Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Lil red, white blue and lil black
Happy Puerto Rican day[emoji]133669450231[/emoji]

@Reanimationx dope breds bro. You copped at a great price too. There's unfortunately too many bred retros right now so breds can be had for cheaper but I definitely remember that being a $500 plus shoe not too long ago.

@Reanimationx dope breds bro. You copped at a great price too. There's unfortunately too many bred retros right now so breds can be had for cheaper but I definitely remember that being a $500 plus shoe not too long ago.

Unless you're a reseller I don't see why too many bred 1 retros is a bad thing. Shoe is always in high demand which is why there are so many releases. For a consumer, that's a good thing obviously.

the only thing people get upset about is that you consistently fail to grasp the idea of market value.

its not a sin to pay under retail for high valued shoes. it just never happens.
No need to be upset I know exactly what market value means. I'm not sure people in this thread understand it. You shouldn't defend paying over retail for worn shoes. Makes no sense.

Unless you're a reseller I don't see why too many bred 1 retros is a bad thing. Shoe is always in high demand which is why there are so many releases. For a consumer, that's a good thing obviously.

I LOVE breds word to the 6 different pairs in my crib. There is such thing as too much of even good things tho. Jb is even playing that idea of bred frags. I just think the colorway could use a break from releases again for a while.

We've literally had 5 different bred releases in like 8 years. At this point I'd rather see more OG colors.

Last edited:
No need to be upset I know exactly what market value means. I'm not sure people in this thread understand it. You shouldn't defend paying over retail for worn shoes. Makes no sense.

except that you don't.

say you have a pair of shattered backboards. their current deadstock value is about $600. you wore them a few times, but still pretty clean. you decided you don't want them anymore so you look to sell them. there is absolutely no reason to let them go for $150 when there are ready and willing buyers that will gladly give you $500.

supply and demand dictate market value. for shoes like sbb's and breds, there is a high demand and a finite supply. the point of their intersection is why product is valued high...whether they were used or not. this idea is well grasped by people in this thread but somehow falls short with you...which is why it "makes no sense" to you

I feel like having one pair of each is good enough. Unless you like collecting older releases. I've got 4 pairs of b/reds 16' 01' 94' 85'but I'm finding myself only wearing the 2016s it gets kind of annoying having those extras and a little overwhelming. Find myself questioning why I feel the need to have so many especially of the same color.

Would you pay 500 for SBB's?

Maybe he wouldn't but there are people who will pull that trigger without thinking twice about it. From a sellers viewpoint it's a ton of profit. While from a buyers viewpoint if they want it bad enough than they consider that the price paid is worth it.

My point was aimed at buyers not sellers. Why would a buyer defend crazy resell prices. Once again enlighten me.

My point was aimed at buyers not sellers. Why would a buyer defend crazy resell prices. Once again enlighten me.

No one is defending it. It's just the way it goes. You can't find most of these shoes that are sought after or worn. For retail and below. My first pair of 1s were the 85 b/reds in 2010. The first shoe I paid 300 bucks for heavily worn, no stars, etc. The cheapest I've seen them now in my size is 600 and up. The price inflates over time with scarcity. If I could pay 50 bucks for a shoe that had cost 65 bucks back in 1985 I would hop on that deal but it never happens unless you stumble upon a garage sale with some grandma who's son moved out ages ago and she just wants to get rid of all his stuff. The guy who paid 200 something for his 01s in a 9.5 got a super good deal. Because 01s on average are going for 300-500 depending on the condition of the shoe. It comes down to your values he wanted them bad enough so he justified the price. You'd be laughed at if you shot a seller an offer of 115 for a pair of worn Shattered backboard. They wouldn't even pay attention to your bid. It's just the way it is.

No one is defending it. It's just the way it goes. You can't find most of these shoes that are sought after or worn. For retail and below. My first pair of 1s were the 85 b/reds in 2010. The first shoe I paid 300 bucks for heavily worn, no stars, etc. The cheapest I've seen them now in my size is 600 and up. The price inflates over time with scarcity. If I could pay 50 bucks for a shoe that had cost 65 bucks back in 1985 I would hop on that deal but it never happens unless you stumble upon a garage sale with some grandma who's son moved out ages ago and she just wants to get rid of all his stuff. The guy who paid 200 something for his 01s in a 9.5 got a super good deal. Because 01s on average are going for 300-500 depending on the condition of the shoe. It comes down to your values he wanted them bad enough so he justified the price. You'd be laughed at if you shot a seller an offer of 115 for a pair of worn Shattered backboard. They wouldn't even pay attention to your bid. It's just the way it is.
"WE CONTROL THE MARKET!"- scoop208

again...if you cannot understand market value, you won't be able to comprehend a buyer's willingness to pay over retail for used shoes. people buy what they want at a price they find reasonable...if they don't buy it, someone else will. please stop asking us to enlighten you.

