, because pomade dries your hair out and as you stated it really isn't healthy on our hair....

it work pretty good bro?

Yeah. It's not petroleum based and is not heavy or greasy. A little goes a long way. I also use argan oil spray when I'm not leaving the house to keep my hair moisturized. I had to start with a pomade to lay my hair down after having curls for 2 years.

@illmactic kid Thanks fam! I used to work in Fort Worth off W 7th St. I live in Arlington though.

@Ibrigs I'm using Andis improved masters.

ok ok should look into the cqp brushes, I'm trying to a couple more but they're expensive
dont look for exoensive brushes.. 5-8 dollars should be good enough... ive bought a few 3 dollar joints that were perfect texture for me... its hard finding one for your hair. My hair isnt too course but its that soft so i apply the same to my brushes.. finding bristles that arent too hard or too soft so my hair gets maximum brushability... if thats a word we'll take it... lol

Last edited:

mean.gif

@illmactic kid Thanks fam! I used to work in Fort Worth off W 7th St. I live in Arlington though.

@Ibrigs I'm using Andis improved masters.
Oh ok that's what's up fam...I'm actually from fort worth..I'm practically in arlington all the time though due to a lot of my friends living out that way...

Last edited:
Pomades have never worked well for me. The only joint that's been even close to decent is 360 style.

Even when I had a legit 360 pattern pomades would leave my ish feeling icky as hell

Pomades have never worked well for me. The only joint that's been even close to decent is 360 style.

Even when I had a legit 360 pattern pomades would leave my ish feeling icky as hell
Same here..Only joint I used was 360 style and my hair felt gunky as hell too..What's good to use nowadays? 

Back
Top Bottom