• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Union prices dropping, might be right there with you

had the set (team manual) but had to sell the set to support my family after getting laid off after having a kid and coming back from leave.

you already know I will be watching these prices like a vulture.
both union 1s might have been the highest quality sneakers I've ever owned.

Economy seems to be tanking so we could see $500-$700 Unions soon enough. Those of us who are still employed through this mess can use our stimulus package to cop Unions.

Economy seems to be tanking so we could see $500-$700 Unions soon enough. Those of us who are still employed through this mess can use our stimulus package to cop Unions.

I don't see it reaching that low. Not everybody who still has their sneakers in deadstock condition are strapping for cash. I feel like people who are strapped for cash aren't likely to be the type of people who still have sneakers such as Unions in deadstock condition.

I don't see it reaching that low. Not everybody who still has their sneakers in deadstock condition are strapping for cash. I feel like people who are strapped for cash aren't likely to be the type of people who still have sneakers such as Unions in deadstock condition.

Yeah this is a good point, I bet people who are strapped for cash and got Unions for retail probably moved those LOOOOONG ago.

Last edited:

But probably also less buyers looking to drop $1k+ for a shoe that released a year (?) ago.

But probably also less buyers looking to drop $1k+ for a shoe that released a year (?) ago.

True. Then there's me who's still eyeing those TS1s. :nerd:

Don't judge me :emoji_confounded:

Maybe both of you are partially correct and what we’ll actually see is a ceiling for releases like Unions instead of prices coming down... There wasn’t a resale market like StockX/GOAT during the post-2008 recession and resell was fragmented by random sellers on eBay.

Depends on how long this goes. The economy is essentially on pause even middle class people can be check to check and they are the type of people that may have a DS pair of Unions. You quickly find out whats important when cash is no longer coming in and Unions are like at the bottom of the list. Getting a quick 1k to $700 in these times for shoes of all things seems wise.

It blows my mind how long some people hold a shoe DS.

I mean it's either in possession by someone who got it at retail or already paid a resale price. It's not a store with unsold inventory.

I feel like wear them if ya got em.

Nothing like a visit from the Glitter Fairy
96A3B88E-0450-4F07-BB24-69CC239B3902.jpeg

It's gonna be a buyer's market, but I don't figure most of the higher priced 1's I got my eye on are gonna come down in value a noteworthy amount. They were rare enough already and owned by people who will probably survive this downturn just fine.

I wouldn’t let my DS Union Black Toes go for less than 2K. Now, if 12 months from now we’re still dealing with the Corona virus & economic issues, then my answer could change.

i have never had glitter on any 1s...what causes it?
here’s the product description of this stuff called “spew remover”
Spew refers to the natural fats that spew from the inside of leather to the surface. Spew on the surface of leather looks like a milky film, haze or small white dots. Though rare, it is most often seen in Aniline leathers. It may be wiped away with a cloth, but will reappear soon after. Applying Spew Remover to the surface wipes away the spew and absorbs into the leather to lock remaining fat liquors inside the leather to prevent reappearance.

link: https://leatherworldtech.com/spew-remover/

It's gonna be a buyer's market, but I don't figure most of the higher priced 1's I got my eye on are gonna come down in value a noteworthy amount. They were rare enough already and owned by people who will probably survive this downturn just fine.
They will come down. These are luxury goods and if macroeconomy goes into recession these are first to go. If we go into depression which we probably wont, all these luxury goods will be almost worthless. I just do not see depression coming though.

I don't think it will be Jordans that will feel the hit, in 2008, the market burst except for Jordans. Although th demand may have been less. Shoes like the Banned bred 1s were still very sought after.

All you can do is wipe them down regularly. I really don’t think it’s spew as the leather isn’t some high quality material, I honestly think it’s the paint they use.

All you can do is wipe them down regularly. I really don’t think it’s spew as the leather isn’t some high quality material, I honestly think it’s the paint they use.
Yeah no way it's spew, the glitter only comes out of that dookie thin plastic black leather they've been using. Notice how it doesn't happen to any other color of leather and didn't happen at all for some shoes like storm blues, navy metallics, etc

Back
Top Bottom