...NTers are some of the most educated bunch out there in regards to relative value and the 'perceived' value of products. They write a thesis in their head everytime a sneaker releases to justify costs/resell buying/resell selling. Dun't you kno dat bruh? 
laugh.gif

"WE CONTROL THE MARKET!"- scoop208

Yep and there's no way you can have all the sneakerheads in the world meet up and decide not to sell or buy shoes for over retail. People right now have 4-5 SBBs waiting for the right time to decide to resell where profit is looking like frag resell prices. The notion that "if everybody did...." is out of the question and can't even be considered. The culture is too big and too far gone. On this thread bruhs help other bruhs through PMs, favors, and fair pricing. For all that there are people at sneakercons selling fake b/red drag shoes for $20,000. If there's money to be made someone is capitalizing to the umpteenth degree. We control the market, yes but we are also slaves to it by our own designs. If somehow nike decided to mass produce these kicks like they do air force 1s or monarchs, than the market would be shot. The day I go into a Famous footwear and see a full size run of B/reds and it's in every store than that is the day that I would feel like we won. That day is never gonna come.

Yep and there's no way you can have all the sneakerheads in the world meet up and decide not to sell or buy shoes for over retail. People right now have 4-5 SBBs waiting for the right time to decide to resell where profit is looking like frag resell prices. The notion that "if everybody did...." is out of the question and can't even be considered. The culture is too big and too far gone. On this thread bruhs help other bruhs through PMs, favors, and fair pricing. For all that there are people at sneakercons selling fake b/red drag shoes for $20,000. If there's money to be made someone is capitalizing to the umpteenth degree. We control the market, yes but we are also slaves to it by our own designs. If somehow nike decided to mass produce these kicks like they do air force 1s or monarchs, than the market would be shot. The day I go into a Famous footwear and see a full size run of B/reds and it's in every store than that is the day that I would feel like we won. That day is never gonna come.
it wasnt this bad back in the day. I think its deff social media driving these prices. Before not everyone was hip to the latest styes but when someone is the middle of nowhere can now keep up with all the latest fashion trends from the biggest cities. you see the similar effect with slang  traveling at the speed of light thanks to social media. 

Broke out the New Loves yesterday for F1 weekend

Normally I wear my AJ1s loose laced like this but QC decided to leave one of the very top holes on the right shoe bigger than the rest so the lace keeps popping out :frown:

Gonna have to tie these like a big boy for once

it wasnt this bad back in the day. I think its deff social media driving these prices. Before not everyone was hip to the latest styes but when someone is the middle of nowhere can now keep up with all the latest fashion trends from the biggest cities. you see the similar effect with slang  traveling at the speed of light thanks to social media. 

Instagram, fb, Snapchat, YouTube, celebrity, website upon website, its free advertising and generates hype. Gives us this false sense of a needed commodity. People literally kill for shoes and these companies see that and though they may be horrified at the act the notion of someone wanting your product so badly that they'll rob and kill for them, it's also like a little stroke to their ego. They got us by the balls.

Last edited:
Instagram, fb, Snapchat, YouTube, celebrity, website upon website, its free advertising and generates hype. Gives us this false sense of a needed commodity. People literally kill for shoes and these companies see that and though they may be horrified at the act the notion of someone wanting your product so badly that they'll rob and kill for them, it's also like a little stroke to their ego. They got us by the balls.
Us OG heads that grew up with MJ, got our taste of the shoe 'crack' from the man himself.... We don't get hyped from social media BS. I don't look at social media outlets for anything.....especially shoes (i don't give a rat's a*s*s what some stranger thinks about them or their "review" consisting of describing what is right in your face) 

These new social media outlet advertising tactics are for the new consumers who don't even know who the F MJ is. They need their first taste of the crack to be hooked, and the hype train is what is going to get them because kids always want to go along with the crowd and get something everybody else is doing. 

tl;dr --- OG heads who grew up with MJ got their first crack taste from MJ. New hype-heads are getting it from social media advertising tactics. 

In the end......... it's all about that shoe crack. 
laugh.gif

So uh.... *scratches neck* ... *tilts head* .....*looks away*..... you got any new Js coming out bruh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom