Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
vampire xtc vampire xtc keep the info coming...I work at a champs on weekends so it's good to hear this type of knowledge from someone higher up. How do you guys determine who gets certain quickstrikes, and things like that?

Each store under footlocker is representative of a certain aspect

Footlocker/hoh is more basketball orientated

Footaction is the urban account so they will get more Nike sportswear and of course clothing diamond Nike clothing etc..

Champs is the runners store

As for decisions of certain shoes to one account and not the other goes

Footlocker/hoh/footaction by default are go to QS drops

Champs for the most part won't receive basketball QS but exceptions do happen like Ferrari 14's here and there

Champs can get QS or even flat out exclusive runners in fact it happens kinda on the regular lol there is always a nike runner or a adidas nmd that's champs exclusive

Champs will always have the lowest allocation of basketball or Nike sportswear due to its runner focus that included Jordan brand as that is basketball

I have noticed tho champs tends to get a lot of GS sizes of Jordan's more so than others not sure why could be just because out of the 3 champs always has the biggest GS/toddler section built out but never seen any paper work stating this

Great post...

You are right for the most part

Nike is having an issue of not being looked at as the cool kid no more

Plus other issues

So nikes quality and craftsmanship is super way in the toilet for those old enough to know better lol

Then they have the nerve to jack up the price on the crap quality

Then the releases are kinda mehhh

So it's a triple turn off

Nike basketball division has been crap for a few years now both is sales and just frankly ugly shoes lol

Nike never had to work the casual market because we the consumer took their basket ball shoes and used them as casual shoes 99% of the time lol

Adidas is just dominating the casual market and they keep getting better and better at it

And you are correct there is a trickle down effect but only if the product beneath the initial draw is quality product

Also adidas has learned availability is everything you can get Pharrell tennis hu in champs for example

The consumer LOVES this because Nike has made them jump through hoops(still does) forever

Most don't know this but the best selling shoe of 2016

Is NOT

any Jordan shoe

Is NOT

Any yeezy shoe

It's the adidas superstar that outsold every shoe in 2016

Adidas most commercially available shoe

As for the drake and Travis stuff

Drake hasn't done really anything than some Jordan's with new colors that are impossible to get and Travis we will see what happens

But it's a smart move by Nike

Still upset that Kendrick didn't get a Jordan Brand endorsement. Why Travis Scott? I understand he's a fan of the Jordan 1 among others but...
Also, have you heard anything about the 11s clemensn clemensn mentioned in the above post?

Banneds sat on Eastbay until they went on sale for large sizes but had to jump through hoops for large sizes on the Royals. So while there were more Royals it sure didn't feel like it...

Still upset that Kendrick didn't get a Jordan Brand endorsement. Why Travis Scott? I understand he's a fan of the Jordan 1 among others but...
Also, have you heard anything about the 11s clemensn clemensn mentioned in the above post?

Travis is more of a tastemaker to the generation that has no memory of Jordan's legacy (Kanye-Lite).

Banneds sat on Eastbay until they went on sale for large sizes but had to jump through hoops for large sizes on the Royals. So while there were more Royals it sure didn't feel like it...
Squatchenomics don't count when talking about inventory :lol:

As far as endorsements go some people just want things and companies won't bend

Could be a money issue could be a creative control issue etc..

Look at Ronnie fieg

He has a co branded kith-Nike store

Has he had an official Nike collabo yet?

Mind you this is a guy who has done like anything he wanted with asics and new balance from colors and concepts to resurrecting dead models lol

All he's done with Nike is what a re issue linen and likely an uptempo soon

And I'm more than sure it's not for a lack of wanting to do something

Just when you deal with a company it can be a lot of red tape

As far as the 11's nah just rumors holiday 11's news break far long before nike officially tells us concords and cool greys been the rumor but nothing confirmed

Yea that big foot struggle is real Nike but all brands are very inconsistent with the bigger sizing

I've seen Nike shoes size 19 then next release finding a 15 is like impossible

Just a mess

Yea that big foot struggle is real Nike but all brands are very inconsistent with the bigger sizing

I've seen Nike shoes size 19 then next release finding a 15 is like impossible

Just a mess
And this is just the AJ 1 model. Metallic red, Black Toes and ASG never released above a 14 stateside.

giphy.gif
:pimp:

Jordan Brand’s Frank Cooker took it to Instagram to reveal this exclusive Air Jordan 1 Black Lives Matter with a message that reads, “and so does standing up for peace , harmony , equality and justice for ALL!”
air-jordan-1-black-lives-matter.png

Jordan Brand’s Frank Cooker took it to Instagram to reveal this exclusive Air Jordan 1 Black Lives Matter with a message that reads, “and so does standing up for peace , harmony , equality and justice for ALL!”
air-jordan-1-black-lives-matter.png

It would have been better if he didn't add that caption and let the message on the shoes be the caption.

Last edited:
Let us also remember Nike makes retailers buy all the clothing and socks that won't sell in order to obtain the good shoe releases. The retailer has no choice but to take the crap and try to move it. That's why some stores make you buy bundles.

Nike's pimp hand is so strong

Legit death grip lol

They are bullies and they know it and don't care

Their infrastructure is crazy at this point

But this is actually hurting them against adidas who is all about innovation and new ways of doing things which to be fair adidas being smaller is in a amazing space which allows them to do these things

And they are embracing all the young creatives

I mean they legit put out a pusha t shoe with it bagged up like dope bundles lol

TWICE!

lol

To be fair asics did the 8 ball with concepts also

But Nike won't be doin this

To many old board members who are out of touch and can't adapt with the times

They need fresh blood not gentry making an abortion out of an entire division of Nike like he's been doing for years lol

But in the retail space Nike gives zero ****s

Legit f you pay me

Let us also remember Nike makes retailers buy all the clothing and socks that won't sell in order to obtain the good shoe releases. The retailer has no choice but to take the crap and try to move it. That's why some stores make you buy bundles.

Honestly most stores push that to improve their KPI reports(key performance indicators)

It looks great when a store has an influx in sock sales or insoles etc..

So when a footlocker is like "I'll sell you this if you buy a hook up" it's not just for their commission it does help KPI

The irony of this is it's a dead give away of what stores are hooking up resellers

Because managers will hold pairs for resellers with the agreement of I'll sell it but you have to buy a "hook up" each pair or every other pair etc...

So when we see a KPI report and all of a sudden they had an amazing weekend of sock sales it's a dead giveaway lol

Can't prove it but no one is stupid here

Back
Top Bottom