****OFFICIAL _ASHINGTON _IZARDS 08-09 SEASON THREAD 13-44. WE SHOULDA GAVE OBAMA AN OFFER SHEET****

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

The bench showed up tonight. Good W. Hopefully, they can build on it.... or not. They need to just suck the rest of the year and get a high pick haha. Anyway, Dominic impressed me tonight with his energy. Are the Pistons really that bad now? How the mighty have fallen.
That's what i was thinking to myself as well. Curry didn't even play J.Maxiell and he always kills us like Buckhantz said and hedidn't even play Rasheed towards the end. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep losing that Dumars just don't get rid of Curry and bring in someoneelse like a Avery Johnson? Curry's salary cant be that much, bcuz wasn't he on Flip Saunders bench b4 they hired him? Anyway I like the way Dominicplayed tonight and his defense is tough
pimp.gif
We will really see what we looklike on Thursday when we have to go up against the Celtics
ohwell.gif

good win for the boys!!! but the wiz kids always play the pistons and the celtics tough. i guess coach tap got these dudes believing in the new system...

Wizards get two guards in trade

The Washington Wizards, Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets have agreed to a three-team trade that will bring twonew guards to the Gilbert Arenas-less Wizards.

The Wizards will receive New Orleans' Mike Jamesand Memphis' JavarisCrittenton in the exchange, with the Hornets acquiring Washington's Antonio Daniels and the Grizzlies coming away with a futurefirst-round pick. New Orleans also received a conditional second-round pick from Memphis.

Arenas has yet to play for the Wizards since signing a new $111 million contract in the offseason after undergoing surgery on his left knee. A firmtimetable for Arenas' comeback has not been established, but he has yet to be cleared to participate in contact drills, making a return by Jan. 1 -- asArenas initially hoped -- seem unlikely.

The pick is a conditional first-rounder that Memphis had sent to Washington in the trade to acquire Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro in the 2007 offseason. Navarro returned toclub power FC Barcelona in his native country this season.

The Wizards released guard Dee Brown to make rosterroom for their new players.

The Grizzlies had been expected to part with at least one point guard this season after stockpiling several. Crittenton, taken 19th overall by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2007 draft, arrived in Memphis in February aspart of the Pau Gasol deal.

James had fallen out of favor in New Orleans under coach ByronScott and hadn't played in nine of the Hornets' past 10 games. Daniels, who has been a fixture on Washington's playoff teams over thepast three seasons, is averaging 5.1 points, 3.6 assists and 22.4 minutes in 13 games.

bumtonio is gone! hip hip hooray! i'd like to see what crittenton can do. he was just in a bad situation with the crowded backcourt in memphis.

now if we can find a suitor to get rid of that bum etan i'll be a happy man
pimp.gif

we're making moves!

but seriously, it's about damn time..AD had a nice stay with us but I've think we've all grown tired of him just dancing around on the court.

and yes, we have to move this bum Etan out, someway somehow..

Dee is a good player though, hopefully he ends up somewhere good.

Crittenton is a pure beast (left G.Tech after freshman year). He just has never got the opportunity/playing time in the pros.

He may be a true steal for the Wizards if he can be consistent.

I will predict that, if he gets the playing time, he'll show Young up, as he can play the point and the 2.

i think it was dumb to trade are first round pick tho, we could have had a chance to atleast get a top 10 pick in next years draft if wizards continue to playpoorly. this years college basketball class is lookin really deep too.

Originally Posted by eclipse915

i think it was dumb to trade are first round pick tho, we could have had a chance to atleast get a top 10 pick in next years draft if wizards continue to play poorly. this years college basketball class is lookin really deep too.
I think it was the conditional 1st rounder that we got in the JCN deal to Memphis....

I like the move to get Crit. He's young, and will have a chance to get some quaility minutes here in DC. He SHOULD be starting by next week.

moving bumtonio was a good thing....but i think they should have kept dee brown....and crit will b a good pickup...he can hoop, the lake show used to have him

good to rid ourselves of daniels...all he does is the statue of liberty layup and end up on the ground... dee brown, thank the lord he's gone; heprovided nothin ...crittendon is a good pickup, he just needs to learn the game... and mike james may be lightning in a bottle!!!

I thought you guys might like this:

JaVale McGee, Wizards
Although Lee's roller-coaster ride was interesting, McGee's was far more exciting (and a lot shorter).

In Chicago on Saturday, McGee started for the Wizards and blocked a shot on the first possession of the game. Next, he blocked two shots on the second possession (both on Derrick Rose attempts). Then he blocked a fourth shot before the game was even three minutes old. He also mixed in an excellent driving finish, a power dunk and a hook shot in his 11 minutes of play.

