Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I can promise you he's in the minority. Plenty of my friends own pairs from early '00 and they're holding up just fine.

If they were stored in a proper environment there is no reason the shoes should be unwearable. '01 royals, '01 breds, '00 concord and space jams etc. You make it they're fine. The only pair in my collection that has suffered from old age so far are the bred '01s. Slight sole separation but nothing that barge glue can't fix.
I got a few pairs from early 2000s that I still rock with no problems. Just nothing from almost 22yrs ago. Don't want to spend the money on them and then not get a chance to enjoy them out in the world. This is a tough 1.

With this eBay debate I think a lot of it is luck of the draw. For example, I would have one auction end at like 250 one week and the buyer would flake. I would relist and the item would go for 300. With auctions it's all about timing and who is viewing your post
This man knows.  It is fact that if your ebay auction ends on certain days between prime hours your likely to get an auction that gets bid up simply because there are more people actively on at the time the auction is ending.

I recently sold my worn 2013 Chicago 1s on ebay for $220, the sad thing is I could have gotten more but I still feel bad for charging someone that much.

Lol, yeah you read my mind. 2 are gonna go. Got my rotation pair, one on ice and maybe trade bait should something come along. Its nice when your old and your shoe size is set.
[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji] size 10 gang [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

I got a few pairs from early 2000s that I still rock with no problems. Just nothing from almost 22yrs ago. Don't want to spend the money on them and then not get a chance to enjoy them out in the world. This is a tough 1.

For sure man. My oldest pair is the Chicago '94s, which are 21 years old now. I just don't want cats in here to think that it's the norm for 1s to crumble. That just ain't true. Some dudes are still occasionally rocking '85 joints and they're fine. I do understand that a lot of it is how they were stored.

For sure man. My oldest pair is the Chicago '94s, which are 21 years old now. I just don't want cats in here to think that it's the norm for 1s to crumble. That just ain't true. Some dudes are still occasionally rocking '85 joints and they're fine. I do understand that a lot of it is how they were stored.

Yup very much true... Just still upset about my 01s so I felt the need to state it can happen even though it is very rare.

Ebay member since '02 - I think I have a decent grasp of how it works. Just because he has a lot of sold auctions doesn't mean he's not shilling up the prices, whether early on in the auction's life cycle or toward it's closing.

Specifically, my point was about early bids. Explain to me why his auctions regularly have higher prices earlier during their duration than identical (or better condition - as in DS) items in other auctions with less time remaining. I always see his auctions (which start at $0.99) well over $80 or $100 almost immediately, with like 6.5 days remaining, while similar items will be at the same price or less with a day or so remaining. It doesn't make any sense.

For someone who prides themselves on their $0.99 starting bids, I very rarely see real steals coming from his listings, and I've watched a lot of them. They almost always go for the going rate for that pair, if not more. I've seen (and gotten) much better deals on DS pairs than he often gets for used pairs.

I just know that I pretty much don't bother watching his stuff anymore, because it just seems fishy to me.

Oh, and slander is spoken -- it's libel in written form.

Again, I think people know what SS is about and are as legit as they come. Its like people who pay FC prices. Peace of mind about knowing you're getting legit shoes.

They literally have a bunch of fans who wait for them to put up their auctions. I think they even tweet or make an announcement when they are about to release a bunch of shoes

Last edited:
Fam you started too late in the game when it comes to Jordan 1s. Carmine's gon run you 230-300
I know (for the 1 game), I was trying to get them (Carmines) back in '14 but college and work was on my mind that I forgot about them. 

Last edited:
weren't the Black toe B grades pretty damn good? Like they shouldn't have really been b grades?
This was the pair I got from ebay last year.  The seller didn't disclose or take pics of this flaw in the listing (my fault for not asking for pics).  Then he shipped them sitting upright in the box.  Had a dispute with him and was about to send them back, but he knocked off $80 from the price. 

But this horrible crease on the medial side really bothered me.  I wasn't sure if this was a manufacturing flaw, or caused by how the seller shipped them,  But they were marked B-grades.  And these ran huge size wise.  So I sold em (and made sure I noted the flaw and they were stamped B grades).

Last edited:
He means "Sole Supremacy" shill bids - he bids up his own items for a higher price, or even a "high price" so he doesn't have to sell his stuff below rap*sell. He's the only seller on ebay you'll ever see w/ 43 bids on his items 20 mins after they're listed.
POST OF THE WEEKEND

Not surprised to see the Chicago 1.5 still sitting on shelves. Tried on a pair and I could not Convince myself in getting pair.

This was the pair I got from ebay last year.  The seller didn't disclose or take pics of this flaw in the listing (my fault for not asking for pics).  Then he shipped them sitting upright in the box.  Had a dispute with him and was about to send them back, but he knocked off $80 from the price. 

But this horrible crease on the medial side really bothered me.  I wasn't sure if this was a manufacturing flaw, or caused by how the seller shipped them,  But they were marked B-grades.  And these ran huge size wise.  So I sold em (and made sure I noted the flaw and they were stamped B grades).

Those are definite b grades, and not shipping defects. It was a gamble. People lined up at outlets for those b grades. Some got a grades with no flaws. And some got those. ( Some even worse than those.)

saw the 1.5's for the first time at NT yesterday and I didn't want to stand too close and have someone i know catch me looking at those god awful things.

I love em both....

Ughhhh

Choice between frags or DS 94 breds

If all else were equal and it boiled down strictly to preference, I would go with the Fragments simply because I know you already have a pair of Black/Red Is.

On the other hand, Fragments will exist in the marketplace for far longer than '94 Black/Reds will.

Black/Red Is are my favorite colorway on the model, and the '94 pair is a grail of mine, but my final suggestion would be to get the Fragments.

Back
Top Bottom