Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
You'll be waiting 10+ years for them except the black and red 1's. Those release every other year albeit in a different variation.

2013 was the best year for Air Jordan 1's. That year was a reward for the heads who have loved their Air Jordan 1's as we watched others who caught on late squirm trying to get shadows or royals for sub 500
...no.

Colorways? Sure.

They did them dirty.

1985, 1994, 2001, 2015 even >>>>> 2013.

I don't care if breds, royals, and shadows came out. They may as well have been mids compared to the recent retros.

...no.

Colorways? Sure.

They did them dirty.

I don't care if breds, royals, and shadows came out. They may as well have been mids compared to the recent retros.
I wouldn't say they did them dirty at all.... The color on the 01s sure but I would take a 2013 over a 2001.

Last edited:
Wait WHAT????? SS be doing what......shill bidding??? Enlighten me.

Peeps have been saying it for years. I googled him w/ "shill bidding" a while back and among the results there are a few NT'ers saying the same thing. I'm not saying it's completely nefarious, but dude's auctions zip up to $140 almost immediately out of the gate. You can't tell me random buyers are max-bidding evey one of his auctions like that within minutes of his listings going live just because he's that popular.

Last edited:

I wouldn't say they did them dirty at all.... The color on the 01s sure but I would take a 2013 over a 2001.
Okay maybe 2001 was a stretch but still. 2013 was good but we were still screwed with the quality.

It's just like the White Cement 4s. They'll realize soon (within next 3 years, easily.) that they didn't do it properly and re-re-re-release them with OG quality etc etc

(but forget one minor detail so they can do it again)

Could have sworn prices were like $350
Was in upper $200's late 2013. Yea like in early 2014 at the time the Outlet B-Grades dropped $350 was the norm. At times FC prices kept fluctuating (which I hate) I watched a size 10 go from 300, 325, 350, 400, 425, 475, 500, 525, 550. A Side note pay attention to price drops on there. Frags were listed at 1200 instead of 1400 for two days earlier this week

Okay maybe 2001 was a stretch but still. 2013 was good but we were still screwed with the quality.

It's just like the White Cement 4s. They'll realize soon (within next 3 years, easily.) that they didn't do it properly and re-re-re-release them with OG quality etc etc

(but forget one minor detail so they can do it again)
Yup agree 100% but I like my shadows from 2013 
smile.gif
 and if they had the same quality as the 2015 Chicagos, I am sure I would like them more. Jordan does this crap on purpose and when you feel like you have every Jordan you need, they drop for example WC 4s with Nike air haha. I hate JB but boy do I respect their hustle.

Was in upper $200's late 2013. Yea like in early 2014 at the time the Outlet B-Grades dropped $350 was the norm. At times FC prices kept fluctuating (which I hate) I watched a size 10 go from 300, 325, 350, 400, 425, 475, 500, 525, 550. A Side note pay attention to price drops on there. Frags were listed at 1200 instead of 1400 for two days earlier this week
I once saw a pair of B grade Black toe 1s in a size 9 on Flight club for 275 shipped not too long a go 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Most people on NT couldn't fathom the amount of volume Sole Supremacy moves.  If they wasted their time shill bidding they'd need a full time staff just to handle shill bidding all the listings they put up.

Sole Supremacy is one of the few consignment shops that doesn't play the games the others do.  They buy whole collections at great prices so they have a lot more room than the 20% most shops have to work with.

...no.
Colorways? Sure.
They did them dirty.

'85 is the OG year so you can't compare retros to those. '94 and '01 only had 2 OG colorways release that year. 2013 brought back the big colorways WITH OG branding at that. 2014 and 2015 are still riding the wave that 2013 set about. Before 2013 how many OG branded 1's were you seeing? Even the initial hype of banned 1's came about because of that ever so coveted Nike Air on the tongue. And the quality on 2013's at that point and time were very good and still are. All this fragment, SBB, 2015 chi hype has people trying to downplay 2013 1's. Like oh, the leather is softer to the touch now....but they still feel like all other Air Jordan 1's on your feet. Blahhhh 2013 is the reason most people on here are even checking for Air Jordan 1's

i don't believe SS shill bids at all. But anything is possible especially when it means they can make more.

But i don't buy it

yup, one of the most legit sites/stores around

dont believe it for a second but again anything is possible but those dudes are legit as they come so doubt it.

...no.
Colorways? Sure.
They did them dirty.
Maybe but your puttin the cart before the horse. Go back to January of 2013 and your hella excited.

Even though this year 1s are way better quality than 2013. The 2013 is still better than a lot of Jordan releases in terms of quality sadly lol

Last edited:
Most people on NT couldn't fathom the amount of volume Sole Supremacy moves.  If they wasted their time shill bidding they'd need a full time staff just to handle shill bidding all the listings they put up.

Sole Supremacy is one of the few consignment shops that doesn't play the games the others do.  They buy whole collections at great prices so they have a lot more room than the 20% most shops have to work with.

True, but don't they also bulk-list? Meaning rather than just listing everything willy-nilly whenever they get to it, they seem to list a bunch of stuff all at once only once a week, which makes it a lot easier to plan the bid process as needed.