Yes, he played just 11 minutes the entire game, despite committing only two fouls. Six points on 3-for-4 shooting and four blocks in 11 minutes. As the starting center. Now that's a thrill ride.
That's from ESPN's rookie report for the week.

4 blocks in 3 minutes and he gets benched for the rest of the game? Tapscott was supposed to play the young guns more, not bench them when they're en routeto their best games smh

I'm not a big fan of this trade. I actually like Antonio Daniels - he's far more reliable and better for your locker room than Mike James. The problemis, he just can't stay healthy. If you wanted to dump Daniels' salary, so be it, but the trade for James fails in this respect. James has a playeroption for '09-'10 and nobody's giving him full mid-level, so it's already a foregone conclusion that he'll re-up for $5 mil and change. The slight difference in salary between the two players was more than offset by the acquisition of Crittenton.

Basically, we wound up trading Daniels and JC Navarro for James and Crittenton. I really don't see either of those two as an upgrade to the players wegave up, and I was never a JC Navarro fan.

Is Crittenton really better than a late lottery pick? The one we traded was top 19 protected this year, so obviously we weren't getting it, but unless theGrizzlies remain awful for the next 5 years (and, granted, there's a substantial chance of that being the case) you were still looking at a pick in the midto late teens.

I'd love for Crittenton to turn out, and I'm neither shocked nor disappointed to see that the "fastest man in the league" Dee Brown was thefirst guy out the door, but this doesn't make us a better team right now, it doesn't make us a more competitive team in the free agent market, and bytrading away one of the team's veteran leader's it's painfully clear that we're just playing for ping pong balls - and in early December, noless.

A Wizards home jersey fastened to a pole should be viewed as the new international symbol for surrender.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

I thought you guys might like this:

JaVale McGee, Wizards
Although Lee's roller-coaster ride was interesting, McGee's was far more exciting (and a lot shorter).

In Chicago on Saturday, McGee started for the Wizards and blocked a shot on the first possession of the game. Next, he blocked two shots on the second possession (both on Derrick Rose attempts). Then he blocked a fourth shot before the game was even three minutes old. He also mixed in an excellent driving finish, a power dunk and a hook shot in his 11 minutes of play.

Yes, he played just 11 minutes the entire game, despite committing only two fouls. Six points on 3-for-4 shooting and four blocks in 11 minutes. As the starting center. Now that's a thrill ride.
That's from ESPN's rookie report for the week.

4 blocks in 3 minutes and he gets benched for the rest of the game? Tapscott was supposed to play the young guns more, not bench them when they're en route to their best games smh

Those substitution patterns/rotations remind me of someone who used to coach here....
smh.gif

inexcusable...

daniels??? reliable??? i think the last time he was reliable was at bowling green!!! he consistently passes up open shots, and cant stay healthy. sure,he's good in the locker room, but sometimes you have to take chances to shake things up. hopefully ol ernie has some more shuffling in store...

You all gave up a first round pick?

Seriously.. no matter WHO you got and how good they COULD be.. Ya'll don't need to be giving ANY draft picks away EVER...

What was Ernie thinking..

And that dude in San Antonio now.. getting major minutes... Hows that lookin for the Wiz??

Was that trade meant to encite some sort of hope? I agree with the previous caller.... bench Mcgee after he starts the game beasting and ONLY has 2 fouls? thatdude needs to leave ALL 6 on the floor...

The inexperience of Tapscott can be a setback while he tries anything...

RockDeep wrote:
And that dude in San Antonio now.. getting major minutes... Hows that lookin for the Wiz??
[table][tr][td]07-08[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]21.4[/td] [td]0.443[/td] [td]0.398[/td] [td]0.873[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]0.86[/td] [td]1.80[/td] [td]9.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]32.0[/td] [td]0.449[/td] [td]0.468[/td] [td]0.917[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]1.76[/td] [td]2.10[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
My-T.

^^
smh.gif
By the way Tommie.. can you take pics at my crib next week of the fam? You or Lavan got the lights and Camera set up.. Or would we be better offgoin to Sears or JC Penny?

Gas and a C-Note for your trouble. Feel free to bring the fam as well if that helps the decision.. as you know we have plenty O cribs and pack andplays..should the lil one need sleepy time.

DO the Wiz ever trade for noteworthy guys???

I forgot they have nothing to offer back...

At least if your an ex-terrapin you know you have work at the end of the season..

Back
Top Bottom