Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

no amount of limited-ness will change how ugly they are
This!
They fall in line with the Highlight reels, Clovers, Laneys, and Knicks. A retro+ with NA as their only selling point.
I actually like the Clovers. Not going to spend more than retail, preferably under, but I still like them nonetheless and purchased a pair. The rest are ehhhhh, the Knicks Id buy if they were super cheap. The Carmines? Plain ole turrible.  Laney's don't fall too far behind either. 

Agreed. They should seek NSW for help on white leather.

Now this right here! :pimp: heard nothing but great thing about the leather quality on that shoe. Were they hard to get?

@geraldg2309 Nice pic. I was going to do something like that a few days ago. When the talk on this thread turned to the quality of white leather. But you beat me to the punch.
Thanks man. Still give credit to you for convincing me to get them. 
laugh.gif

Now this right here!
pimp.gif
heard nothing but great thing about the leather quality on that shoe. Were they hard to get?
Not really which was the best thing of all. Chicago CW had no hype.. Picked them up at a discount for $95. Sold out now though 

Black based 1s have always been my favorite save for a couple exlusions. Black toes and blk/white being those. Whoever laying down some kind of logic with breds, royals and carmines, lol. There is no cw ever that could match the og. They are pretty much on the level of perfection.

I'm thinking about treating my 1s (royal, black/red and black toe) like I saw in a thread on here awhile ago. I like the thick, hydrated look older pairs seem to have vs. the flat dehydrated almost cracking look the newer ones have. I'm wondering if there are any negative effects in the long term? anyone have any insight on this?

Black based 1s have always been my favorite save for a couple exlusions. Black toes and blk/white being those. Whoever laying down some kind of logic with breds, royals and carmines, lol. There is no cw ever that could match the og. They are pretty much on the level of perfection.
The only cw that I would say compares to OGs is the New Loves. They're based off the black based OG color blocking, but I like the subtle differences.

Don't know why carmine 1s are getting the flame treatment.. people that are claiming the 6s > 1s on this release are crazy.. cdp 6/17s weren't that long ago. Good luck on getting jb to reretro carmine 1s. When you put these on feet they look great
exactly...The the quality between the CDP 6 and the new retro 6 is straight ***. They just made these carmines 6 for the hype and printed them in a cheaper factory for sure. THey are nothing like the CDP in quality wise. Im sure these cats hating on the 1s will jump the bandwagon when they sell for bred and royal prices in the near future. How many people jumped on the royal and bred wagon when they started jumping into the 300+ range...

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

You don't know what I'd give for a pair like those. I traded a pair of '88s that I got release day by mistake more than anything for my pair of New Loves. The IIIs were a size and a half to small. I figured I could size swap for my true size. After all attempts failed I tried to sale them, and got robbed at gun point in the process. The guy got caught, and I got my shoes back a year later. Shout out to :nerd:ne Sneaker House for the trade.

Last edited:
You don't know what I'd give for a pair like those. I traded a pair of '88s that I got release day by mistake more than anything for my pair of New Loves. The IIIs were a size and a half to small. I figured I could size swap for my true size. After all attempts failed I tried to sale them, and got robbed at gun point in the process. The guy got caught, and I got my shoes back a year later. Shot out to :nerd:ne Sneaker House for the trade.
At gun point?! :wow:

Good thing you're okay, you got your shoes back, and he was caught.

Back
Top Bottom