I don't know, maybe I'm just naive, but when I see stuff like worn black-toe 14s at $140+ w/ 40+ bids just a couple days into a 7-day auction (when there are DS pairs in the same size at $110 or so w/ less time remaining), I scratch my head.

Last edited:
Maybe but your puttin the cart before the horse. Go back to January of 2013 and your hella excited.
Well, yeah. But I'm speaking of buying them now.

If you blindfolded me and handed me a pair of 15 Chicagos (Doesn't even need to be SBBs...) and a pair of 13 breds and ask me which one I like more I'm taking the chicagos 10 times out of 10.

I'm not upset over the 2013 retros at all. Just not my cup of tea, I've got a long life of shoes ahead of me and I'll still be around the next time they retro, which is why I couldn't fathom spending 300+ for any of them.

If you guys aren't totally into buying new, a lot of consignment shops near me receive 2013 1s and put them out for $100-300. You can clean them up easily. Really anything except the Breds, Royals, and Shadows. Let me know I'll look out for you. I sadly passed on black toes recently (7.5/10) for $140
indifferent.gif

Different note: saw the 1.5s in person for the first time today. Was indifferent about them until I put them on. Then I HATED them. They really do look like clown shoes. I couldn't do it.

Well, yeah. But I'm speaking of buying them now.

If you blindfolded me and handed me a pair of 15 Chicagos (Doesn't even need to be SBBs...) and a pair of 13 breds and ask me which one I like more I'm taking the chicagos 10 times out of 10.

I'm not upset over the 2013 retros at all. Just not my cup of tea, I've got a long life of shoes ahead of me and I'll still be around the next time they retro, which is why I couldn't fathom spending 300+ for any of them.

If you guys aren't totally into buying new, a lot of consignment shops near me receive 2013 1s and put them out for $100-300. You can clean them up easily. Really anything except the Breds, Royals, and Shadows. Let me know I'll look out for you. I sadly passed on black toes recently (7.5/10) for $140
indifferent.gif

Different note: saw the 1.5s in person for the first time today. Was indifferent about them until I put them on. Then I HATED them. They really do look like clown shoes. I couldn't do it.
Black and Reds 1s. 2013. Between $100-$300. Where do I sign (if DS or 99.99999999999999% VNDS).

True, but don't they also bulk-list? Meaning rather than just listing everything willy-nilly whenever they get to it, they seem to list a bunch of stuff all at once only once a week, which makes it a lot easier to plan the bid process as needed.

I don't know, maybe I'm just naive, but when I see stuff like worn black-toe 14s at $140+ w/ 40+ bids just a couple days into a 7-day auction (when there are DS pairs in the same size at $110 or so w/ less time remaining), I scratch my head.
I don't think you have a good understanding of how ebay works.  It may not seem logical to you but the majority of people that purchase on ebay like auction style listings because they are hoping to get a deal then when the action is close to ending a lot of them get emotional and bid up the price because they don't want to lose.

Sole Supremacy has sold over 6700 items on ebay since May.  You can't imagine how staggering the amount of effort it would take to shill bid those items.  Slander has to be logical, this slander wasn't thought out.

Haha I paid $425 shipped for a DS pair of 01 black/reds in January and then the soles blew out [emoji]128531[/emoji]

Royals didn't hit 1000 until late late 2014 ppl should have jumped when prices were 450-600 (late 2013 to mid late 2014 on FC. Breds were fluctuating from 350 a bit after RD to 500-600 a good 7 months afterwards the jump to 800 wasn't until this year. Shadows were going for 350-500 for the longest on FC that 600-800 jump wasn't until late late 2014 til mid 2015.....lol sorry I watch FC like a hawk sometimes

Last edited:
I don't think you have a good understanding of how ebay works.  It may not seem logical to you but the majority of people that purchase on ebay like auction style listings because they are hoping to get a deal then when the action is close to ending a lot of them get emotional and bid up the price because they don't want to lose.

Sole Supremacy has sold over 6700 items on ebay since May.  You can't imagine how staggering the amount of effort it would take to shill bid those items.  Slander has to be logical, this slander wasn't thought out.

Ebay member since '02 - I think I have a decent grasp of how it works. Just because he has a lot of sold auctions doesn't mean he's not shilling up the prices, whether early on in the auction's life cycle or toward it's closing.

Specifically, my point was about early bids. Explain to me why his auctions regularly have higher prices earlier during their duration than identical (or better condition - as in DS) items in other auctions with less time remaining. I always see his auctions (which start at $0.99) well over $80 or $100 almost immediately, with like 6.5 days remaining, while similar items will be at the same price or less with a day or so remaining. It doesn't make any sense.

For someone who prides themselves on their $0.99 starting bids, I very rarely see real steals coming from his listings, and I've watched a lot of them. They almost always go for the going rate for that pair, if not more. I've seen (and gotten) much better deals on DS pairs than he often gets for used pairs.

I just know that I pretty much don't bother watching his stuff anymore, because it just seems fishy to me.

Oh, and slander is spoken -- it's libel in written form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom